Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 Week Update
  • Model 3 Long Range / Midnight Silver / Black / Aeros ordered on 17th February via Tesla website, elected to pay via Business Contract Hire with ALD.
  • Finance Application submitted on Tuesday 22nd Feb, appears to have been accepted. ALD portal now states - "Tesla Motors Limited (Tesla) will progress your vehicle order and ALD Automotive (us/we) will prepare your finance agreement."
  • Wednesday 23rd, got excited and watched 10 hours of Tesla videos on YouTube. EDD moved to April May o_O.
  • Spoke with Paige @ Tesla via chat bubble on Friday 25th, she confirmed I had done all I needed to do at this stage. Couldn't find a match for me. Wouldn't accept a bribe, very professional. EDD back to May/June
  • Week commencing 28th March, EDD went up from May/June, to July/August. Joined the small violin club. Spent 4 hours looking at Marine Traffic for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
  • Week commencing 7th March, still haven't heard anything from Tesla/ALD. Threw toys out of pram a bit, went to Audi to test drive Audi E-Tron, didn't like it. Came home watched more Tesla YouTube videos. DM'd Elon a sob story on Twitter, he's not replied.
  • 8th March, EDD moved back to June/July. Put my small violin away, got medium sized violin out.
  • 9th March, broke my previous PB of checking source code. L, R and W buttons are starting to wear out on my Macbook.
  • 10th March, enlightenment. Came to realisation that it really doesn't matter when my car is going to arrive, far worse things going on in the world. Plus I've only been waiting 3 weeks.
Absolutely marvellous seeing other forum members picking up their new wheels though, I have to say. Pleased for you all.

@Cappo11

I feel ya. I got moved from March 21 - March 31, to May 07 - June 04.

I accepted fate and it's been a great journey with these guys here. Thoroughly love the updates and pics, and general banter as time passes. Couldn't ask for a more helpful and all round wonderful community.

We should see a stirr of new shipments coming out of Shanghai in a few weeks time, then get a distraction from idle waiting tracking these boats for a few weeks to Southampton. This will help pad out those communication gaps from Tesla, and hopefully by then, anyone already on the waiting list will get their source code VINs and it's happy days! The ultimate knowledge is; I had made up my mind back in July I was going to do it.. 8 months! I only have 6 or 7 weeks to go before I know what's going on, it's only one or two more pay days when you really look at it ! :D The little extra cash helps at the very least AND the car for you and I should still be here for the best of the summer still 🥰

It's all good. And as pointed out focus and hearts on the people of Ukraine at the moment. I think it humbly puts things into perspective.

👍

Reactions: JOL1 and SaltyMod3
Wonder when they started making those?

Well we'll see when GLOVIS SYMPHONY empties. Intersting if the whole batch has the new light cluster.

Makes no difference to the car though, i'm just curious!
Asked the husband to get in the car, drive it down the drive and reverse back up again so I could check the lights out (he tutted and shrugged his shoulders, but I could tell he secretly wanted to do it ;)😂). Can confirm mine also has the new lights, so it looks like yours will have too!

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
Asked the husband to get in the car, drive it down the drive and reverse back up again so I could check the lights out (he tutted and shrugged his shoulders, but I could tell he secretly wanted to do it ;)😂). Can confirm mine also has the new lights, so it looks like yours will have too!
Nice test! Thanks for sharing! That's really interesting to know. I genuinely keep forgetting to add the lights to the check list...

Hi, I posted further back a few pages with my story. Same spec but LR… order date and delays identical. On Monday I went to my local Tesla dealer and he searched new inventory (only 3 model 3’s)before being published widely and found my exact spec.

He allocated it to my RN and then I called up to book delivery.

In summary, on Monday this week my dates had moved out to June /July. A day later I had a car allocated, delivery booked and I collect this Saturday from Bluewater. Reg provided and car now insured. I’m good to go.

My recommendation is hassle the local dealer in person. On the phone they were not much help. Really payed to be persistent.
Crazy turn of events!

