Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Long time lurker and finally placed an order yesterday (M3 SR+, MSM, black interior and Aeros) via salary sacrifice. Been very helpful reading past contributions. Question I have is whether anyone that has ordered in last few weeks with August ETA have had earlier delivery dates confirmed? Curious whether it is even a possibility (outside of checking available inventory) or whether I should just sit tight and wait until Aug...
Thanks

I was told by other owners I'll be shafted and out to the back of the queue as I now have a funeral in delivery day. Finally managed to get the chat option and be reassured that I'll be a day or two at most alternatively I can pick up from the Trafford centre on the 26th providing I give a week's notice prior to delivery date. Crisis averted
See you there. I’m picking up from Trafford centre on 26th at 10.30 time slot. Blue M3 perf, black interior. NHS salary sacrifice lease scheme as I’m a community children’s nurse. Order was placed by my lease company 5 feb. For me personally this has been smoother than when I picked up my current ICE car.

Hi all,

Long time lurker and finally placed an order yesterday (M3 SR+, MSM, black interior and Aeros) via salary sacrifice. Been very helpful reading past contributions. Question I have is whether anyone that has ordered in last few weeks with August ETA have had earlier delivery dates confirmed? Curious whether it is even a possibility (outside of checking available inventory) or whether I should just sit tight and wait until Aug...
Thanks
It will very much depend on if your leaseco has actually ordered the car yesterday, as the dates have now slipped to 2023 I can see above

Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 14.07.30.png

Invoice paid and registration received. Now sorting out the insurance. 15th March can't come soon enough!

Timeline so far:

2nd December 2021 - Placed order for M3/RWD/MSM/Black/19”/EAP with estimated delivery date March 2022
3rd February 2022 - VIN in source code and estimated delivery date changed from March 2022 to 2nd March to 16th March 2022
8th February 2022 - SMS delivery notification to say it was on its way
16th February 2022 - SMS notification to schedule collection
21st February 2022 - Final invoice received and payment requested
1st March 2022 - Registration received
4th March 2022 - Final invoice paid and status changed to Prepare for Delivery
15th March 2022 - Scheduled collection

Hey guys, been lurking for a while since the random change of dates to May - June.

I've ordered a M3 LR - black ex and black interior with aero wheels back on January 23rd.

Managed to speak to Paige, she said to keep checking inventory.

Missed out on the cars yesterday and spoke to Craig. I asked why cars go to "up for grabs page" while people have existing orders. He explained that some cars go to existing orders and some go on the page.

So I'm currently in the violin 🎻 club. Hi! Lol

I definitely think Craig is new, that's clearly been the way they allocate cars for a long time but I think he's the first one to admit it rather than saying that the inventory cars are stock over and above existing orders as we've all been told in the past.

I'm in a similar position to you, same spec and suddenly bumped to May/June so it's a bit frustrating to see that suitable cars are passing though inventory without being assigned.

On the flip side I'm not in a hurry and if I'm lucky one or two of the rumoured improvements that haven't arrived in Q1 might turn up in Q2.

With 11 days to go I got the final invoice, reg number and VIN. 🤗
Sent £1 to test the payment process. It got there but my bank couldn't verify the account name, as Citibank are not in the loop. ;)
Switched insurers, but still paying twice as much as last year (for 7-year-old car) :(
Hopefully, all will go to plan on the day. :)

I definitely think Craig is new, that's clearly been the way they allocate cars for a long time but I think he's the first one to admit it rather than saying that the inventory cars are stock over and above existing orders as we've all been told in the past.

I'm in a similar position to you, same spec and suddenly bumped to May/June so it's a bit frustrating to see that suitable cars are passing though inventory without being assigned.

On the flip side I'm not in a hurry and if I'm lucky one or two of the rumoured improvements that haven't arrived in Q1 might turn up in Q2.
Yeah very frustrating. What makes it worse is I joined the telegram group and there were 5 that got listed on that page with the same spec we are waiting for.

What I'm worried about is the 60 day limit on my car valuation. I'm buying the car on PCP and currently Tesla owe me £3k as the trade in was possitive against my deposit. So I feel I've been pushed back to the queue.

To make things worse my current insurance and car tax is due April.

But fingers crossed that good things come to those that wait!

The RWD M3 is insurance group 48, the LR is 50 (the highest there is). I can't find a reference to the MY online yet, but suspect it's the same.

A 520d is group 32, so that more than explains the difference in insurance quotes.
I tried the whole list of comparison sites and Direct Line suggested on Money Saving Expert. Ended up paying £440 to Saga, slightly more than renewal with Quote Me Happy (Aviva) but they wanted a £500 excess on top of the normal one. About twice last year's premium which was to drop to £194 on renewal end March.

See you there. I’m picking up from Trafford centre on 26th at 10.30 time slot. Blue M3 perf, black interior. NHS salary sacrifice lease scheme as I’m a community children’s nurse. Order was placed by my lease company 5 feb. For me personally this has been smoother than when I picked up my current ICE car.
Had a text for delivery dates between the 25th and 31st march and secured delivery on the 26th. Quite a lot of scaremongering but cannot fault the process for me personally given I ordered 25th January