Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
US price has gone up again. LR is now $55,950 before tax. £43,000 before tax. Picking a random state like California there is 7.5% state tax and 2.5% local government tax making it £47,305. Only £4K difference now.

Really? £4K goes with the prefix adjective of "Only". You must be a multi millionaire. For the Most of us £4,000 is a boat load of savings or hard salary

You're probably right about the volume of cars, but you'd think the logistics of plugging a car in for 3/4 hours on a 7kW charger somewhere between the ship and dealership handover bay isn't the most complex task when they are asking a customer to hand over at least £44k. It just feels shoddy.

I guess I'm just used to being treated as a customer rather than a number. But hey they don't need my advice. Their sales figures suggest the treat em mean keep em keen model is working for them.

29% is appalling though, If mine is that level I'll be complaining, even if it's to deaf ears.
Think about it - if they have 50 vehicles being collected in a day:

50 * 3 = 150 hours
Over 6 days so that means they need to use multiple chargers
Oh and they can't be swapping over which vehicle is charging when they aren't there which basically means you can change which vehicle is charging at the start of the day, middle of the day and end of day so that means you need even more chargers.
So to put 50 vehicles on to charge for 3 hours in a single day would require 17 chargers.

Reactions: QuanTim
Ordered a M3 LR midnight silver on 5th March, original EDD was November. Then it was moved forward to Jun 11-Jul 09. Today, it's gone back to November 😂 My current car (BMW i3) doesn't finish its PCP until the end of the year, so I'm okay with that. Who am I kidding - November?!😭
And now my EDD is back to Jun 11-Jul 09. I think Tesla just enjoy torturing us.

Reactions: JCub93 and Snowy77
Hi all,
How soon after Tesla confirmation of order text (RN number) do folks receive their estimated delivery window? My timeline below

Ordered 3 March (via Tusker)
Tesla text and RN 8 March

I've had nothing since the above so I'm going by the Tesla website estimate of Nov delivery. But I can see from some members that they are quoting specific estimated timeframes.

Appreciate any insights.

Mine was ordered on 14-02-22 as a company lease through Arnold Clark and RN received on 24-02-22. I'm a couple of weeks and haven't heard a peep so don't expect too much for a while.

IMG_20220315_141730.jpg
First charge. Only 18% on collection. No issues do far except trying to put wrong charger thing in. Looks nice can't see any dents etc yet! 😀

View attachment 781231First charge. Only 18% on collection. No issues do far except trying to put wrong charger thing in. Looks nice can't see any dents etc yet! 😀
Nice photo!! Bluewater!
Great that the charge points are right there. 18% is a shamefully low... Who am I kidding, like I'd care picking up such a beaut! How long did you charge for?

Hi all,
How soon after Tesla confirmation of order text (RN number) do folks receive their estimated delivery window? My timeline below

Ordered 3 March (via Tusker)
Tesla text and RN 8 March

I've had nothing since the above so I'm going by the Tesla website estimate of Nov delivery. But I can see from some members that they are quoting specific estimated timeframes.

Appreciate any insights.
So me and my mate ordered from Tusker via work - mine M3 RWD white/white, Aeros, his the same but black interior. I ordered 15/2, his two days later. On 1/3 I get a text saying please confirm pick up date of 23/3! My mate gets nothing. I chat with Craig on the website a few days ago and get my ref plate number. Mate still has nothing but is given a date of November!
Is the difference the white interior!?!

Hmm just received a text saying my MY is due to be delivered on friday and I'll get an sms with the tracking link once my car has been collected by the carrier - how long after is this sent? Just wondering as its less than 5 miles from my house to Southampton docks (its being delivered because its a fleet car, I'd asked if I could collect and got told nope).
Usually the tracking SMS is sent out on the day. I had to wait to mid-afternoon to get mine. You basically get it as they are on the way.

So me and my mate ordered from Tusker via work - mine M3 RWD white/white, Aeros, his the same but black interior. I ordered 15/2, his two days later. On 1/3 I get a text saying please confirm pick up date of 23/3! My mate gets nothing. I chat with Craig on the website a few days ago and get my ref plate number. Mate still has nothing but is given a date of November!
Is the difference the white interior!?!
There is an element of luck. The more unusual your order, the fewer people in front of you waiting. If someone rejects their car, doesn't decide to purchase, or similar then you're more likely to be next in line. OTOH if your unusual order fails PDI, you might need to wait a quarter for another.

Reactions: SaltyMod3
Collected my RWD/MSM/Black/19"/EAP today. Arrived an hour earlier than our allocated time of 2pm at Portbury, Bristol. It was 100% SoC upon inspection, they said it arrived with 14% charge so took it to a Supercharger and put £17.44 on it to get it to 100%. Was advised to charge to 100% regularly and discharge it to as low as I can, around 20%, before charging back up to 100%. One interesting thing to note, the Tesla Advisor only asked us to sign for it after we had inspected the car, it was at that point once signed, I could access the car via the app. Noticed some people here have to sign straight away, I guess it's because we were the only customer collecting at the time.

