Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't understand the need for a key fob TBH. You'll be walking up to the car with your phone in your pocket and it'll open automatically and move all seat, etc to your position. On the odd chance the phone is dead or whatever, wave the credit card sized 'key' at the door pillar and you're in.
Why would you want to pay £150 for a key fob to lay in the bedside drawer?
Even if your phone is dead you can hold it to the pillar and use NFC just like the keycard.

Reactions: Petetheroadie
You can get quotes on comparison sites without reg no, you just put make/model in. According to MSE 23 days before start/renewal date is best time to do it. MSE suggests going through several comparison sites and then Direct Line. I found my M3 rather expensive to insure compared to my BMW 5 series.
Direct line is almost £300 more than Comparison, and then they wouldn't price match....
Anyone tried the Insurance by Miles ?

Well, this is alarming information for me. My delivery date is the 26th March - I'm financing with Halifax and I'm led to believe when transferring the cash they will only allow the car's registration number to be used as the bank reference, plus won't transfer until the week before delivery. Not quite sure what to do. I predict some awkward phonecalls to Tesla 😬
Extract from my Final Invoice - specifically asks for the RN number

1646695623132.png

Reactions: Snowy77
Well, this is alarming information for me. My delivery date is the 26th March - I'm financing with Halifax and I'm led to believe when transferring the cash they will only allow the car's registration number to be used as the bank reference, plus won't transfer until the week before delivery. Not quite sure what to do. I predict some awkward phonecalls to Tesla 😬

Dont worry, who ever placed the order for the vehicle (assuming it was you) will have received the RN number for the order. That's the reference that will be placed on the payment. If the finance company placed order than they will have the RN number. Simply ask them for it. Either way, once you receive the instruction from Tesla for payment, use the RN number as reference for payment. Bank can not mandate the reference for the payment, its your payment, you instruct the bank to use what ever reference you wish to attach to the payment. Do not include any other information on reference other than RN number. If you place both RN number and registration, the payment will takes ages to be allocated to your vehicle, lots of hair pulling to get them to find your payment which will then need to be done manually

Dont worry, who ever placed the order for the vehicle (assuming it was you) will have received the RN number for the order. That's the reference that will be placed on the payment. If the finance company placed order than they will have the RN number. Simply ask them for it. Either way, once you receive the instruction from Tesla for payment, use the RN number as reference for payment. Bank can not mandate the reference for the payment, its your payment, you instruct the bank to use what ever reference you wish to attach to the payment. Do not include any other information on reference other than RN number. If you place both RN number and registration, the payment will takes ages to be allocated to your vehicle, lots of hair pulling to get them to find your payment which will then need to be done manually
Ah sorry I think I explained my situation poorly.

I placed the order myself, have my RN number and final invoice.

But I am using Halifax’s PCP product (the financial numbers work slightly better than Teslas PCP) - Halifax finance’s portion of the payment is sent directly by them. I basically provide them with Tesla’s bank account details.

I spoke with Tesla on it last week and as Halifax aren't an approved Tesla finance partner they advised that this be treated as a cash transaction ditectly invoiced to me. I suppose all Tesla really care about is the balance being paid off.

My worry is that when reading previous experiences of Halifax PCP ive seen it mentioned that they send the payment to the dealer using the registration number as reference, no more than a few days before delivery - from what I read they wont budge on this. Probably worth me calling and asking though. Would hate for this all to fall through over a reference number and not being able to find a payment in time 😂

Attachments

• C3FEAF55-0C0B-4A7D-B436-8F7C03AD2BC6.jpeg
    C3FEAF55-0C0B-4A7D-B436-8F7C03AD2BC6.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
New here and recently ordered the below as a company car through my fleet provider:

Long range
Aero wheels
Black interior
Midnight silver metallic

Really excited, have come from a 330e so excited to make the move to fully electric. I’ll admit I’ve never sat in or drive a Tesla and won’t be doing so till collection day.

So far:

Order placed 01/03 (by fleet company)
Text received 03/03 - contains RN number

Few questions if I may:

I’m unable to track using my email and RN - is this because it’s a fleet car and any ideas how I can get this to work?

I haven’t got an expected delivery date, appreciate it’s a bit pie in the sky but any ideas re an ETA?

Thanks!

Direct line is almost £300 more than Comparison, and then they wouldn't price match....
Anyone tried the Insurance by Miles ?

Depends on how many miles one drives per year and age, as an example, someone aged 62 driving 4000 miles only will get a premium of 750 per year which is very high! Assume that someone 45 and driving 10,000 miles a year will have a much higher premium

Ah sorry I think I explained my situation poorly.

I placed the order myself, have my RN number and final invoice.

But I am using Halifax’s PCP product (the financial numbers work slightly better than Teslas PCP) - Halifax finance’s portion of the payment is sent directly by them. I basically provide them with Tesla’s bank account details.

I spoke with Tesla on it last week and as Halifax aren't an approved Tesla finance partner they advised that this be treated as a cash transaction ditectly invoiced to me. I suppose all Tesla really care about is the balance being paid off.

My worry is that when reading previous experiences of Halifax PCP ive seen it mentioned that they send the payment to the dealer using the registration number as reference, no more than a few days before delivery - from what I read they wont budge on this. Probably worth me calling and asking though. Would hate for this all to fall through over a reference number and not being able to find a payment in time 😂

Halifax is asking for the Registration number and you provide them the registration number. This has nothing to do with the Reference to be included with the wire transfer from Halifax to Tesla for payment. You instruct Halifax to enter your RN number on the "Reference line" of their wire transfer to Tesla