Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update, phone connected as key and it shows in app. 9 miles on odometer, apparently there is big car park 2 miles away where they have all Teslas and at the delivery centre they only have Teslas which will be collected on the day. Aprox 70 Teslas handed over every day according to staff here. I had set of mudguards in a boot and went to ask if I need to book service and they just sent one of the girls to install it straight away. Can’t fault them. They doing good job.

I arrived at 12.15 for a 1.30 pick up and they said the car wasn’t ready as it was charging.
A quick wander over to the super chargers and there she was already washed and charging.

One of the staff have just collected her to take her to the collection tent and told me she is at 80%.

Time to check her over.

Attachments

• F3ACC53B-278A-4FCA-ABB4-89196E446571.jpeg
    F3ACC53B-278A-4FCA-ABB4-89196E446571.jpeg
    811.1 KB · Views: 64
Nice. I have a similar experience for anyone that's wondering.

I had an existing order for May delivery. I ordered the same spec from inventory very quickly when it appeared.

I chatted on webchat and Jo said he only has power to match if I hadn't reserved it and said I should call up.

I called and was on wait for 1 hour to be told that I can't. (Knowing that's a lie, I called up again). Second time, 1 hour wait and managed to get through and the guy immediately matched the new car to the old RN but said I'd have to travel to collect the car which I said fine.

They deleted my newer order and I can see the title of my old order changed to "2022" keeping all my progress and invoices.
Great to hear you got sorted

Tesla day, or should be. I've come to Southampton to collect, as agreed. After an hour waiting, Turns out the car is in bluewater, my original delivery location. I'd been asked to collect from Southampton for the inventory collection. The order shows collection from Southampton, so i haven't made the mistake...

Tesla day, or should be. I've come to Southampton to collect, as agreed. After an hour waiting, Turns out the car is in bluewater, my original delivery location. I'd been asked to collect from Southampton for the inventory collection. The order shows collection from Southampton, so i haven't made the mistake...
Oh no, are you off to Bluewater now or not possible to get there today? :oops:

Yikes, sorry to hear! That definitely crosses over the the mere inconvenience line for me - you should definitely hit Tesla up about that! Hope you get it sorted.

Sorry to hear that, absolute downer. Hope it can be resolved swiftly for you. it is exactly my fear as well. I’ve matched to an inventory car at an alternate location on the basis I have to go there to collect. Now my app has updated collection point for the revised car to my original collection point.

Ordered a RWD/Blue/White on 13th March. Said August initially which was fine, came in to June and had been there ever since.

Just had a text asking me to pick up from Trafford Centre on Thursday afternoon! It's literally changed in the last hour as I checked it earlier this evening.

Won't be able to accept unfortunately as I need more than 3 days notice to return my current lease and sort my finances out!
This just happened to me too.

While placing the order - a November estimate. When placed, May 09 - May 23. Just got a text asking me to pick one up on Thursday afternoon at Bluewater!

Unfortunately, I'm not ready for delivery yet (have to sort out power) but they say if I do nothing (i.e, don't accept the booking actively) then my original date estimate will apply again - some time in May. Which is ideal for me!

I would give them a call if it's still not active, I don't know if ALD need to do something or not but it's worth a shot. I assume you got the email from Tesla on the day for the digital signature, and you signed it and got the confirmation email back with the documents attached?
Good Idea, Just rang them and are looking into it, signed tablet on the day at the NEC and had nothing since but may have sent documents to company I work for as they do the ordering. Fingers crossed it appears tomorrow.🤞

This just happened to me too.

While placing the order - a November estimate. When placed, May 09 - May 23. Just got a text asking me to pick one up on Thursday afternoon at Bluewater!

Unfortunately, I'm not ready for delivery yet (have to sort out power) but they say if I do nothing (i.e, don't accept the booking actively) then my original date estimate will apply again - some time in May. Which is ideal for me!
I just phoned them as I received a further text message with a reg number allocated to me. They have put me "on hold" for now until end of April, which is the earliest I said I can take a car. Probably end up being on the last ship of the quarter now!

10/10 for manchester trafford. Very nice staff. The handover was quick and hassle free and for the first time ever i bought a car and the dealer did not try to sell me “gap insurance” and alloy and paint insurance. Haha. Car was fully charged and they have a full washing station where they are properly valeting the cars. 10/10 on the build quality as well. Was there for aaages looking at it from every angle. Could not fault anything. Also for anyone ordering now, opt in for the white interior. Its worth every penny

Oh and i drove normally and used autopilot. Estimated range when was driving was 273. Estimated range after i got home changed to 328 miles. These lfp batteries are very efficient
Congratulations @Cooksmaster1 - what a car.
Raises a good question and one that has been aired many times i feel. Batteries - LFP - do we charge when we and as often as we can regardless of miles left? I.e. 230 miles left - bang it on charge ? OR is it let is go down to around 20% before charging back to 100% ?

Reactions: DIY-Trev
10/10 for manchester trafford. Very nice staff. The handover was quick and hassle free and for the first time ever i bought a car and the dealer did not try to sell me “gap insurance” and alloy and paint insurance. Haha. Car was fully charged and they have a full washing station where they are properly valeting the cars. 10/10 on the build quality as well. Was there for aaages looking at it from every angle. Could not fault anything. Also for anyone ordering now, opt in for the white interior. Its worth every penny
I can confirm everything about the TC staff.
My car had a couple of very small marks that were promptly removed by the valeting team. The car looks great and all the panel gaps are perfect.

The only problem now is that I’ve dropped it off to have PPF fitted and won’t get it back until Thursday evening but seeing I’ve waited several weeks so another couple of days won’t make any difference.