Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whats odd is that white is double coated pearl white, with any othet manufacturer you will be paying premium for it but in tesla its the other way around. That is free and the other paints you ll have to pay for. Elon’s mind works ina different way to others.
Pearl white once was the second most expensive colour, at around £1,500 and black was free. When they decided to go with white as the standard option there were rumours that it would be a cheap flat white and the pearl white would remain an option, but I think the extra build options that would create added more cost than just giving everyone a nice white for free :)

Pearl white once was the second most expensive colour, at around £1,500 and black was free. When they decided to go with white as the standard option there were rumours that it would be a cheap flat white and the pearl white would remain an option, but I think the extra build options that would create added more cost than just giving everyone a nice white for free :)
Also worth noting that Black is still free / White is a paid option in China (and maybe other countries have differences too).

Reactions: LOVO
So I ordered Jan 1 M3SR. I just got delivery as end March. Does that sound right? How do I get to Chat…I don’t see that anywhere on the Tesla website or app. Thx
I believe chat hours are roughly the same as Sales phone hours:
Monday - Saturday 10:00 - 18:00
Sunday 12:00 - 18:00

It's not always available, just have to keep refreshing the site.

So I ordered Jan 1 M3SR. I just got delivery as end March. Does that sound right? How do I get to Chat…I don’t see that anywhere on the Tesla website or app. Thx
Sounds good, did you order any options? I’m trying to gauge when I’ll get mine s lease customer so don’t see anything in the app. As per other response, the uk chat hours are sane as the sales phone line hours.

The chat icon won’t appear on your phone. Needs to be a browser on a pc and just need to keep refreshing.

I did think this. There's a couple of considerations I did have. I assume a model 3 will probably change a bit, maybe significantly in the next 3 years.. depending on those changes (crystal ball) I wonder if leasing now via salary sacrifice would take away the stress of full ownership if say Tesla do one and introduce 4680s or structural battery pack / suddenly reduce the M3 price by 30% (not likely but you never know) etc.... Leasing would let you walk away, whereas if you purchase, you'd have to absorb the difference.

It's all hypothetical, and didn't even occur to me before today and this silly scheme was introduced... Now I can't stop thinking about it lol.

It's the total cost of ownership I'm toying about the numbers with. Not having to fork out the 15k will help.... but then will never own the car... argh
Teslas are holding their value. Look at the used section

So my account is now complete. There's nothing left to do now other than wait for registration and delivery. I'm all paid up; in fact I'm due some money back from Tesla. The car is waiting for me at Southampton docks and has been since I put my order in for it over a week ago.

So what are the chances Tesla will actually pull their fingers out and allow me to collect this weekend? It's in their interests; one less irritating customer to worry about surely 🤣

Teslas are holding their value. Look at the used section
If you look at Tesla themselves, the cheapest is a 2019 SR with 50k on the clock, and that's a 5k under list price for a brand new SR (Probably the same as the list price in 2019). You can also buy a 2019 SR with 20k on the clock for the list price of a new one...
They do seem to be bundling EAP with any second hand orders to bump up the perceived value

Hard to describe that pricing as anything other than insane... But clearly there is demand

If you look at Tesla themselves, the cheapest is a 2019 SR with 50k on the clock, and that's a 5k under list price for a brand new SR (Probably the same as the list price in 2019). You can also buy a 2019 SR with 20k on the clock for the list price of a new one...
They do seem to be bundling EAP with any second hand orders to bump up the perceived value

Hard to describe that pricing as anything other than insane... But clearly there is demand
If you want a Tesla, you will pay the price, especially if you want it now-now

Leasing would let you walk away, whereas if you purchase, you'd have to absorb the difference.
I've gone round this as well. Leasing has the difference (risk) already factored in, so you absorb this with your monthly payments. A £60k M3P has a GFV of £25k after 3 years. In theory losing £35k but in practice it's the other way around; losing £25k and being worth £35k. If you walk away you are more likely (but not guaranteed) to be out-of-pocket.

However if you intend to purchase then it doesn't matter and the flexibility has value. The £60k car will cost £66k to own outright though versus what it cost to borrow / loss of interest on savings to purchase.

I opted to pay for mine in 'cash'. It's a huge amount of money (more than my first house) but I think it will have the lowest cost of ownership over the 3-5 years I will keep it.

Tesla are delivering my car to my house next week, as I’m leasing mine. They send you a text with a link to track it. How reliable is that tracking?
I need to shoot into work for the morning and I assume it’s coming from Southampton and I live in Suffolk.

Tesla are delivering my car to my house next week, as I’m leasing mine. They send you a text with a link to track it. How reliable is that tracking?
I need to shoot into work for the morning and I assume it’s coming from Southampton and I live in Suffolk.
Are you the 10th by any chance? I’m in Suffolk and I’m taking delivery on the 10th 👍🏼

Think I'll put the card in my phone case, behind my phone.

The only time I'll have an issue then is if I lose my phone, which I haven't done in the 29 years since I got my first mobile/housebrick! 😂📱🤣
I can't decide between fob and phone when my M3 arrives but have a question.

If there are two people in the car who have the phone app for access and both have settings around seat position, mirrors etc how does the car know which phone to connect to?

I've gone round this as well. Leasing has the difference (risk) already factored in, so you absorb this with your monthly payments. A £60k M3P has a GFV of £25k after 3 years. In theory losing £35k but in practice it's the other way around; losing £25k and being worth £35k. If you walk away you are more likely (but not guaranteed) to be out-of-pocket.

However if you intend to purchase then it doesn't matter and the flexibility has value. The £60k car will cost £66k to own outright though versus what it cost to borrow / loss of interest on savings to purchase.

I opted to pay for mine in 'cash'. It's a huge amount of money (more than my first house) but I think it will have the lowest cost of ownership over the 3-5 years I will keep it.
Do you really think a 60k M3P is going to be worth 25k after 3yrs?