Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, been reading eagerly since ordering my M3 via Zen at the start of the month with an estimated November delivery. Called Zen today after seeing the May/June updates for a lot of you and was advised they'll ask Tesla and come back to me. Just had a call from Tesla assigning me to a car TOMORROW from Trafford Centre. Unexpected surprise! First time Tesla/EV, will report back with pics!
That's amazing did you order a green one or something ;) ? I don't understand how some turnarounds can be so quick :)
What spec did you order. out of interest?
Congratulations and enjoy

What’s the story with the Browser and YouTube being Dutch? I am sure I have read things like that in the past but I thought they had changed it but mine is in Dutch when I log in.

Netflix is all fine and works normally but if there is a way of fixing it easily that would be cool?

the sim is dutch. It might change later but if you use any services that are geoblocked like iplayer, you can try contacting service.

Morning guys.

New member but I’ve been following this thread for some time.

I ordered my Model 3 LR in black/black on the 20th Feb with an initial delivery estimate, currently brought forward to May.

Another member posted that it may be wise to contact Tesla this week, given it’s the end of the month & they are keen to get as many deals completed as possible.

Anyway. I did just that as I found an identical spec car to mine on the inventory, I went cap in hand & they matched me within minutes & I’m currently sat on a train on my way to bluewater from my NE base.

The only snag this far & it’s a key point for other. I financed through my business, black horse HP. All was well until midday yesterday & it was all pulled as my driving license was 7 days out of date.

I ended up having to purchase the car outright as there were not more options at this late stage, ultimately it’s my fault for letting it run out but I had no idea this was a deal breaker.

Anyway, let’s hope all goes well today!

Thanks for the help & info on this thread.

PD

Morning guys.

New member but I’ve been following this thread for some time.

I ordered my Model 3 LR in black/black on the 20th Feb with an initial delivery estimate, currently brought forward to May.

Another member posted that it may be wise to contact Tesla this week, given it’s the end of the month & they are keen to get as many deals completed as possible.

Anyway. I did just that as I found an identical spec car to mine on the inventory, I went cap in hand & they matched me within minutes & I’m currently sat on a train on my way to bluewater from my NE base.

The only snag this far & it’s a key point for other. I financed through my business, black horse HP. All was well until midday yesterday & it was all pulled as my driving license was 7 days out of date.

I ended up having to purchase the car outright as there were not more options at this late stage, ultimately it’s my fault for letting it run out but I had no idea this was a deal breaker.

Anyway, let’s hope all goes well today!

Thanks for the help & info on this thread.

PD
Exciting! And yeah a bit of a blunder with the license but lucky you had a backup option to still be able to continue!

I plan on doing something similar: if by the end of April my EDD has been pushed due to whatever reason, I will check the inventory for the same spec and simply ask to match to my RN. I don't mind travelling anywhere in the country to pick it up (I'm 25 mins from Bluewater which is my selected destination), will just treat it as an adventure and enjoy the drive back.

Good luck today!

Cheers & this is exactly how I’m treating it.

It’s also worth noting that I managed to get this at my order value which was before the big cost increase!

Just hope the funds show against my account soon as they haven’t yet!

I’d 100% give this a go as it clearly works.

All the best

Reactions: JOL1
Hi All. Thanks again for all the support re: delivery texts. I’m now a proud owner of a Tesla as of Tuesday! (For those interested, M3LR in black/black, ordered via Select Car Leasing/Lex on 1 February - so I feel I was very lucky with delivery times!)

All good with delivery, bar no updates at all from Tesla/Lex (all I got was a call from the delivery driver 40 minutes before arrival; vehicle turned up at 8.30pm) and car being dirty outside.

I had two quick questions that I hope someone can help with: first, does anyone know who I contact about the dirty condition of the car? (The delivery driver must have known it was filthy as he said Tesla will give me £40/£50 towards a car wash!)

Second, I know I can’t see my car in the web app as it’s leased. My app is working fine on my account - was paired to my car within an hour of delivery. However, I want my husband to be able to use the phone app too. He has his own account but that won’t let him pair to the car; is there any way - with a lease car - to add a second person to the account? Do I contact Tesla?

Thanks again everyone!

Just to say that as I only drive around 100-120 miles per week I just use the supplied 13Amp 3-pin plug granny charger to charge overnight once a week. this gets me from ~50% to 100% (RWD LFP) in about 14 hours. If you will drive more miles than this then this method may not work for you, but just so you are aware. The electricity cost this way works out at about 7p per mile for me which is still about a third of the cost of my previous diesel car.
thats brill - thats about the same usage as me atm, the lease co im using are giving me a free charger, but im moving house, so when i get delivery i wont have the charger - your comment puts my mind at ease, thanks!

These are not silly questions thats what forums like this are for and small niggles turn into anxieties if not addressed. Good news is don't worry about anything, the car comes with adapter to use all public charging outlets and if you are stuck a 3 pin plug. In fact many public chargers have a cable attached so you just plug it into the car and don't need anything. The thing you need to know about 3 pin plug is that speed of charging is very slow compared to public chargers (3KW/hour compared to perhaps 50KW or above for the newer public chargers
thanks so much - it really help put the mind at ease!

Reactions: JOL1
Argh sorry! Must have been a hair raising moment of realisation. Easily repaired, so no worries. It's just a huge grief moment when you hear it scrape.
Yeah so annoying. I tried was so focused on not sticking out so nobody side swiped me that I didn’t think. A huge curb as well.

I am going to get it fixed straightaway, I think if I had owned the car a few years I would maybe be more relaxed but not now.

DB646649-1A1F-4C60-AF81-F1480552BEE0.jpeg

Reactions: Snowy77
Yeah so annoying. I tried was so focused on not sticking out so nobody side swiped me that I didn’t think. A huge curb as well.

I am going to get it fixed straightaway, I think if I had owned the car a few years I would maybe be more relaxed but not now.

View attachment 788216
A there's good news it's just a scuff. It's definitely easily repaired.

When I had my Lotus, I crunched a curb (dire visibility), I buckled the alloy and gashed it really hard. They quickly fixed it up think it cost me about £100. Phone in for a quick quote.. Your curb rub is as simple as it gets :)

If you're near London, check these guys:

Reactions: Rgascoigne71