After your advice I went to Tesla Chiswick this morning (which is actually only an office, no sales etc). One of the girls told me she would take down my RN and contact someone about allocation sooner than July. On my walk back I called the call centre and they said that they could not match me over the phone and it has to be someone in a showroom/sales. But then as we were speaking he said you've just been matched!! He sent me my VIN and said reg would follow. Website has been updated asking me to sort final balance and delivery is between 17th Mach - 29 March. Crazy turn of events!! I have to thank you Danmaku, honestly so grateful!!!!! Recommend everyone else in my position to do the same.

One dilemma I have now is that the car they have matched me with is one with a Tow Hitch which is a £1300 option! So I need to pay for this extra. I am keeping the car for now but they said they were trying to see if they could match me with another vehicle without the tow but a different colour. Fingers crossed as I'd rather spend the extra on a colour than something I'm not going to use!

Beyond excited! Will keep people posted :)

Is there a list of all the things to check are included with current UK deliveries before driving off in the car?

USB pen
Charging Cable
Mats
Mudflaps
Etc.

I'm sure it's on here if someone could someone point me in the right direction please...
Didn't think the USB pen was with the car - so I bought a San Disk (256 GB), Mats - you get carpet ones so we got All weather ones.
Also got a screen protector for central screen, I think it comes with Mudflaps, and some Paint Protection Film (PPF).

Reactions: SG22
So, 24 hours on, still no sign of premium connectivity trial. How do I sign up to it?! I am a company car driver, I really hope that doesn’t affect me getting it
It took a while to come up for me too (personal not business). Is your Tesla app fully set up & working? I think the premium connectivity relies on that working first, which mine didn't for the first day.

Reactions: RH94LFC
So, 24 hours on, still no sign of premium connectivity trial. How do I sign up to it?! I am a company car driver, I really hope that doesn’t affect me getting it
60BA9982-CD2A-4E59-94DE-16C3AB8E8FA1.jpeg

And just like that, it appears

@Cappo11

I feel ya. I got moved from March 21 - March 31, to May 07 - June 04.

I accepted fate and it's been a great journey with these guys here. Thoroughly love the updates and pics, and general banter as time passes. Couldn't ask for a more helpful and all round wonderful community.

We should see a stirr of new shipments coming out of Shanghai in a few weeks time, then get a distraction from idle waiting tracking these boats for a few weeks to Southampton. This will help pad out those communication gaps from Tesla, and hopefully by then, anyone already on the waiting list will get their source code VINs and it's happy days! The ultimate knowledge is; I had made up my mind back in July I was going to do it.. 8 months! I only have 6 or 7 weeks to go before I know what's going on, it's only one or two more pay days when you really look at it ! :D The little extra cash helps at the very least AND the car for you and I should still be here for the best of the summer still 🥰

It's all good. And as pointed out focus and hearts on the people of Ukraine at the moment. I think it humbly puts things into perspective.

👍
Well said mate! The banter is great, yeah.

That's a crazy long time to wait, but at least you spent enough time deliberating on it to ensure you've made the right decision.

I do enjoy my current car (A5 Black Edition Plus) and I'm approaching it from a "this is the last ICE car I'll probably ever own" point of view; so trying to enjoy my final few months. Plus, regular trips to the petrol station gives me the opportunity to buy beers/gin enabling me to simultaneously drown my sorrows and track global shipping movements.

Reactions: Snowy77
Crazy turn of events!

After your advice I went to Tesla Chiswick this morning (which is actually only an office, no sales etc). One of the girls told me she would take down my RN and contact someone about allocation sooner than July. On my walk back I called the call centre and they said that they could not match me over the phone and it has to be someone in a showroom/sales. But then as we were speaking he said you've just been matched!! He sent me my VIN and said reg would follow. Website has been updated asking me to sort final balance and delivery is between 17th Mach - 29 March. Crazy turn of events!! I have to thank you Danmaku, honestly so grateful!!!!! Recommend everyone else in my position to do the same.

One dilemma I have now is that the car they have matched me with is one with a Tow Hitch which is a £1300 option! So I need to pay for this extra. I am keeping the car for now but they said they were trying to see if they could match me with another vehicle without the tow but a different colour. Fingers crossed as I'd rather spend the extra on a colour than something I'm not going to use!

Beyond excited! Will keep people posted :)
:cool::cool::cool: Most welcome mate. Really pleased for you!

• Love
Reactions: mrf71 and dilly28