Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aren't there two main things at play here?

1. A semi-conductor shortage (chips) caused by surging demand and factory closures. This has affected all industries, not just car manufacturers. It seems everything needs a chip nowadays as the world goes super-digital and connected, from toasters to washing machines. Covid massively increased demand for digital devices as we worked from home, while also introducing logistical problems.

As the car industry undergoes its shift from petrol to electric, multiple chips are needed for each car. This could explain why Tesla (reportedly) made the decision to remove a redundant part, because it was consuming chip resources that were not needed until FSD becomes viable. It may mean we could see more car makers re-evaluate just how many chips they are using. I had my eye on the Nissan Ariya before deciding to buy a Tesla, but delays of over a year has probably meant they have lost of a lot of sales.

2. Raw material shortage - companies likes Tesla rely heavily on Russia for metals like aluminium (paint) and nickel (batteries). Now they are having to find new supply chains as businesses cut ties with Russia, often at much more expensive prices. These prices are being passed onto the consumer.

Rising fuel prices are compounding the issue, causing many to consider the move from petrol to electric vehicle. Then we have the typical supply-demand problem, which 101 economics tells us only one thing will happen - more price rises. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw many more price hikes from Tesla.

One thing is for sure, the cost of living is getting out of control now.
"because it was consuming chip resources that were not needed until FSD becomes viable."

That is Tesla's justification why they decided against informing their customers for this one part that leaked. What about the also leaked Data-enabled USB-C ports deleted/missing which Tesla decided to discontinue altogether, didn't inform its customers of the change and the fact that they are retrofitting with the older Charge-only USB-C ports and which they do not intend to retrofit and their response is it is what it is, take it or leave it. What about other parts which have yet to leak and Tesla's modus-operandi to date is not to tell its customer they've deleted it?

"because it was consuming chip resources that were not needed until FSD becomes viable."
That is Tesla's justification why they decided against informing their customers for this one part that leaked. What about the also leaked Data-enabled USB-C ports deleted/missing which Tesla decided to discontinue altogether, didn't inform its customers of the change and the fact that they are retrofitting with the older Charge-only USB-C ports and which they do not intend to retrofit and their response is it is what it is, take it or leave it. What about other parts which have yet to leak and Tesla's modus-operandi to date is not to tell its customer they've deleted it?
Yeah, that is worrying. I’m not completely up to date on the USB-C port issue, I’m aware that some have been delivered without ports, and that wireless charging is also affected on some cars. Has this affected anyone receiving their cars recently on this forum? I’d be pretty unhappy to lose these two features.

One thing that confuses me a little is the longer range on the M3 LR 2022. I understand the range change for the RWD, as they are now using different batteries, but what's changed in the LR 2022 model vs 2021? The WLPT has gone up from 360 to 389 with Aero wheels. Is this just a case of some arbitrary number plucked from WLPT testing, or has there been physical changes to the car? One of the reasons I was holding out for a 2022 model was due to the additional range (though I know the 29 extra miles only translates to 10-15 miles in the real world).

Glovis Symphony is almost in Southampton Docks! One more hour of her journey and some of our cars will be on home soil!! So exciting! Been following the ship obsessively for the last week! Just seen that Snowy has been following her since the beginning! Congrats to whoever else has their car onboard, the countdown starts now! It’s coming home!! 😂
I've also been following it for the last week or so and I believe that mine is onboard.
Just 12 days before collection in Manchester.

Anyone has experience with trading car to Tesla and whole process? I have decided to trade my current car Skoda with Tesla and when I had quote 2 weeks ago I have submitted car mileage as 7200. Since then I did 300 miles and I'm collecting car on 29th (13 days to go or 12 days till Tesla Eve 😂)so very likely will add another 200-300miles. Will Tesla be accepting my car with more mileage for same quoted price or is there chance that they might drop my final price down a bit? Maybe I'm just overthinking it a bit and I guess Tesla is not expecting me stop driving my car for a month to stick to same mileage as quoted at the time.
You get an1250 monthly milage limit on your car before it gets traded in but like most have said I don't think they check much.

Reactions: JanF1
One thing that confuses me a little is the longer range on the M3 LR 2022. I understand the range change for the RWD, as they are now using different batteries, but what's changed in the LR 2022 model vs 2021? The WLPT has gone up from 360 to 389 with Aero wheels. Is this just a case of some arbitrary number plucked from WLPT testing, or has there been physical changes to the car? One of the reasons I was holding out for a 2022 model was due to the additional range (though I know the 29 extra miles only translates to 10-15 miles in the real world).
It wasn't a 2022 change as it happened during Q4 2021, but the LR now has a 79 kWh battery which has given it the extra range.

It's not a range jump from 360 to 389 as Tesla didn't previously give an 18" wheel estimate. Officially the range has increase from 360 to 374 on 19" wheels (which is probably around 375 to 389 on 18" aero wheels).

Has this affected anyone receiving their cars recently on this forum? I’d be pretty unhappy to lose these two features.
The wireless charging is working in mine. I've got nothing to plug into the USB-C ports anyway, so the charge-only functionality is perfectly acceptable to me.

