Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I’d pitch in my delivery experience. White RWD Black interio, Aero
  • 3/11 T-131 Days. Order through Lex as company car – speed of this depends on your fleet team
  • 16/11 T-123 Lex Confirmation text from Lex
  • 8/2 T-34 Tesla Your vehicle is on the way
  • 16/2 T-26 Tesla Your model 3 is due for delivery 12th March
  • 17/2 T-25 Tesla I had to rearrange delivery for Monday 14th March
  • 7/3 T-7 Tesla Delivery confirmation and link to videos
  • 8/3 T-6 Tesla VIN number & Reg number
  • 13/3 T-1 AnyVan Text delivery between 8:30-12:30
  • 14/3 T Anyvan Tracking text – vehicle arrived at 10:30 ish
Car delivered with 8 miles on the odometer and 197miles of range

1647257474536.png

1647257515891.png
1647257549570.png

Sadly the Skoda departs later this week

The plan now is, drive for a few days to scratch that itch…then Aero covers off, rear mud flaps and then run it up to our shed to give it a home ceramic coat with CQuartz…hoping to avoid a machine polish stage if the paint is ok….its a company car afterall.

I did not know this!
What's the implication here? Does it affect EAP or auto steer in any sense? or just the FSD? What happens if you later upgrade to FSD or Tesla miraculously perfect FSD, and the UK gov approve it? Do the cars simply not work with FSD?

Multi tasking / working atm, so don't have the opportunity to watch a video, will queue that up. Got this notification thing that pops up on screen whenever anyone adds thread content !! :) :)

It doesnt effect EAP or Autosteer or anything today, even the FSD currently available as its not Full FSD level 3 which has yet to be released, then approved. Only then Tesla have proposed they shall update/retrofit all the vehicles produced from 25 Nov onwards. I am sure there will be much hate mail, already see some coming one the subject which should be directed at the messenger for having read and researched the subject. It effects my car too. I am already in process of purchasing a low mileage Model 3 LR

Reactions: Snowy77
Lets be honest, in UK no one is going to really be full self driving and if you are, will it be safe? Is it worth it?
Its more of a fad

To be honest i dont trust it yet as it sits today but once improved and level 3 released shall make a decision then. The issue for me is Tesla have charged for it versus other manufacturers which not only honestly tell their customers what's missing but also issue a credit against the missing parts due to shortage versus Tesla who not only has deceivingly endeavoured to hide each and every shortcoming part to date, hence issuing zero credit and instead increases the price twice since then

It doesnt effect EAP or Autosteer or anything today, even the FSD currently available as its not Full FSD level 3 which has yet to be released, then approved. Only then Tesla have proposed they shall update/retrofit all the vehicles produced from 25 Nov onwards. I am sure there will be much hate mail, already see some coming one the subject which should be directed at the messenger for having read and researched the subject. It effects my car too. I am already in process of purchasing a low mileage Model 3 LR
Not at all, this information is super helpful and, is why we're here. These insights put everyone on the same page 👍

Appreciated for the heads up :)

This is a very confusing statement. Firstly the E5LD is not a battery - it's the 5L or 5/5C. The 5/5C is based on LG 2170 4.6Ah cells with 75kWh and the 5L has greater power density using 5.0Ah cells and providing 79kWh capacity. So the WLTP range cannot have been reduced from moving to a higher capacity battery.

As far as I know, none of the LR or P acceleration or power ratings have been reduced with the new electric motors. It's actually the opposite with the cat.3 3D6 drive unit. The RWD has a revised 0-60 time and lower power but this doesn't use the 5L or 5/5C batteries.

The AMD Ryzen reduces the range by 1.6% on the LR and 1.4% on the P compared with the Atom. At worst a decrease of 6 miles of an unachievable number. I'm quite comfortable with my choice of AMD Ryzen.

View attachment 780636
The Battery variant is clearly advised by Tesla and printed on the 5th line of each and every DVLA V5C Logbook

To be honest i dont trust it yet as it sits today but once improved and level 3 released shall make a decision then. The issue for me is Tesla have charged for it versus other manufacturers which not only honestly tell their customers what's missing but also issue a credit against the missing parts due to shortage versus Tesla who not only has deceivingly endeavoured to hide each and every shortcoming part to date, hence issuing zero credit and instead increases the price twice since then
The chip shortage is affecting a lot of car manufacturers, production has become a real problem. I think I prefer Tesla's approach in trying to keep production ramped up, at the expense of a part that can be retro-fitted later (probably much much later). Though, as you say, if this has affected FSD and requires a retrofit later on, then Tesla should've said something.

But it should be noted that there has been nothing official from Tesla on this yet. We only have an account from two anonymous Tesla employees, with highly speculative conclusions drawn. If they did make this decision, it wouldn't have been made lightly, as they know they are essentially postponing huge costs to themselves at a later date.

As per other posts above, I am also happy at a slight range decrease in exchange for the Ryzen chips. The new chips offer a significant performance upgrade. I think I'd definitely prefer to wait for a 2022 model.

Just wanted to provide some reassurance for anyone else who is alarmed by the swirl marks, cobwebs or holograms you may find in your paint after collection. I was pretty annoyed on Saturday when I got home to bright sunshine and saw this.

IMG_1289.jpeg

IMG_1288.jpeg

IMG_1292.jpeg

However, all I've done so far is wash thoroughly and wipe down with some instant detailing spray. It is already looking a lot better, albeit far from perfect. Previously the swirl marks jumped out at you but now you have to look for them. Many people would not even notice.

