Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah as it stands 23-30th June

I had a “may 2022” EDD for a while… I was told they was looking at an august delivery.

I’m not holding my breath with those dates
That’s very interesting, I’ve ordered a M3 RWD, white, white interior, aero caps. I ordered on the 5th of March. My EDD moved to may/June. But is now showing at november… I’m hoping it is just a worst case scenario and it will come forward.

Yeah as it stands 23-30th June

I had a “may 2022” EDD for a while… I was told they was looking at an august delivery.

I’m not holding my breath with those dates
Interesting to see actually because I ordered the exact same spec about 2 days before you did (well that’s when the Lease company put the order in and I received the RN). But with being a Lease order I don’t have as much access to detail as you do, last thing I heard was it should be June but could be August.
Will be interesting to keep an eye on it because we both should theoretically be at the same time.

Reactions: partywme
Might be better to reserve matrix for row where there are lots of headlight pattern types and they can cover with software, whereas the old units may be set for us market and a single type so ok to swap in

Also - what’s all this talk of rwd LR? Is that a thing? Can’t see anything on Teslas website

Elon Musk hints Tesla may stop taking orders as supply chain problems bite

Elon : “We are actually probably going to stop taking orders beyond a certain period of time because some of the timing is a year away.”
I saw an interesting take on this statement... allegedly sales have slowed down in recent months, so he made this statement to push people sitting on a wall to order so that we can bump figures

Whether this is true or not is anybody's guess - but i definitely think it's plausible

Hi All,

I thought I'd share the timeline for the collection and vin allocation process. I've got my 2nd M3 on order, I took delivery of my 1st car back in March 2020.

The first car was ordered at the end of Jan 2020, this was a Fremont car and understandably things have changed regarding builds and shipping times. However, I doubt much has changed regarding what happens once the car is on the water and enventually handed over.

Vin was allocated at the end of Feb and I took delivery of the car around a month after. I hope the screen shot below gives anyone who's it's their first Tesla an idea of timelines once the car is on the water and being off loaded at the port.

***EDIT*** You're given a date range of 3 days if recalled correctly. If you deferred at the time the car would just go to the next person in the que.

1652341861691.png

BTW I placed my order on for my next M3LR White, 19in wheels with black interior on 19th Feb. My EDD has bounced around May to August and shows 18-30th June.

Last edited:
I got an email from lease company yesterday saying estimate delivery is now 21/07/2022

Was 23/06/2022 previously

Obviously this must be some kind of auto EDD update from Tesla which is why they've emailed me but I cannot see that date being a delivery date being the first month of a quarter and also with potential ships on the horizon

Make of that what you will

My order is 2 x MYLR white, black 20"

I got an email from lease company yesterday saying estimate delivery is now 21/07/2022

Was 23/06/2022 previously

Obviously this must be some kind of auto EDD update from Tesla which is why they've emailed me but I cannot see that date being a delivery date being the first month of a quarter and also with potential ships on the horizon

Make of that what you will

My order is 2 x MYLR white, black 20"
Have you spoke to Tesla via the chat? also when did you order?

Nah not bothered to yet, I ordered 8th March
Think all the dates are a bit of a lottery right now given what they are going through in Shanghai. We have ordered 3 cars via the business, one says May 2022 EDD, one says June 11-30 and one (mine!) says August to September - we all ordered on 16th Feb.

I'm just hoping the dates update (for the better) for my car once the next couple of ships set sail!

I spoke with Zen Auto this morning who assured me the MY is in their compound. So I imagine this was a previous order that was cancelled. The car was registered in March.

I have to wait 14 days cooling off now before they take deposit & arrange delivery.

I hope I can cancel my M3 order. I'll have to read that non-refundable order fee thread 🤪
I can't seem to find the thread on the non-refundable order fee for the U.K. Does anyone have a link to it?