Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine got delivered on Thursday and mines in black so shows the swirls and there are some quite bad ones to be honest so put I through as a service on the app and had this back from Tesla the same day!!!

Service so far seems pretty good

View attachment 779826
Do you have to take it to a Service Centre or do they send someone out?

Joined the AF22 club at Southampton this afternoon. The interior had a couple of minor scuffs, while the exterior had a small panel gap issue. There were some scratches or scuffs on the aeros but a light polish seemed to do the trick. 26% charge. Staff were very busy but very nice with it. Free Jaffa cakes in the frunk of a static Model Y was a bizarre but welcome touch. Would have loved a coffee but it was a Nespresso pod thing or similar; call us earnest but we don’t do pods for sustainability reasons.

This is our first Tesla and we’d test-driven only a M3 LR. Previous cars were a Leaf and a Volvo S90; an Ionic 5 will join the Tesla shortly. The drive home was always going to be interesting then, in terms of how we’d react to the new car. The ride was slightly firm over very poor surfaces for my tastes but acceptable-to-good on most roads. The cabin was quiet, with some tyre rumble but not to an intrusive degree. I’d say that the general airiness, simplicity and style of the cabin exceeded expectations. Performance on this humble RWD was really impressive; can’t imagine how we could need anything more than that but I guess it depends what you’re used to. Our young children loved it, which is the main thing of course. ‘Are you sure we’re allowed to keep it, Daddy?’…

Joined the AF22 club at Southampton this afternoon. The interior had a couple of minor scuffs, while the exterior had a small panel gap issue. There were some scratches or scuffs on the aeros but a light polish seemed to do the trick. 26% charge. Staff were very busy but very nice with it. Free Jaffa cakes in the frunk of a static Model Y was a bizarre but welcome touch. Would have loved a coffee but it was a Nespresso pod thing or similar; call us earnest but we don’t do pods for sustainability reasons.

This is our first Tesla and we’d test-driven only a M3 LR. Previous cars were a Leaf and a Volvo S90; an Ionic 5 will join the Tesla shortly. The drive home was always going to be interesting then, in terms of how we’d react to the new car. The ride was slightly firm over very poor surfaces for my tastes but acceptable-to-good on most roads. The cabin was quiet, with some tyre rumble but not to an intrusive degree. I’d say that the general airiness, simplicity and style of the cabin exceeded expectations. Performance on this humble RWD was really impressive; can’t imagine how we could need anything more than that but I guess it depends what you’re used to. Our young children loved it, which is the main thing of course. ‘Are you sure we’re allowed to keep it, Daddy?’…
What do you do about panel gaps - can they fix them or do you have to live with it or reject the car?

Anyone else in the WN22 club?

Going to be a long two weeks, especially now I have my charger installed and insurance sorted!

Great time to be joining the Tesla club with fuel costs and even the car costs shooting up. All I need now is my existing car to go up value in the next two weeks but I don’t think I will get that lucky.
Yes,
we collected from Portbury on Wednesday! 👍

Reactions: ChamonixClimbe
Thanks! I will have to do the same as soon as it shows up in my app. I’ve given it a proper clean but it needs paint correction.

View attachment 779863
Nice pic! Yes ours looked like it had been washed with a dirty rag, it’s booked in for paint correction and ceramic coating locally but we found a small dent on the passenger rear door!! So done the service things and waiting to hear, it’s a 2+ hour round trip for us to dartford Tesla so annoying!!

Arrived safe and sound. Love it!!!
CC4590E9-5A59-4AD8-A697-BB51C0428101.jpeg

- I have the RWD and wow, it is quick. If you're coming from a 2 or even 3l diesel BMW you will not be disappointed. Perfectly quick enough!
I'm into quick cars (have a mapped BMW M140i and a Caterham at the moment), it's not so much the acceleration of the Tesla I love, but more the fact that you can instantly get it by putting your foot down in *any* situation at any time, and you don't need a roar of engine noise and everyone then looks at you to see where the idiot is. In a 3L petrol BMW you need to change down, then floor it, then wait for the turbo to spool up, which can easily be 2 seconds after you decided you want to accelerate quickly, then you've got a straight 6 roaring out the exhaust. The Tesla is just instant and silent - I love it.

Did I read further up that it can take 24hrs for the app to start working with the car?

When I arrived to collect my car this morning it was tucked out of the way with the techs, who were doing a recall/check on the charging port. I think they said that it needed a software update to sync with the app, which I did when I got home and connected to wifi. It's all up-to-date now.

They then had to email me the acceptance, which I accepted before getting the keys. My account is totally out-of-sync, now showing expected delivery March 12 - 19. Almost as if they think I didn't collect it.

I'm also waiting for the premium connectivity to appear.

Last edited:
Might be of interest to other company car lease buyers....

- Ordered 26th Jan via LeaseCo
- RN number 27th Jan, estimated March fulfilment
- No order or anything to show I was waiting in the Tesla Account
- Waited patiently until end of Feb, called Tesla and they said May delivery :(
- Chased again to discover the LeaseCo had requested the May date
- More phone calls, discover the leaseCo batches orders up by ship estimated arrival date
- Got LeaseCo to release the 'hold', Tesla matched with inventory car same day
- VIN + Reg provided over next 48hrs
- Collected today from Portbury!
- They needed Driving Licence
- Car appeared in the mobile app 10 seconds after I accepted the delivery and signed
- I have the RWD and wow, it is quick. If you're coming from a 2 or even 3l diesel BMW you will not be disappointed. Perfectly quick enough!
Interesting that the lease company was holding it back. I can only deal with my broker at the moment, though they don’t seem to forthcoming with any updates.

Just a quick one for those who have done PCH, Tesla sent a SMS update on Thursday morning to tell me to check my finance docs that would be on my account later that day. Still not appeared. Is this normal, collecting the car on Tuesday?
I can only speak for myself, but mine appeared immediately and confirmed my end. Whole process from start to confirmation took about 2 minutes.