Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now 5 on there
Yep, and I managed to get one of them! Didn’t especially want a black car, but seeing as my white LR is put back to May/June, I couldn’t resist. Been monitoring the Telegraph app over the last week or so and was too slow on quite a few occasions. Very stressful when trying to type urgently details on my phone today, because I was out and about! Can see a VIN on source code and I got the message about Bluetooth when I logged in to my account so I assume it’s on a boat somewhere, but no delivery date yet. Praying for delivery slot March or very early April. For anyone wanting an earlier car and not too fussed on spec I highly recommend trying the Telegraph app. Feeling a bit greedy now though seeing as I have two model 3s in my account…

My insurance premium is going to double. I'm older than average with low mileage (why buy electric?) and my renewal for BMW 520d was £197, but now I'm quoted £400+, even by Direct Line. I thought electric cars were roughly the same cost as ICE cars these days. Have others experienced the same?
Mentioned the same thing myself. Twice the price for the MY compared to my ICE cars.

Reactions: DIY-Trev
My insurance premium is going to double. I'm older than average with low mileage (why buy electric?) and my renewal for BMW 520d was £197, but now I'm quoted £400+, even by Direct Line. I thought electric cars were roughly the same cost as ICE cars these days. Have others experienced the same?
It’s hardly a like for like comparison though is it?

Getting my M3 standard Black aero at noon on the 16th. Got an email from Tesla telling me should have at least 100 miles range when collecting. I live 112 miles away so introduction to charging sooner than expected. If I bring the retention document for my cherished number Tesla service will make me up another set of plates too for a fee.

Tesla just said they have no idea where the leasing company got the 17th from, and that nothing has been assigned yet.

Looks like some Guinness is needed to drown the sorrows

Similar to me. My lease co told me Feb 28th initially and then that changed to March 15th. Still remains as March 15th however Tesla don’t know where that date has come from and they expect it in May-June. I ordered on December 9th. Irritating.

So, my Collection date is end March from Southampton. I was also offered Bluewater and told these were the only options. Now i see people mentioning Bristol, and Home Delivery. How do I get these options? How do I get to Chat - i cannot find anywhere on the website? Or do I need to go to Southampton as I have a trade in? Thx

I am just retired and the fully comp cover (age 66, 11+ NCB protected, self + wife, 5k miles p.a.) on my 6 year old BMW 520d last Feb 2021 was £244 through Tesco. Just paid £263 for similar insurance on new M3 RWD through Churchill. So no significant difference for me and the new car is worth a lot more than my old one. Did you try Confused.com/GoCompare.com? Privilege and Direct Line also quoted me around the same premium, Admiral and LV were around £450-500. Hope this helps.

Reactions: DIY-Trev and Dodo69
I am just retired and the fully comp cover (age 66, 11+ NCB protected, self + wife, 5k miles p.a.) on my 6 year old BMW 520d last Feb 2021 was £244 through Tesco. Just paid £263 for similar insurance on new M3 RWD through Churchill. So no significant difference for me and the new car is worth a lot more than my old one. Did you try Confused.com/GoCompare.com? Privilege and Direct Line also quoted me around the same premium, Admiral and LV were around £450-500. Hope this helps.
Direct line was cheapest for me. About £70 more than my Merc A Class, 50 this year with 11+ NCD, wife add driver, parked on drive etc. other quotes a lot more on Compare sites.

I was told by my local Tesla Showroom that mats are now included

It's right there on the website that they are included - go to the configuration page, scroll down to Interior and click Features, and scroll the images all the way to the right - "Interior Floor Mats" is a bullet point under Comfort.
I was checking Tesla Model 3 page that shows comparisons between LR and RWD, and there floor mats are not included, while configuration page shows them!
Thank you for your informative answer, you helped me save some money. 😆

Mentioned the same thing myself. Twice the price for the MY compared to my ICE cars.

The RWD M3 is insurance group 48, the LR is 50 (the highest there is). I can't find a reference to the MY online yet, but suspect it's the same.

A 520d is group 32, so that more than explains the difference in insurance quotes.

Reactions: DIY-Trev
Picking up my RWD red today from bluewater… to say we’re excited is the biggest understatement. The day is finally here 🥳
That's brilliantly exciting, especially right on top of the weekend... Awesome!

For us STILL waiting for ous, please please do forward over some pics! Seeing you guys prevail is definitely keeping spirits up, and the anticipation / excitement levels way up there!

EDIT: Bluewater is where I'll be collecting mine. I regularly see the signs for Tesla around the back of the ringroad, but never gone for a snoop 😂 Most likely I'll test the supercharging there as well, in controlled conditions under the noses of the Tesla folks so if I screw something up it's legitimate newbe validity! Anyway I'll stop waffling... Enjoy the pickup, and above all, have some fun.

Reactions: MoSkeeto