IMG_1319.jpeg

IMG_1320.jpeg

It's clearly been washed with a dirty cloth and without a great deal of care. There was also some kind of sticky residue on the paint which I think was making it look worse. I still don't have access to the app but will probably log some of the photos above as constructive feedback when I do. TBH I don't trust Tesla to improve it and there is too much risk of making things worse if it is rushed. So, I am going to take my time over it and do it myself.

Last edited:
Just wanted to provide some reassurance for anyone else who is alarmed by the swirl marks, cobwebs or holograms you may find in your paint after collection. I was pretty annoyed on Saturday when I got home to bright sunshine and saw this.

View attachment 780657
View attachment 780658
View attachment 780659

However, all I've done so far is wash thoroughly and wipe down with some instant detailing spray. It is already looking a lot better, albeit far from perfect. Previously the swirl marks jumped out at you but now you have to look for them.

View attachment 780661
View attachment 780663

It's clearly been washed with a dirty cloth and without a great deal of care. There was also some kind of sticky residue on the paint which I think was making it look worse. I still don't have access to the app but will probably log some of the photos above as constructive feedback when I do. TBH I don't trust Tesla to improve it and there is too much risk of making things worse if it is rushed. So, I am going to take my time over it and do it myself.
have you travelled more than 100 miles, you are entitled to get it repaired for free either via drop-off to service station or a mobile repair van will come to you

why would you risk it doing it yourself and not using an approved repairer?
its such a shame to see a bad handover, not such a Good Job (GJ) after all from Bluewater

have you travelled more than 100 miles, you are entitled to get it repaired for free either via drop-off to service station or a mobile repair van will come to you
Yes, because it was an 80+ mile drive home and I wasn't going to sit and look at it all weekend. My app / account is still showing that my car has not been delivered.

why would you risk it doing it yourself and not using an approved repairer?
Because in all probability they will run a rotary polisher over it and make it worse.

Picked up new model Y from Trafford Manchester today. Only ordered a couple months back, chose default everything on the assumption I'd get it quicker (pearl white paint, 19" wheels, black interior). Super easy, probably took 10 minutes including part-ex which I'd already agreed over the app (2xkeys, yes, v5c, yes - done). You pull into the Tesla car park (go through the cones), park up. Into the tent, queue for either collection or test-drive. No one in the queue, one chap being seen to at the collection desk. Quick 10 mins for the customer service rep to fill some stuff in on a computer, key cards handed over and off you go. I ddid a cursory look externally but realistically I'm not driving back to Manchester to get anything fixed anyway unless it's catastrophic. Paint and gaps look fine. Already have a M3 and it drives very similar but you're a bit higher. Happy customer. Only pita was having to call Tesla on Saturday for the number plate to get insured, they hadn't text me it and it wasn't on the delivery invoice(s).

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
I've had my final invoice today and as recommended by people on here I've sent a very small payment to check all is okay.

Where does this payment appear online and how long does it take to appear?
Mine took about an hour to appear on Friday. You should see it in the completed tasks section with a credit against the purchase price. I started with a small amount too as my bank didn’t recognise the Tesla account details when it did the usual checks, but the payment went through ok.

Reactions: Freds Dad
The chip shortage is affecting a lot of car manufacturers, production has become a real problem. I think I prefer Tesla's approach in trying to keep production ramped up, at the expense of a part that can be retro-fitted later (probably much much later). Though, as you say, if this has affected FSD and requires a retrofit later on, then Tesla should've said something.

But it should be noted that there has been nothing official from Tesla on this yet. We only have an account from two anonymous Tesla employees, with highly speculative conclusions drawn. If they did make this decision, it wouldn't have been made lightly, as they know they are essentially postponing huge costs to themselves at a later date.

As per other posts above, I am also happy at a slight range decrease in exchange for the Ryzen chips. The new chips offer a significant performance upgrade. I think I'd definitely prefer to wait for a 2022 model.
Oh dear.......perhaps we can subscribe for FSD for a month to verify if the car has all the parts it is supposed to have !!! - that will flush out any tricks Tesla could have played on us !!!!

Totally agree except for one speculative conclusion made. I currently have both an Intel and an AMD CPU fitter Model 3 LR, exact same specs otherwise and the performance of apps I use which are bandwidth-hungry, namely Netflix (films) and Spotify (music) in indicates zero difference in performance or display legginess what so ever. I do notice that the newer vehicle with the newer high voltage battery which supposedly is supposed to have a higher range has less range than the vehicle delivered on 23 Dec 2021

Oh dear.......perhaps we can subscribe for FSD for a month to verify if the car has all the parts it is supposed to have !!! - that will flush out any tricks Tesla could have played on us !!!!

Vehicle as equipped with the current missing Steering Control Unit for vehicles produced after 25th Nov (referred to as 22 vehicles) works perfectly fine with the existing version of FSD which is far from final. It will not work with a future version referred to as Level 3 which is currently not available

My current timeline for anyone thats wondering about timings for their own cars:

02/02/22 - Order
02/02/22 - RN provided
10/03/22 - VIN provided
11/03/22 - On its way text
14/03/22 - Schedule delivery

25/03/22 Collection Bluewater

M3 RWD/White/Black/Aero/Tow

Will let you know when I get a reg and final invoice etc.

Reactions: iorgosg