You can easily partition a SSD or flash drive to use the USB-A port in the glovebox, so that it appears as multiple USB drives for dash cam, music, boombox etc. USB for both TeslaCam and Music

Last edited:
Reactions: Betelgeused
Delivery day yesterday, brought it to my house for some reason. I don't work far from the showroom so could have easily collected it 🤷‍♂️

Ordered: 17th December
Confirmed by Tesla: 11th January
Vehicle on the way text: 8th February
Delivery date confirmed text: 15th February
Reg confirmed text: 10th March

Oh, and loving it.

20220316_185537.jpg

MrT3:

It wasn't a 2022 change as it happened during Q4 2021, but the LR now has a 79 kWh battery which has given it the extra range.

It's not a range jump from 360 to 389 as Tesla didn't previously give an 18" wheel estimate. Officially the range has increase from 360 to 374 on 19" wheels (which is probably around 375 to 389 on 18" aero wheels).
---

Q4 2021 there was a battery change and also Electric Motor type change, on one hand the replacement battery boosted range by 14 miles WLTP to 374 miles which Tesla UK did advertise and on another hand Tesla changed both front and rear Electric Motor types but decided not to advertise this as the combination of the new battery type and new Electric Motor types (front and rear) resulted in a reduced acceleration.

Tesla Europe until regulated by various government agencies in EU and UK will continue advertising WLTP estimated range which assists them when customers take delivery of vehicles with partial charge and once they charge to 100% realise the true charge is substantially lower and when approaching Tesla the predetermined talking point response is WLTP is just an estimate. In USA where such advertising is regulated, you will see on the Tesla USA site that they advertise the true range and not a falsely advertised estimated range. The WLTP estimated range can never ever be achieved hence its not an estimate

Delivery day yesterday, brought it to my house for some reason. I don't work far from the showroom so could have easily collected it 🤷‍♂️

Oh, and loving it.

View attachment 782017
Soooooo nice!! Congrats!

Reactions: Rocko
Delivery Day!

Except it isn't!

So everything was going so well, set delivery for today at Bristol at 1200.

1/2 hour before setting out I get an email from company called Smartsign, they run the e-signature thing for Tesla finance.

"We have experienced an error with the signature..." (which was done 2 days previously)

I emailed back, heard nothing, set off for Bristol which is an hour down the M5. Vile weather, fog, teeming down.

Get to the delivery carpark. Wait. Tesla lad confers with Megane, there's a problem with the contract, we're chasing it.

2 hours later, a new contract has to be sent from Amsterdam. Not happening today.

So I've seen the car, sat in the car, checked it over as much as I can in the rain.

Can't take it away.

Megane says they will sort it this afternoon and I can pick up tomorrow, we'll see. Megane did her best, not her fault.

Another hour home in the muck.

The whole Tesla buying experience is weird, this is just a bit more weirdness. I can't say I've enjoyed any of it, I hope the car makes it worthwhile.
Nightmare - Ive had similar!!! Hope you get sorted.

Long story but finally got some Success…..still a couple of small issues to sort, loads of hassle but all good in the end.
Ended up collecting the car, and had an enjoyable drive home last night.
Car is awesome.
Good luck to all those still waiting to collect.

Attachments

• 33702B3D-018A-486C-AD22-282FA62D914E.jpeg
    33702B3D-018A-486C-AD22-282FA62D914E.jpeg
    508.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 43824875-B1AA-44C0-A883-9BF48D8B015F.jpeg
    43824875-B1AA-44C0-A883-9BF48D8B015F.jpeg
    542.2 KB · Views: 48
  • FAF92395-541A-4601-905F-4F902B5CD134.jpeg
    FAF92395-541A-4601-905F-4F902B5CD134.jpeg
    624.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 138CECDD-5CB1-467C-9404-85509D7A32F1.jpeg
    138CECDD-5CB1-467C-9404-85509D7A32F1.jpeg
    541.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 839E89FB-E8B2-4F24-997D-2B55039A2A38.jpeg
    839E89FB-E8B2-4F24-997D-2B55039A2A38.jpeg
    554.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 277FBB19-FD49-4F0A-AAC2-CB4C748B30EB.jpeg
    277FBB19-FD49-4F0A-AAC2-CB4C748B30EB.jpeg
    432.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 06052AEE-1BB3-4FB8-A345-DF7B84BDD8B8.jpeg
    06052AEE-1BB3-4FB8-A345-DF7B84BDD8B8.jpeg
    434.2 KB · Views: 56

Oh, and loving it.

View attachment 782017
Lovely car - what spec did you get? I ordered a month after you so could be looking at the Tesla in a months time! (Crosses fingers)

Long story but finally got some Success…..still a couple of small issues to sort, loads of hassle but all good in the end.
Ended up collecting the car, and had an enjoyable drive home last night.
Car is awesome.
Good luck to all those still waiting to collect.
Ah man part of me is thinking I should of gone performance lol

Looks nice!!! Congratulations!