Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question:

I secured my MY last week via a leasing company, they were very good and mentioned that someone called Jenni will contact me about delivery etc.

I have not heard anything am I suppose to be doing something with the app?

I keep seing people talk about matches and inventory but this means nothing to me .

I would just like to have a bit more involvement in the process but I am a bit unsure if I need to be doing anything else .

If anyone can let me know I’d really appreciate it

6C9C6C54-D507-4340-B94F-58BB8C09295D.jpeg

Less than a day old. When i hit that kerb, it felt like someone stabbed me in the chest 😂😂. Oh and i am over the taillights. The car is soo amazing that the tail lights doesn’t even matter and kinda like the look of the “original ” Tail lights

Okay then collection day today! After the most stressful week due to short notice and removing private plate. Anyhow, I won't go into that but shout out to Tesla who were excellent, accommodating and flexible. They even allowed the finance to go through and deliver the V5 later if I had to? In the end it turned up this morning so all good.
So, I arrived at NEC at 3:05 for 3:30 collection. Parked my trade in wherever was available and entered Hall 16.
Place was deserted, I asked why it wasn't busier to which the reply was this week is the final few remainers and that's just how it is. They're waiting on the next ship from Shanghai to repeat all over again.
Lovely lady asked for licence, keys and V5 for trade in. Also asked for the mileage which I gave from my Mercedes App. Keys and V5 got put in a brown envelope and I signed an iPad. No check of car, where I'd left it or anything.
She then gave me the key card and told me where it was sleeping...
Also, she said the app would go live, which is did immediately.
I wandered over to where it was hiding behind a MY with enormous foreboding
And what did I find?
A super shiny perfect condition M3, MSM. No panel gaps, no swirling, sand or anything else listed on these pages. The car was immaculate. All the doors and windows worked so after a quick chat with a Tesla guy he said that's it, you're done out through the exit please.
I never checked the mileage but the charge was 37% (117 miles) so I went to Hopwood Services on the M42 to pop my Supercharger cherry and consume a whopper cheese and bacon. Then got a text that charging was almost complete and to shift my ar$e before I got charged idle fees. How efficient.
Came home, connected to Wi-Fi, updated the software, took 30 mins or so. Then entered passwords for Spotify and YouTube to use my own accounts.
All done!!
What an experience and what a car. All felt rather surreal, especially walking away from my trade in without a second thought.
So moral is, don't be fearful of what you may read. There are good 'uns out there....
Best wishes to you all.
Thanks for that update, its great to hear about your positive experience and you're clearly loving the car. Given your feedback about the NEC today I'm starting to think I'll have the place to myself tomorrow (4:30pm collection on the last day of the quarter). Might even go mega early and try my luck if its that dead.

Reactions: ElectricPolice
View attachment 787978
Less than a day old. When i hit that kerb, it felt like someone stabbed me in the chest 😂😂. Oh and i am over the taillights. The car is soo amazing that the tail lights doesn’t even matter and kinda like the look of the “original ” Tail lights
Argh, sorry about the rims - tbh you probably wouldn't know its there. people drooling over the car too much to bother check one of the rims!

