Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to dig out a torch to take with me as a backup.
There’s a exit/entrance to an outdoor section of car park adjacent to the reception desk and superchargers. It’s where the car transporters load up and there’s a corner for the rangers to address any issues.

My car was already out there when I arrived because they were carrying out a recall on the charging port.

51854542-8C73-4AED-8BDA-7751C1F323DA.jpeg

It gave me the opportunity to look over the car before I signed the Sale Declaration and Certificate of Examination document.

However you can still sign to get the keys and drive it outside to inspect it before you leave.

Others who were signing for their keys at the desk were seeing their cars immediately in the app to log any issues

Pickup day tomorrow! After ordering a white LR end of December (March estimate) then being hugely disappointed by delivery schedule slippage to May/June I managed to snag a black inventory order. Then another came up in white and I somehow managed to get that too. Time will tell if Tesla refund my other two deposits. Anyway, wouldn’t have managed it without the extremely useful posts on this forum about inventory and Telegram! Can’t wait to see my white LR with white interior, even though my newly acquired wife thinks that colour combo will look like a “pimp’s car”. Not sure what that makes her…

There is a registration team on hand able to do a reg change as long as a reg has not been digitally submitted to the DVLA after you sign on the tablet. To get this reversed takes a few working days. That’s why I took the easier option of calling my insurance company and getting my policy updated to the reg already on the car and already submitted to the DVLA

Pickup day tomorrow! After ordering a white LR end of December (March estimate) then being hugely disappointed by delivery schedule slippage to May/June I managed to snag a black inventory order. Then another came up in white and I somehow managed to get that too. Time will tell if Tesla refund my other two deposits. Anyway, wouldn’t have managed it without the extremely useful posts on this forum about inventory and Telegram! Can’t wait to see my white LR with white interior, even though my newly acquired wife thinks that colour combo will look like a “pimp’s car”. Not sure what that makes her…
Ha ha! Pics please please as I’m picking up my white/white on 23rd and I’ve no idea what it will look like 🤣

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
@Snowy77

https:// tesla-info.com/car/GB-LRW3274_8ce1059f136fab244693cb4217e39e72

Not sure if this tickles your taste buds. Believe it's same spec... 2022 model white with black and aeros.

Or have you decided to just wait it out?
Thanks sir!

Appreciate this hugely! I had a chat with a rep about these, and I think after an honest conversation I'm better off matching with an orphaned vehicle rather than re-order an inventory / ex demo for the higher prices. My pending order is still on the old price. They have promised me that if any matching opportunities come along from GLOVIS SYMPHONY or as it stands MORNING CARINA, they'll fix me up. I don't understand too much about it, only I'll be paying 56k instead of 52k for a car with EAP. None of the prices make sense and quickly confuses me.

In a couple of weeks, the first boat from Shanghai will be enroute to Southampton for the May pickups. Been told that if I sit tight I'll be in line for the first ones in (as I have been sitting in a queue since NOV and I'm way up on the list). In a couple of weeks I have my wallbox being installed, it'll not be the end of the world to wait it out now. Gives me another pay day to play with to. I'd be more frantic if I had a July or August date :D

Reactions: DanielSon
Thanks sir!

Appreciate this hugely! I had a chat with a rep about these, and I think after an honest conversation I'm better off matching with an orphaned vehicle rather than re-order an inventory / ex demo for the higher prices. My pending order is still on the old price. They have promised me that if any matching opportunities come along from GLOVIS SYMPHONY or as it stands MORNING CARINA, they'll fix me up. I don't understand too much about it, only I'll be paying 56k instead of 52k for a car with EAP. None of the prices make sense and quickly confuses me.

In a couple of weeks, the first boat from Shanghai will be enroute to Southampton for the May pickups. Been told that if I sit tight I'll be in line for the first ones in (as I have been sitting in a queue since NOV and I'm way up on the list). In a couple of weeks I have my wallbox being installed, it'll not be the end of the world to wait it out now. Gives me another pay day to play with to. I'd be more frantic if I had a July or August date :D

Believe it or not, you are actually MUCH better off getting a low mileage 2021 whether demo or used rather than a vehicle produced after Nov 25 going forward which are literally orphans! Please don't take my word for any of the above, do your research and come to your own conclusions. My findings were: The vehicles produced after Nov 25th (referred to as a 2022 model) lack in several areas that for me are quite serious. Tesla management have decided to keep it very much on the down and lo and hush hush. I received and have one of these damn vehicles produced after Nov 25, they do have a Lithioum Ion auxiliary battery yes, they have heated wipers yes BUT they are missing not only the Data-enabled USB hub (which for some isn't important) but also missing what Tesla has kept ultra-quiet (if you ask a Tesla Rep they have to tell you the truth), namely, the Steering Wheel Control Unit without which the vehicle can never ever be used in Full Self Driving model (Level 3) which although the firmware is yet to be released and can be a few months to a few years away at the end of the day Tesla have priced the vehicles have this control unit and now they are shipping the vehicles without it and have the audacity to have raised the price twice since removing these two items. If that wasn't enough, the High Voltage battery E5LD coming with productions after 25 Nov 2021 (previous E5D and E5CD) which were replaced due to shortage although provide a higher estimated WLTP Range by approx 3.9% (on the M3 LR equating to WLTP 14miles and real miles of 7miles) but due to the compatibility with the new electric motors, the acceleration is reduced! When you add to the mix the fact that the AMD Ryzen (which does not have an onboard GPU) which are now used as replacement for the Intel Atom CPU (which has an onboard GPU), the minuscule extra range is overshadowed by the power-hungry AMD Ryzen's external GPU. Reading below article from CNBC and watching below video may help making your own decision:

Steering Wheel Control Unit without which the vehicle can never ever be used in Full Self Driving model (Level 3)
I did not know this!
What's the implication here? Does it affect EAP or auto steer in any sense? or just the FSD? What happens if you later upgrade to FSD or Tesla miraculously perfect FSD, and the UK gov approve it? Do the cars simply not work with FSD?

