Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now attached…

Attachments

• B751BF09-6D6B-44E7-95DB-94CD85E558C9.jpeg
    B751BF09-6D6B-44E7-95DB-94CD85E558C9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • 3DA9C7E2-47E9-48BF-B9EA-F08E65BEF80B.jpeg
    3DA9C7E2-47E9-48BF-B9EA-F08E65BEF80B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
  • AB762782-38D4-46AC-9AC1-C73476E1939C.jpeg
    AB762782-38D4-46AC-9AC1-C73476E1939C.jpeg
    781.7 KB · Views: 45
I feel the pain. I did the same on the 5th day of ownership, travelling at 5MPH and bounced off the curb while misjudging going around a mini roundabout...

IMG_9895.jpg

and I also have to contend with a bumper scratch too, thanks to someone squeezing into a small gap when parallel parking

IMG_9896.jpg

All in just two weeks of ownership.

Is there a huge functional difference having a Dutch sim card?

Are there any implications?

Got me curious now....
I recall a few (probably many) pages back, someone advised how to reset the SIM/Data connection. That was in response to their data not connecting, but I recall they changed over to Dutch, then back to the UK, and that somehow reset the SIM card.

Could be talking (remembering) bollocks and may not even be related, but it did stick in my mind as a thing to do when I pick mine up - just wish I bookmarked that post now!

Reactions: Snowy77
I feel the pain. I did the same on the 5th day of ownership, travelling at 5MPH and bounced off the curb while misjudging going around a mini roundabout...

View attachment 788242

and I also have to contend with a bumper scratch too, thanks to someone squeezing into a small gap when parallel parking

View attachment 788243

All in just two weeks of ownership.
I have just booked mine in to be done. It’s £100 I could do without but with a 6 day old car I just couldn’t leave it.

I recall a few (probably many) pages back, someone advised how to reset the SIM/Data connection. That was in response to their data not connecting, but I recall they changed over to Dutch, then back to the UK, and that somehow reset the SIM card.

Could be talking (remembering) bollocks and may not even be related, but it did stick in my mind as a thing to do when I pick mine up - just wish I bookmarked that post now!
Turns out I did save the post. It's with regards to resetting the eSIM; but that's not exactly the problem being discussed above so not exactly relevant, sorry. But what I did discover from scouring the forum is that having a Dutch SIM is normal and indeed might be more beneficial over a UK one since it enables roaming, which I guess is helpful only if you take your car overseas - but I suppose that would be good for the odd time you do! Apparently Tesla will be migrating content to UK SIM over time but not set date yet.

After two and a half weeks I'm still finding the ride very firm and joggly, especially on residential (school run) and any uneven roads, despite reducing the tyre pressures to 39 (prompting the warning symbol till it's warmed up). Anyone else finding this? Or did I get too used to the comfy ride in my BMW 5 series? Don't remember the test drive being like this. :(

After two and a half weeks I'm still finding the ride very firm and joggly, especially on residential (school run) and any uneven roads, despite reducing the tyre pressures to 39 (prompting the warning symbol till it's warmed up). Anyone else finding this? Or did I get too used to the comfy ride in my BMW 5 series? Don't remember the test drive being like this. :(
Compared to the Elise, the test drive in the Model 3 was smooth as silk 🤣 To be fair, apart from that, compared to my 26yr old Astra the 3 still feels solid, and pretty special. The Lotus takes things to the extreme, but it's designed to do that.. For me though the 3 is in a new dimension. I dare say you'll get used to it.. probably go back to your old car and it'll feel like jelly 😀

Reactions: DIY-Trev
Spotted a same spec as mine today on inventory. Ordered it and paid the deposit. Was happy to just cancel my other order saying it was going to be in May-June. Hop on Tesla chat just to ask what the process. He tells me I need to have the finance all approved and to have picked the car up by 5pm. It was past 1pm at this point. I’ve never heard of anything so ridiculous. I said can’t I pick it up tomorrow, I’m at work til 6pm today. He said no as if it’s unsold and not picked up today they’ll just convert it into a test drive vehicle. Honestly what a load of rubbish. Have to say I’ve been so excited to get this car but the customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Spotted a same spec as mine today on inventory. Ordered it and paid the deposit. Was happy to just cancel my other order saying it was going to be in May-June. Hop on Tesla chat just to ask what the process. He tells me I need to have the finance all approved and to have picked the car up by 5pm. It was past 1pm at this point. I’ve never heard of anything so ridiculous. I said can’t I pick it up tomorrow, I’m at work til 6pm today. He said no as if it’s unsold and not picked up today they’ll just convert it into a test drive vehicle. Honestly what a load of rubbish. Have to say I’ve been so excited to get this car but the customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
Have to agree. My pre-purchase experience was good - as I got matched and got it earlier (though seeing March/August/May-June estimates was bizarre). I gave three-stars on post-purchase review mainly due to the pickup process - choice of 75mls (Bluewater) or 75 mls (Southampton) when the test drive centres are half that distance (Gatwick/Tunbridge Wells) - and, although the staff were helpful, the centre was gloomy and I had to pay to charge the car to get home. As competition hots up I think Tesla will need to up it's game or it'll lose market share rapidly.

What happens with your order now? It is left open or they cancel it?