Okay then collection day today! After the most stressful week due to short notice and removing private plate. Anyhow, I won't go into that but shout out to Tesla who were excellent, accommodating and flexible. They even allowed the finance to go through and deliver the V5 later if I had to? In the end it turned up this morning so all good.
So, I arrived at NEC at 3:05 for 3:30 collection. Parked my trade in wherever was available and entered Hall 16.
Place was deserted, I asked why it wasn't busier to which the reply was this week is the final few remainers and that's just how it is. They're waiting on the next ship from Shanghai to repeat all over again.
Lovely lady asked for licence, keys and V5 for trade in. Also asked for the mileage which I gave from my Mercedes App. Keys and V5 got put in a brown envelope and I signed an iPad. No check of car, where I'd left it or anything.
And what did I find?
A super shiny perfect condition M3, MSM. No panel gaps, no swirling, sand or anything else listed on these pages. The car was immaculate. All the doors and windows worked so after a quick chat with a Tesla guy he said that's it, you're done out through the exit please.
I never checked the mileage but the charge was 37% (117 miles) so I went to Hopwood Services on the M42 to pop my Supercharger cherry and consume a whopper cheese and bacon. Then got a text that charging was almost complete and to shift my ar$e before I got charged idle fees. How efficient.
Came home, connected to Wi-Fi, updated the software, took 30 mins or so. Then entered passwords for Spotify and YouTube to use my own accounts.
All done!!
What an experience and what a car. All felt rather surreal, especially walking away from my trade in without a second thought.
So moral is, don't be fearful of what you may read. There are good 'uns out there....
Best wishes to you all.
Absolutely awesome experience mate, thanks for the positive energy boost!

Just need to wait for these shipments to leave GSh now for our turn lol

What’s the story with the Browser and YouTube being Dutch? I am sure I have read things like that in the past but I thought they had changed it but mine is in Dutch when I log in.

Netflix is all fine and works normally but if there is a way of fixing it easily that would be cool?

And what did I find?
All done!!
Best wishes to you all.
Very enjoyable read! Has definitely fuelled my optimism!

And what did I find?
All done!!
Best wishes to you all.
Awesome write up and pics! Glad you had a good experience and shared it accordingly. Thank you.

By the way, I was sure that the 19” had Michelin’s and not Pirelli’s? Or am I just imagining things?

Awesome write up and pics! Glad you had a good experience and shared it accordingly. Thank you.

By the way, I was sure that the 19” had Michelin’s and not Pirelli’s? Or am I just imagining things?
I was expecting Hankook's to be honest. I knew only the 18" had Michelin PS4's and the 19's weren't so lucky. Bit noisy but need to let some air out. Running at 46psi on collection.

Reactions: QuanTim
Hi all. Second day of owning M3 and I can officially say that my favourite feature on a car is preheating. It’s magical to come back to car and car is nice and warm especially on a very cold day with snow we had today in Manchester. Heated steering wheel takes 1 minute to get warm. Unbelievable, amazing, magical, basically unreal how great experience you get with this beautiful tablet on wheels 😂😂😂 Keeps smile on my face and I love to take longer journey home to drive more LOL

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77 and QuanTim
Thanks for that update, its great to hear about your positive experience and you're clearly loving the car. Given your feedback about the NEC today I'm starting to think I'll have the place to myself tomorrow (4:30pm collection on the last day of the quarter). Might even go mega early and try my luck if its that dead.
There's only a handful of cars left in there and they did say that was it. More staff than cars I think? All the guys and girls there were super nice. Play the happy face and they'll be super accommodating I'm sure.

Reactions: ScorpioRising
Hi all, been reading eagerly since ordering my M3 via Zen at the start of the month with an estimated November delivery. Called Zen today after seeing the May/June updates for a lot of you and was advised they'll ask Tesla and come back to me. Just had a call from Tesla assigning me to a car TOMORROW from Trafford Centre. Unexpected surprise! First time Tesla/EV, will report back with pics!
Thats a great surprise and does confirm miracles do happen (especially around quarter end clearance of stocks levels). Enjoy your car !

I haven’t completed finance page on my account yet. My question is - if you select the option to trade in and take the quote, can this be used as the deposit or do they still want a “deposit” in cash as well?

The quote Tesla are giving for my car is about £200 short of what I can get for it elsewhere. (Which is probably worth it as it saves the hassle of selling it myself)

How closely do they check the cars your part exchanging over? Do they try knock you down at all or generally honour what they agree?
You can use as a deposit

re knocking you down, they never looked at the car at all when I collected my M3 this week

however the trade in is only valid for x days….so they did reduce my trade in by 2k, over the 3 months from order to pickup. I was a bit annoyed by that, but it was in their terms and condition, and did reflect a market rate