Multi tasking / working atm, so don't have the opportunity to watch a video, will queue that up. Got this notification thing that pops up on screen whenever anyone adds thread content !! :) :)

Believe it or not, you are actually MUCH better off getting a low mileage 2021 whether demo or used rather than a vehicle produced after Nov 25 going forward which are literally orphans! Please don't take my word for any of the above, do your research and come to your own conclusions. My findings were: The vehicles produced after Nov 25th (referred to as a 2022 model) lack in several areas that for me are quite serious. Tesla management have decided to keep it very much on the down and lo and hush hush. I received and have one of these damn vehicles produced after Nov 25, they do have a Lithioum Ion auxiliary battery yes, they have heated wipers yes BUT they are missing not only the Data-enabled USB hub (which for some isn't important) but also missing what Tesla has kept ultra-quiet (if you ask a Tesla Rep they have to tell you the truth), namely, the Steering Wheel Control Unit without which the vehicle can never ever be used in Full Self Driving model (Level 3) which although the firmware is yet to be released and can be a few months to a few years away at the end of the day Tesla have priced the vehicles have this control unit and now they are shipping the vehicles without it and have the audacity to have raised the price twice since removing these two items. If that wasn't enough, the High Voltage battery E5LD coming with productions after 25 Nov 2021 (previous E5D and E5CD) which were replaced due to shortage although provide a higher estimated WLTP Range by approx 3.9% (on the M3 LR equating to WLTP 14miles and real miles of 7miles) but due to the compatibility with the new electric motors, the acceleration is reduced! When you add to the mix the fact that the AMD Ryzen (which does not have an onboard GPU) which are now used as replacement for the Intel Atom CPU (which has an onboard GPU), the minuscule extra range is overshadowed by the power-hungry AMD Ryzen's external GPU. Reading below article from CNBC and watching below video may help making your own decision:

Yep and still very happy with it thanks! 😄

Lets be honest, in UK no one is going to really be full self driving and if you are, will it be safe? Is it worth it?
Its more of a fad

Lets be honest, in UK no one is going to really be full self driving and if you are, will it be safe? Is it worth it?
Its more of a fad
As long as EAP is unaffected I'm ok. I read things and in my head it sounded like the steering computer or something had been removed. I only had half a brain on it, so the panic didn't quite have time to manifest.

FSD in the UK has got to be a long long way off yet. There's too many idiot drivers out there and too many fragile minds using crystal balls to forsee disasters untold.. with anything, let alone FSD on cars. Such is the Brit way. :(

Reactions: Cantonalegod
Its more of a fad
Plus it’s for being able to take your hand off the steering wheel during FSD. It’s going to be a long time before that’s allowed. Tesla will just retrofit if needed. Better than not being able to deliver cars which is what other manufacturers are having to do.

As long as EAP is unaffected I'm ok. I read things and in my head it sounded like the steering computer or something had been removed. I only had half a brain on it, so the panic didn't quite have time to manifest.

FSD in the UK has got to be a long long way off yet. There's too many idiot drivers out there and too many fragile minds using crystal balls to forsee disasters untold.. with anything, let alone FSD on cars. Such is the Brit way. :(

as I understand it, its the duplicate/backup system for redundancy that has been removed. So for EAP/AP its fine which doesn't need that. But if they want to get higher levels of proper autonomy they'll need redundant systems. Likely (if) this comes around they'll do a retrofit.

Honestly there are some aspects of FSD it would be smart for Tesla to leave out of default cars and just schedule a service visit if you spend the $12k for FSD - assuming they can be engineered as easily added

as I understand it, its the duplicate/backup system for redundancy that has been removed. So for EAP/AP its fine which doesn't need that. But if they want to get higher levels of proper autonomy they'll need redundant systems. Likely (if) this comes around they'll do a retrofit.

Honestly there are some aspects of FSD it would be smart for Tesla to leave out of default cars and just schedule a service visit if you spend the $12k for FSD - assuming they can be engineered as easily added
Most people will have replaced their Tesla's before a retrofit is announced

Reactions: iorgosg and Mrklaw
the High Voltage battery E5LD coming with productions after 25 Nov 2021 (previous E5D and E5CD) which were replaced due to shortage although provide a higher estimated WLTP Range by approx 3.9% (on the M3 LR equating to WLTP 14miles and real miles of 7miles) but due to the compatibility with the new electric motors, the acceleration is reduced!
This is a very confusing statement. Firstly the E5LD is not a battery - it's the 5L or 5/5C. The 5/5C is based on LG 2170 4.6Ah cells with 75kWh and the 5L has greater power density using 5.0Ah cells and providing 79kWh capacity. So the WLTP range cannot have been reduced from moving to a higher capacity battery.

As far as I know, none of the LR or P acceleration or power ratings have been reduced with the new electric motors. It's actually the opposite with the cat.3 3D6 drive unit. The RWD has a revised 0-60 time and lower power but this doesn't use the 5L or 5/5C batteries.
When you add to the mix the fact that the AMD Ryzen (which does not have an onboard GPU) which are now used as replacement for the Intel Atom CPU (which has an onboard GPU), the minuscule extra range is overshadowed by the power-hungry AMD Ryzen's external GPU.
The AMD Ryzen reduces the range by 1.6% on the LR and 1.4% on the P compared with the Atom. At worst a decrease of 6 miles of an unachievable number. I'm quite comfortable with my choice of AMD Ryzen.

Ryzen MCU range decrease.png

Last edited: