Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After two and a half weeks I'm still finding the ride very firm and joggly, especially on residential (school run) and any uneven roads, despite reducing the tyre pressures to 39 (prompting the warning symbol till it's warmed up). Anyone else finding this? Or did I get too used to the comfy ride in my BMW 5 series? Don't remember the test drive being like this. :(
I find mine (standard aero wheels) smoother and much more tolerant of speed bumps than my BMW M140i and far less "crashy", other half has commented the same. I guess it all depends what you're used to.

despite reducing the tyre pressures to 39 (prompting the warning symbol till it's warmed up).
You need to reset your TPMS at your new pressure so you don't get low pressure warning as a deviation from whatever pressure it is currently set to.

after two and a half weeks I'm still finding the ride very firm and joggly, especially on residential (school run) and any uneven roads
firm and jiggly is what it is - tolerance to it is somewhat dependent on what you are use to. I had a passenger the other day wearing a rough textured coat - it sounded like they were sanding something as they were constantly jolted against the seatbelt.

Turns out I did save the post. It's with regards to resetting the eSIM; but that's not exactly the problem being discussed above so not exactly relevant, sorry. But what I did discover from scouring the forum is that having a Dutch SIM is normal and indeed might be more beneficial over a UK one since it enables roaming, which I guess is helpful only if you take your car overseas - but I suppose that would be good for the odd time you do! Apparently Tesla will be migrating content to UK SIM over time but not set date yet.
In an odd way, a Dutch SIM is a good thing because it is permanently roaming - which means in theory, (for example) if it's on EE and loses signal it should switch to Vodafone, assuming that KPN have a roaming agreement with both.

The loss of (UK-only or Ireland-only) geoblocked content is a bit annoying, but also it does apparently open up some other stuff on YouTube which isn't available in the UK/Ireland.

Reactions: QuanTim
Spotted a same spec as mine today on inventory. Ordered it and paid the deposit. Was happy to just cancel my other order saying it was going to be in May-June. Hop on Tesla chat just to ask what the process. He tells me I need to have the finance all approved and to have picked the car up by 5pm. It was past 1pm at this point. I’ve never heard of anything so ridiculous. I said can’t I pick it up tomorrow, I’m at work til 6pm today. He said no as if it’s unsold and not picked up today they’ll just convert it into a test drive vehicle. Honestly what a load of rubbish. Have to say I’ve been so excited to get this car but the customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
I had this yesterday. Called up tried to get it matched and was told funds weren’t needed, lease company needs vin details to release funds though and apparently once these are released there is a cooling off period you need to wait. All seems a bit naff. I don’t really see how I’m ever going to get allocated one. Been waiting a couple of months (though I know others been waiting longer) I have also heard that the first month of the quarter no cars will be delivered or matched, not sure why this would be the case. Matching cars seems to be a lottery. There shouldn’t have been any of these cars going in inventory whilst there were open orders to fulfil. Love the cars but hate the system and service to date.

Spotted a same spec as mine today on inventory. Ordered it and paid the deposit. Was happy to just cancel my other order saying it was going to be in May-June. Hop on Tesla chat just to ask what the process. He tells me I need to have the finance all approved and to have picked the car up by 5pm. It was past 1pm at this point. I’ve never heard of anything so ridiculous. I said can’t I pick it up tomorrow, I’m at work til 6pm today. He said no as if it’s unsold and not picked up today they’ll just convert it into a test drive vehicle. Honestly what a load of rubbish. Have to say I’ve been so excited to get this car but the customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
It does state in your Order Agreement that the car has to be collected by the end of the Financial Quarter in which it is offered to you... and for Tesla that's at close of business(*) today.

* - Technically as a California-headquartered company, that's at 8am tomorrow morning our time, but I think that might get a bit tricky to explain :)

So I have the car........ From Bluewater.

Before walking up to the desk I saw two ladies with one bucket and one cloth and automatically I was getting nervous.

Overall the process was very quick.

Trade in they didn't check the car until I had Tesla cards then heard them drive it somewhere. Last time I will hear the engine and exhaust.

Car was charged to 30%. I stuck it on supercharger and it was £7 for 20%

Now home doing update.

Will post my pictures soon :(

It's all related to quarterly targets/reporting Q1 (31st March 2022), only cars actualy "delivered" count which is a global thing with Tesla and reporting numbers to the stock market with analysts scrutinising. It happens all over the world and whilst yours is just one case (and I understand your frustration) this is not uncommon .....probably not what you wanted to hear

I had this yesterday. Called up tried to get it matched and was told funds weren’t needed, lease company needs vin details to release funds though and apparently once these are released there is a cooling off period you need to wait. All seems a bit naff. I don’t really see how I’m ever going to get allocated one. Been waiting a couple of months (though I know others been waiting longer) I have also heard that the first month of the quarter no cars will be delivered or matched, not sure why this would be the case. Matching cars seems to be a lottery. There shouldn’t have been any of these cars going in inventory whilst there were open orders to fulfil. Love the cars but hate the system and service to date.
Most likely because first months of each quarter production from Shanghai is designed to satisfy European markets because of time to deliver via shipping from China (1 month) . Thereafter production is diverted to satisfy homemarket (China) so it is likely that matches are happening in first month but just not for European customers.

It's all related to quarterly targets/reporting Q1 (31st March 2022), only cars actualy "delivered" count which is a global thing with Tesla and reporting numbers to the stock market with analysts scrutinising. It happens all over the world and whilst yours is just one case (and I understand your frustration) this is not uncommon .....probably not what you wanted to hear
Yep, for any business that isn't tiny, sales are only counted as revenue (and hence impact income and profit) when the goods are actually handed over. When payment is actually made is irrelevant from an accounting income perspective. So for Tesla they need to actually physically deliver your vehicle before the end of the quarter to be able to include that sale in their figures, even if they already have your money.

Ahh got you. Makes more sense now. I’ll get a car at some point!!

I assume they "sell" whatever cars are leftover to showrooms as test drive cars as some way to pad the numbers?
A customer is a customer. In short they are efficient in managing production to converted sales ..hence reporting numbers to the market and understandable why they are "ruthless" in managing quarter end stocks. It's not unusual and part of their business model.

Some customers also benefit in having a car available well before their due date. In addition because customers up until a few weeks ago only had to pay 100 booking deposit many customers do not complete after allocation hence a flurry of cars becoming available towards quarter end

Im probably boring people at this stage .but thats the Tesla business model which may help some with understainding . And guess what .."it works and is very successful"

Reactions: paulhardman
I feel the pain. I did the same on the 5th day of ownership, travelling at 5MPH and bounced off the curb while misjudging going around a mini roundabout...

View attachment 788242

and I also have to contend with a bumper scratch too, thanks to someone squeezing into a small gap when parallel parking

View attachment 788243

All in just two weeks of ownership.
Oh God. I hope the sentry mode caught the person who bumped into your car. Send them a notice

A customer is a customer. In short they are efficient in managing production to converted sales ..hence reporting numbers to the market and understandable why they are "ruthless" in managing quarter end stocks. It's not unusual and part of their business model.

Some customers also benefit in having a car available well before their due date. In addition because customers up until a few weeks ago only had to pay 100 booking deposit many customers do not complete after allocation hence a flurry of cars becoming available towards quarter end

Im probably boring people at this stage .but thats the Tesla business model which may help some with understainding . And guess what .."it works and is very successful"
It's not particularly unusual from what "traditional" dealers do... it's just that the Tesla model is a little more transparent and suffers from end of quarter spikes due to the limited production capabilities. Your explanations are appreciated @JOL1 !

So I have the car........ From Bluewater.

Before walking up to the desk I saw two ladies with one bucket and one cloth and automatically I was getting nervous.

Overall the process was very quick.

Trade in they didn't check the car until I had Tesla cards then heard them drive it somewhere. Last time I will hear the engine and exhaust.

Car was charged to 30%. I stuck it on supercharger and it was £7 for 20%

Now home doing update.

Will post my pictures soon :(
AHHA nice one.. One bucket, one cloth... I'd have gone running saying nnonononononon, dirty is fine, trust me, dirt on the car looks great, pls don't clean any white ones until I have my keycard!

Good intel on Bluewater. Always good to know what's in store.

Grats on the pick up, how did the rear lights go btw? Obv the most important thing is no damage, panel gaps and otherwise perfect car.

9129AF08-AB34-4123-B8A8-231C7046443D.jpeg

Can someone please check if their charing Ampere is showing as 16 as well. I thought it shoul be 32A? Went to a tesla supercharger and the max speed i got was 55kwh which i think for a supercharger is low. And that was with preconditioned battery for optimum speed.