Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, been reading eagerly since ordering my M3 via Zen at the start of the month with an estimated November delivery. Called Zen today after seeing the May/June updates for a lot of you and was advised they'll ask Tesla and come back to me. Just had a call from Tesla assigning me to a car TOMORROW from Trafford Centre. Unexpected surprise! First time Tesla/EV, will report back with pics!
Hey, I have ordered via zenith at the start of the month. What colour/spec did you order? Thanks

Not an owner yet but from what I know, she should download the Tesla App on her phone, log in to the Tesla account with your credentials, then she can add the phone key by following the steps on the manual (I guess similar to when you set yours up at the start):

Another owner might have a better way to do it but think that about covers it.
There are different approaches, some prefer using the same user credentials others setup separate accounts, I used the separate account approach, I had my wife download the Tesla App from the App Store, this prompted her to setup he own account. (Setup MFA as this account was going to be added as driver tot he car with full access, so treat as if it is the same as your account) Then added her as a driver from the mobile app, this sent a link that she clicked on, logged out of her Tesla app, logged back in and she has full functionality on the car. There is a whole thread on pros and cons for the different approaches if you search the forum for: - Hope that helps

Setting up a Second Driver​

Tesla pickup day tomorrow too from Bluewater. Nervous to be honest.

Hopefully everything is fine with swirls and panel gaps.

I'd prefer the newer rears lights personally just because it's "new design" but we shall see.

I'll take pics 👌🏾
Good luck mate. We're rootin' for you.

Also interested about the lights, but don't be despondent if not. It's a beautiful car, and you're so fortunate to be picking up tomorrow :)

Looking forward to seeing pics! 🍻

I haven’t completed finance page on my account yet. My question is - if you select the option to trade in and take the quote, can this be used as the deposit or do they still want a “deposit” in cash as well?

The quote Tesla are giving for my car is about £200 short of what I can get for it elsewhere. (Which is probably worth it as it saves the hassle of selling it myself)

How closely do they check the cars your part exchanging over? Do they try knock you down at all or generally honour what they agree?

I haven’t completed finance page on my account yet. My question is - if you select the option to trade in and take the quote, can this be used as the deposit or do they still want a “deposit” in cash as well?

The quote Tesla are giving for my car is about £200 short of what I can get for it elsewhere. (Which is probably worth it as it saves the hassle of selling it myself)

How closely do they check the cars your part exchanging over? Do they try knock you down at all or generally honour what they agree?
you can use the trade in towards the deposit.

They don't really look at a trade in car at all - they certainly didn't with me. The trade in terms do have various conditions about the condition of the car which means they can technically ask you for money after the fact. I'm not sure if they have ever been enforced.

They don't really look at a trade in car at all - they certainly didn't with me. The trade in terms do have various conditions about the condition of the car which means they can technically ask you for money after the fact. I'm not sure if they have ever been enforced.
I just handed the keys & docs over. They didn't even ask where the trade-in car was! Haven't heard anything since (two weeks+ ago). My price was better than we buy any car and Motorway.

My trade in offer was also £200 short of elsewhere so I took Tesla’s offer to save the hassle.

When I picked my car up all they were interested in was the mileage which they checked by staring the car. Nothing else was looked at but there is something in the trade in T&Cs about mileage and how much over you can go from what they quoted on.

Thanks for the replies

I think I’ll take Tesla’s offer as we buy any car will likely try knock the online offer down anyway
Teslas offer is good for 2 months as well, some others are only for so many days. Nobody checked mine when I collected my M3, on my old BMW app it wasn't even unlocked for 4 days, it showed last locked at 10.34am on 7 March which was when
I left it in the car park.

Okay then collection day today! After the most stressful week due to short notice and removing private plate. Anyhow, I won't go into that but shout out to Tesla who were excellent, accommodating and flexible. They even allowed the finance to go through and deliver the V5 later if I had to? In the end it turned up this morning so all good.
So, I arrived at NEC at 3:05 for 3:30 collection. Parked my trade in wherever was available and entered Hall 16.
Place was deserted, I asked why it wasn't busier to which the reply was this week is the final few remainers and that's just how it is. They're waiting on the next ship from Shanghai to repeat all over again.
Lovely lady asked for licence, keys and V5 for trade in. Also asked for the mileage which I gave from my Mercedes App. Keys and V5 got put in a brown envelope and I signed an iPad. No check of car, where I'd left it or anything.
She then gave me the key card and told me where it was sleeping...
Also, she said the app would go live, which is did immediately.
I wandered over to where it was hiding behind a MY with enormous foreboding
And what did I find?
A super shiny perfect condition M3, MSM. No panel gaps, no swirling, sand or anything else listed on these pages. The car was immaculate. All the doors and windows worked so after a quick chat with a Tesla guy he said that's it, you're done out through the exit please.
I never checked the mileage but the charge was 37% (117 miles) so I went to Hopwood Services on the M42 to pop my Supercharger cherry and consume a whopper cheese and bacon. Then got a text that charging was almost complete and to shift my ar$e before I got charged idle fees. How efficient.
Came home, connected to Wi-Fi, updated the software, took 30 mins or so. Then entered passwords for Spotify and YouTube to use my own accounts.
All done!!
What an experience and what a car. All felt rather surreal, especially walking away from my trade in without a second thought.
So moral is, don't be fearful of what you may read. There are good 'uns out there....
Best wishes to you all.

Attachments

• IMG_1163 deplated.jpg
    IMG_1163 deplated.jpg
    606.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1164 deplated.jpg
    IMG_1164 deplated.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1167.jpg