Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't think that should be the case. If you go to Page 497 - there is a data sheet published by WIIXM. I can see few MY's with white seats having VIN allocated. Yours is pretty surprising - you are much earlier in the queue. hope you have completed all the steps in your account? Some of the VINs allocated are for orders done in march/april this year.
I have completed all the steps and finance through Tesla. I was offered delivery in March but I was abroad & annoyingly Tesla weren’t ready to offer me alternative collection dates so reluctantly pass the opportunity. I did however asked Tesla if I will be pushed back to the queue and the answer was NO.

Reactions: Pajo78
Talking about boats, the Morning Peace mentioned in this post 2022 Shipping Movements peaked my interest.

Back in May a lot of us had a narrow June EDD and then all of a sudden our hopes were dashed and we ended up with either "May" or "July". The oddest EDDs for sure.

No idea if Morning Peace was behind all this or not but going with a tingling feeling it could be an interesting boat to keep an eye on as Mr M mentioned in his 9pm report last night.

I keeps saying to the wife, you could not predict any of this stuff, what a journey this is.

Reactions: Snowy77
Blimey, why do they even bother, rather have it dirty then them attempt to botch it

Actually, on that occasion, Tesla did (well "for some" at least). Cars were parked on top deck of multi storey at Bluewater (normally a lower deck, so not as exposed to the weather). There was a Sahara dust storm ... some cars were "cleaned" (owners complained of dry rag cleaning :( ) but for some they gave a £50-ish cash to owners collecting to get the car valeted. Given the regular complains about swirls on car paintwork I suspect it would be appreciated if there was a "Don't clean my car" option - e.g. for anyone taking the car to a detailer. I've had two that went for PPF and the company that did that said "Don't let the Vendor touch the paintwork, we don't want to have to correct their correction" :) (That applied to any vendor, not Tesla specifically, all the other cars there were 10x the price of my Tesla ! )

Back in May a lot of us had a narrow June EDD and then all of a sudden our hopes were dashed and we ended up with either "May" or "July". The oddest EDDs for sure.

There is a boat that has diverted for repairs. If that is indeed a Tesla boat, and has UK cars on board, then that could account for the "don't know" EDDs ... and may also mean that there will be quarter-month-1 (July) deliveries this time. Fingers crossed for everyone :)

Most orders will be filled in Aug/Sept as their site still shows as such if ordered now

This is a bit of uncertainty over the Hertz (USA) order ... which looked like Shanghai was going to help fulfil that (i.e. this quarter, before lockdown happened ...) in addition to MIUsa cars ... so that may still be the case for next quarter, as well as catching up with all other backorders.

I checked with Max at Cribbs Tesla and they should come with them.

If Max said "Should" then Max has absolutely no idea and was making stuff up.

Tesla has no history in the UK for retrospective (i.e. post-order) changes that disadvantage the customer. Price increase: you get the price you ordered at. Price decrease: you get a refund. Discontinued option: you get to change your order (at the original price list at time you placed your order)

They could do anything in future, of course (and high inflation has not been a thing, until now) ... but no history of that happening.

Reactions: Daedalus
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the silence I've been having from Octopus (has anyone else heard from them?) is due to an impending update...

At least thats what I keep telling myself!
I had an update this morning (simply because I chased for one) they're going to be updating for August 1st on their own tracker if you have not yet received your car. But I have gone back and asked if that is a date they themselves came up with or Tesla?

I had an update this morning (simply because I chased for one) they're going to be updating for August 1st on their own tracker if you have not yet received your car. But I have gone back and asked if that is a date they themselves came up with or Tesla?
Did you call them or email them? I've chased 3 times in the past 2 weeks and not had any meaningful response.

So is your date currently July 31st? -> so will this move to Aug 1st now?

Did you call them or email them? I've chased 3 times in the past 2 weeks and not had any meaningful response.

So is your date currently July 31st? -> so will this move to Aug 1st now?
I emailed them directly, I would email the person who you would have ordered the car with? And yes, I was told it would move to Aug 1st but again just waiting on a reply if that is their date or a Tesla date....

Just got a couple texts right now one being an 'Action Required'' to make payment (just checked and more documents have been uploaded) and the other with the reg and 'official' VIN allocation.

Am I right in thinking the payment doesn't have to be made until 48hours before collection?

Reactions: Daedalus