Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up today from Newcastle and it is a stunner! What surprised me is the 99% charge the car had, contrary to what I’ve heard others say! The reps at Newcastle are really friendly and the process was so smooth I kept thinking that can’t be it! :eek:

The build quality is absolutely immaculate. Zero issues and everything feels very solid. I’ve showed the car to a friend who has a Mercedes and now he wants a Tesla!

This is the RWD and it is fast as eff, and the sound quality really impressed me, the door woofers are quite powerful!

I could not be happier, this car is perfect! Good luck to everyone else here waiting on their cars, it will be the best decision you’ve ever made. :)

Attachments

• 3B402708-764B-4E65-818E-5EA8EA12B0BD.jpeg
    3B402708-764B-4E65-818E-5EA8EA12B0BD.jpeg
    505.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 088D9E8E-0D90-4CD1-A9A1-C602C7D0362D.jpeg
    088D9E8E-0D90-4CD1-A9A1-C602C7D0362D.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 12C2EAD5-AA88-4F7A-A943-36B9D9932776.jpeg
    12C2EAD5-AA88-4F7A-A943-36B9D9932776.jpeg
    352.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 2568608E-ACB6-46E8-B043-5A88946DFE01.jpeg
    2568608E-ACB6-46E8-B043-5A88946DFE01.jpeg
    353.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DDF8F5A4-1230-4D89-9A28-E66AE0E542DA.jpeg
    DDF8F5A4-1230-4D89-9A28-E66AE0E542DA.jpeg
    330.8 KB · Views: 51
Have to fork out the difference and it's a done deal. Just not worth it for 6 weeks. Oh well.

🤷‍♂️
I have seen one on there but it isn’t quite the same as the one I ordered it’s more expensive and it’s not in my area. Might see if I can contact them tomorrow, doubt they will help though as I am leasing.
I don’t get it as surely your car when it is delivered will still sell at the price they are now if they were to give you that one.

Reactions: Snowy77
I have seen one on there but it isn’t quite the same as the one I ordered it’s more expensive and it’s not in my area. Might see if I can contact them tomorrow, doubt they will help though as I am leasing.
I don’t get it as surely your car when it is delivered will still sell at the price they are now if they were to give you that one.
If they can get someone with a less expensive reservation to pay extra for an inventory model now, then they’d get to sell both at the higher price 😅

Reactions: JOL1
If they can get someone with a less expensive reservation to pay extra for an inventory model now, then they’d get to sell both at the higher price 😅
tbh they probably wouldn't care if it was >Apr 1st. They could honour my RN, and the car allocated to me in May they could sell at their current price... IMO there's no difference, it's the same difference. BUT, tesla are known for their end of quarter push, which is likely to be a reason for their held stance on it.

Speculation of course, but, with some conviction!

I told the rep it is what it is, and if policy changes, give me a shout.

Picked up today from Newcastle and it is a stunner! What surprised me is the 99% charge the car had, contrary to what I’ve heard others say! The reps at Newcastle are really friendly and the process was so smooth I kept thinking that can’t be it! :eek:

The build quality is absolutely immaculate. Zero issues and everything feels very solid. I’ve showed the car to a friend who has a Mercedes and now he wants a Tesla!

This is the RWD and it is fast as eff, and the sound quality really impressed me, the door woofers are quite powerful!

I could not be happier, this car is perfect! Good luck to everyone else here waiting on their cars, it will be the best decision you’ve ever made. :)
White on white looks absolutely stunning. I have gone for the exact same spec. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Was not sure sbout the white interior but it looks amazing. Looking forward to mine now

Very jealous!! So beautiful! Congrats 😍

Reactions: BarryW

I think you took my charge! I picked up a white one from Newcastle yesterday too.
I called Tesla up multiple times to request them to charge it up for me as the current charge was quite low, so they said they would book it.
Arrived and the car was at 19%... 😂

Reactions: BarryW
Hi I’m new to Tesla. Ordered a SR+ white with aero wheels before the price increase. It stated Feb 2023 delivery now it’s staying end of May-June 2022. Is it normal for the date to come forward that much?! Thanks everyone. :)
Tesla are very flexible with delivery dates.

When I ordered in Mid February the delivery date was August, a few days later it went to end of May to mid June and two weeks later it was 18th to 30th March with a final date of 29th March.

Reactions: dilly28
Well, thanks for the heads up guys!
Looks like some movement on my account as well. Changed from an ambigious May 7 - June 30 to:

View attachment 782572

Now that's more specific and exciting! So that points exacly to a first week May delivery. Now we're talking! That means around two weeks time THAT BOAT will set off from Shanghai, and finally, maybe, just maybe... our numbers will finally come up.

Time then to jump over to the SHIPPING thread from Mr Miserable to track it to Southampton 🍻 Fabulous!
Great news Snowy - Odd isn’t it that at shipping they think - “oh, move it back a few weeks“ - in the meantime we go nuts.