Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone has contacted any other manufacturers for deliveries. A buddy ordered BMW i4 M50 in February, no delivery date. He was told September, now nothing. The latest he had was, probably this time next year (in March). Audi have similar issues. If mine turns up in June I will be delighted. If it’s September, so be it. I will be first to agree that the delivery dates should be more accurate….

Glad to see some else here posting about other manufacturers.

My wife ordered an i4 e40 msport first week of February. Was told September initially, then a month later November and then last week possibly Q1 2023🤷🏽‍♂️.

I ordered my M3LR 2 weeks after her (see sig) and it came end of March.

She cancelled her BMW order, put in for an MYLR on 1st May and we have an EDD of 25-30 June. If it comes it comes?

I understand all the frustrations, and the biggest being told one thing and then another. Poor Tesla CS’s getting endless calls on this must be well fed up!

Consider getting information out of China how you will. Their COVID reported deaths of 5,200 compared to the UK’s 176,000. And their population is 1.4bn.

The car will come when it comes no matter how much we jump up and down and stamp our feet. If we can’t handle this then I guess we all have a choice. The world is currently not how it was, their is still a pandemic somewhere, a war and availability of many things is seriously affected.

Apologies.

It's been quite a week, hasn't it!? I'm up quite early today, but I needed to be up early to book laser removal for my GLOVIS SPLENDOR & THEBEN tattoos.

Also, it's annoying that ship names are expressed in capital letters on the forum, there's probably a reason for it but I can't help but shout and emphasise the ship names in my head when I read them off the screen. It's starting to make me feel even more crazier than I already do o_O.

I addition to the shipping trolls, I ordered a taxi the other day when I was in Bristol. Guess what pulled up, a MSM M3, talk about kicking a man whilst he's down. It was a '22 plate.

I got in, and the driver said "why did you go look at the back of my car before you got in" - I didn't have the balls to tell him I was checking out his rear light clusters........ Instead I just told him "I'd never a seen a car like this before so just wanted to check what it was". He said, "it's a Tesla model 3, 'mate', there are loads of them around here".

I nearly responded with "WelL tHeRe's NoT oNe oN mY DrIvE yEt, iS tHeRe, MaTe". however, I decided to go with radio silence for a while followed by the classic "been busy? What time you on 'til?". Couldn't be arsed with Tesla chat at that point 😂.

However, despite being trolled all week by either ships or taxi's, my EDD is holding strong. As long as that remains strong, my reluctancy to fly out to China with a box of Pfizer vaccines to start jabbing everyone will remain strong, as well.

Have a great weekend, all.

I can swallow delays, that's just the way it is, what I'm more concerned about is if tesla don't honour my agreed interest rate, it already went up from when I ordered the car until I made my application.
Most loan rates have increased by 1%. They should honour the rate of your initial application - until the offer expires. At that point, you will be making a new application and this will be at the new higher rate. It's definitely worth contacting them about this.

Edit: Also be aware that if you change your spec in any way, this will also mean a new application at the higher rate.

Reactions: gaol
I think it’s 4 months and they’re able to reapply the same rate if it expires.
This surprises me - I’m doing financing through my bank, I’m currently locked in until March 2023 at the lower rate (it was a 12 month lock and I ordered in March).

When I called my bank after the interest rate rise, they told me that if I made any changes to my offer, or if the offer expired, this would start a new application at the higher rate. Forza told me the same.

Think the frustration here is not necessarily the delay, these happen. It's the fact they asked for the final payment , in my case 18k which alluded to delivery being imminent i.e. 24-30 June at least to myself.

Maybe my mistake due to the way other car manufacturers act . If it does take 4-5 months then there is a good chance the finance quote will also change. At this time they are earning money on the 18k which I could have left in my bank account .

I've dropped them an email and we will see the outcome/next steps
Do the maths..what interest you can earn for that period is (not material) in the overall scheme of things. Just trying to ensure you don't get let down for the sake of a "principle". It is not as though they were trying to trick you. EDD's are always moving with Tesla and its the same for. everyone .thats all that has happened here. If you are happy with the selection of car try to move forward and don't let this eat you up

Reactions: Skenno
Glad to see some else here posting about other manufacturers.

My wife ordered an i4 e40 msport first week of February. Was told September initially, then a month later November and then last week possibly Q1 2023🤷🏽‍♂️.

I ordered my M3LR 2 weeks after her (see sig) and it came end of March.

She cancelled her BMW order, put in for an MYLR on 1st May and we have an EDD of 25-30 June. If it comes it comes?

I understand all the frustrations, and the biggest being told one thing and then another. Poor Tesla CS’s getting endless calls on this must be well fed up!

Consider getting information out of China how you will. Their COVID reported deaths of 5,200 compared to the UK’s 176,000. And their population is 1.4bn.

The car will come when it comes no matter how much we jump up and down and stamp our feet. If we can’t handle this then I guess we all have a choice. The world is currently not how it was, their is still a pandemic somewhere, a war and availability of many things is seriously affected.

Apologies.
100% agree

Do the maths..what interest you can earn for that period is (not material) in the overall scheme of things. Just trying to ensure you don't get let down for the sake of a "principle". It is not as though they were trying to trick you. EDD's are always moving with Tesla and its the same for. everyone .thats all that has happened here. If you are happy with the selection of car try to move forward and don't let this eat you up
That's a fair point, as I mentioned earlier it's not so much the moving of the edd. It's more the fact I made the final payment believing it was locked in effectively.

Being new to Tesla my mistake, for anyone else I recommend you leave the " final payment" until you have a vin or you know the car is definitely coming.

I will move on and see where it takes us

I thought this was about some cable supply issue for the model Y production line reducing output to 200 cars a day, probably temporarily. I might be wrong!