Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's impressive! Great work. I ordered the exact same spec on the 2nd of Feb and mine went from March to 22nd-31st March...then I joined the SVC when it jumped to May/June.

As I'm already an existing M3 owner i'm not too fussed about the delay, but it would be nice to see the deal over the line sooner rather than later.
So frustrating though. What's the logic? Why would I be getting the car before you?

Maybe my car was destined for Belfast anyway and someone cancelled?

I guess when the deposit is only £100, people will regularly be canceling which in turn frees up cars for other orders. Would love to know the conversion rate of people who pay the deposit to people who actually follow through and drive away.

(I'm currently in a Zoe, so in much more need of it than you 😂)

Reactions: TM3PTN
Anyone managed to get insurance before collection day? We are collecting our model Y in a few weeks time, but we are worried that if we try to get insurance on the day it will cost a lot more than if we try to get it before we collect.

Problem is insurance will need the Reg/license plate.....
Also looking into GAP insurance.
I called direct line. They sorted it out manually as the reg won’t be with DVLA yet. They were cheapest too.

Waiting to collect a new Model Y in Birmingham. When I check account status, delivery date is listed but not location. Is this normal?
86A28AA9-9E51-4241-A3BF-94C472F7947F.jpeg

Full explanation for my searching, gladly not now an issue.

1. Google chrome on laptop/PC

2. Open you account page at Tesla.com

3. In Dashboard click "manage" next to the icon of your car

4. Move pointer to open space on page and press "Ctrl + U" to bring up your source page

5. Move pointer to open space and press "Ctrl + F", this opens the search bar.

6. Type "LRW" into the search bar, it will indicate if there are any hits. If it says 0/0, try later.

7. Get extremely frustrated for a few days/weeks/months until you find you VIN😂🤣

It may be different on other browsers, and there may be shortcuts, but this is what I did until the magical LRW3F7FS3NC499*** appeared!
You're my hero. VIN is in there. Now I can sort out insurance. Cheers!!

Reactions: Cantonalegod
Still debating wether to spend 150 on the keyfob or not. Also i am so used to headsup display and instrument cluster that i might miss the speedometer so i am ordering this from amazon. I am thinking of installing it somewhere in my line of vision.

Aceshop Auto Car HUD Head Up Display KMH & MPH Digital GPS Smart Speedometer with OverSpeed Alarm Fatigue Driving Warning, Navigation Compass, 2.4'' LCD Screen, USB Plug & Play, for All Vehicle Aceshop Auto Car HUD Head Up Display KMH & MPH Digital GPS Smart Speedometer with OverSpeed Alarm Fatigue Driving Warning, Navigation Compass, 2.4'' LCD Screen, USB Plug & Play, for All Vehicle : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

I can't understand the need for a key fob TBH. You'll be walking up to the car with your phone in your pocket and it'll open automatically and move all seat, etc to your position. On the odd chance the phone is dead or whatever, wave the credit card sized 'key' at the door pillar and you're in.
Why would you want to pay £150 for a key fob to lay in the bedside drawer?

How long does it take for bank transfer payments to clear. I sent £5 this morning and it hasnt shown up. Cautious to try big amounts until a test payment is confirmed

If you forget to place your RN number in reference field of your wire transfer or if you put anything more than just RN number, the transfer goes into a bermuda triangle and takes weeks to find. The payments are received in the Treasury of Tesla Motors in Amsterdam by automated system and it looks for a plain and simple RN number in the ref field in order to allocate the payment to the correct RN. If RN missing or if more information is volunteered by customer in the Ref field, it ignores payment and moves on to next payment received. That's when you have to call in and beg someone to reach out to treasury and have them manually search for the payment. They hate doing it and drag their feet

If you forget to place your RN number in reference field of your wire transfer or if you put anything more than just RN number, the transfer goes into a bermuda triangle and takes weeks to find. The payments are received in the Treasury of Tesla Motors in Amsterdam by automated system and it looks for a plain and simple RN number in the ref field in order to allocate the payment to the correct RN. If RN missing or if more information is volunteered by customer in the Ref field, it ignores payment and moves on to next payment received. That's when you have to call in and beg someone to reach out to treasury and have them manually search for the payment. They hate doing it and drag their feet
Been cleared now ,phew, thanks for the info. Just took longer than expected (same day though)...reg still not assigned

Just a little update on my order journey (m3 rwd/msm/black/aero)..

Test drove on 1 Mar
Placed order on 2 Mar with estimated date Aug
On 3 Mar estimated date changed to 22 May - 19 Jun
On 6 Mar submitted and being accepted for tesla loan, straight away date changed to 5 May - 6 Jun

Refreshed order page all day today to try get to chat and try my luck for a match, but chat icon never popped up. So asked my wife to call Tesla to try our luck there, and I logged in to get the order number for her. And guess what.. delivery date changed to now 7 Mar - 15 Mar!!! I even have a VIN in source code!

So excited but so unexpected at the same time, such a short period so much going on!

So frustrating though. What's the logic? Why would I be getting the car before you?

Maybe my car was destined for Belfast anyway and someone cancelled?

I guess when the deposit is only £100, people will regularly be canceling which in turn frees up cars for other orders. Would love to know the conversion rate of people who pay the deposit to people who actually follow through and drive away.

(I'm currently in a Zoe, so in much more need of it than you 😂)
Yeah you'll get yours before me - I highly doubt i'll get mine before the end of May 😄

There could be a plethora of reasons why there is so much chop and change and I can completely understand why Tesla newbies are getting frustrated when their dates are being pushed around - human nature is always looking to find logic, but with Tesla there rarely is any 😂

Re. the deposit piece - that's true, and especially when you can have the deposit refunded by quoting distance selling laws. It's a no-lose situation.

Fun times 😄

Reactions: SG22
I can't understand the need for a key fob TBH. You'll be walking up to the car with your phone in your pocket and it'll open automatically and move all seat, etc to your position. On the odd chance the phone is dead or whatever, wave the credit card sized 'key' at the door pillar and you're in.
Why would you want to pay £150 for a key fob to lay in the bedside drawer?

unlock the charge port almost as easily as the button on the supercharger handle. Almost the only reason making me consider one. Although the ios widget just about good enough.

yes, first world problems

Reactions: SG22
Well, this is alarming information for me. My delivery date is the 26th March - I'm financing with Halifax and I'm led to believe when transferring the cash they will only allow the car's registration number to be used as the bank reference, plus won't transfer until the week before delivery. Not quite sure what to do. I predict some awkward phonecalls to Tesla 😬