Anyway photos...

Managed to get a lift in a Tesla S on the way there :D
IMG_9634.jpg

Cabin is operational but looks like it had already experienced some storm damage!
IMG_9635.jpg

IMG_9640.jpg

IMG_9641.jpg

IMG_9642.jpg

IMG_9644.jpg

A little bit of dirt inside from muddy boots, but apart from that okay. Some dried dirt remnants from the wash. Overall satisfied. However, found a couple of niggly issues. First is the panel alignment on one side is misaligned:
IMG_9639.jpg

Second is condensation in the rear lights. It was a lot worse, approximately 4cm x 3cm surface area when inspecting but dried out to the below by the time we arrived home 30 minutes later.
IMG_9646.jpg

I raised both issues with the Tesla Advisor. The panel alignment she said in a discouraging tone that this was normal because of the boot strut?! and other cars are like that (we had a peek at two others and she was right...), she said if I raised a request the Service Centre probably won't do anything about it. The condensation she said was because it had been sitting outside for a long time and would evaporate once we drove away.

Some advice please, do I raise a Service Centre request for the alignment? Going by people's experience on this it seems like I should. As for the condensation in the rear light, is that something I should just monitor over time? Also do you get a choice of a ranger or a Service Centre appointment, the former would be far more convenient. Also if a ranger were to come, are they able to carry out the repair if the car is parked on street? Or does it need to be on a driveway?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricecooker
Collected my RWD/MSM/Black/19"/EAP today. Arrived an hour early from our allocated time of 2pm at Portbury, Bristol. 100% SoC, they said it arrived with 14% charge so took it to a Supercharger and put £17.44 on it to get it to 100%. Was advised to charge to 100% regularly and discharge it to as low as I can, around 20% before charging back up to 100%. One interesting thing to note, she only asked us to sign for it after we had inspected the car, it was at that point once signed, I could access the car via the app.

Anyway photos...

Managed to get a lift in a Tesla S on the way there:
View attachment 781271

Cabin is operational but looks like it had already experienced some storm damage!
View attachment 781274
View attachment 781276
View attachment 781277
View attachment 781278
View attachment 781279

A little bit of dirt inside from muddy boots, but apart from that okay. Some dried dirt remnants from the wash. Overall satisfied. However, found a couple of niggly things. First is panel alignment on one side is misaligned:
View attachment 781269

Second is condensation in the rear lights. It was a lot worse about 4cm x 3cm surface area when inspecting but dried out to the below by the time we arrived home 30 minutes later.
View attachment 781270

I raised both issues with the Tesla Advisor. The panel alignment she said in a discouraging tone that this was normal because of the boot strut?! and other cars are like that (we had a peek at two others and she was right...), she said if I raised a request the Service Centre probably won't do anything about it. The condensation she said was because it had been sitting outside for a long time and would evaporate once we drove away.

Some advice please, do I raise a Service Centre request for the alignment? Going by people's experience on this it seems like I should. As for the condensation in the rear light, is that something I should just monitor over time? Also do you get a choice of a ranger or a Service Centre appointment, the former would be far more convenient. Also if a ranger were to come, are they able to carry out the repair if the car is parked on street? Or does it need to be on a driveway?
Caused me to go and take a peek at mine to check (M3 RWD collected last week - VIN ends 4999xx). I had some condensation in right rear cluster but it dried out within the first day and has not reappeared yet. My boot alignment looks fine so I think I would ask for that to be adjusted.

IMG_0887.jpg

Another update on my MY delivery woes.

A week on from the delivery 'no show' there is still no definitive response or reason from Tesla.

Unfortunately I have to say that the customer service has been shocking; they have not pro actively reached out since the initial text message the night before where they merely told us it 'failed the pre-delivery inspection' and the lease company (Riverdale) are no longer returning my calls.

I believe myself to fairly easy going, I am not looking for an immediate solution, I am aware things happen yet promising to 'get back to me' then radio silence each time is not good expectation management.

Frustrated at the continued silence today I rang the call centre for the 4th time. This time rather than the standard 'that is terrible, someone will ring you back today' I got the dreaded news that they are going to match us to a new vehicle. No reason as to why.

They 'hope' it might happen for end of March, yet failing that it could be into the next quarter (maybe I will get a parcel shelf???) yet can not say when they will know for sure.

Having sold my BMW based on their delivery texts, such a long wait is concerning.

I am not overly annoyed that something (who knows what) happened or even that there is a delay (though without a car for weeks/months will be tough); I am annoyed that no one has phoned me to explain what happened and how it will be solved.

Really not a great start from Tesla or my first ever experience of leasing.

I really want to love Tesla but they are currently making it very hard for me to do so :(

Last edited: