Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm due to collect my stock inventory MY in a couple of weeks from Southampton.

I've done some digging of the car using the details on tesla-info.com where it came on the MORNING CARINA docking (according to old posts by Mr. M) on 15th/16th March.

Clearly the car was for someone else but I'm wondering why it has been sitting in Southampton docks for over 2 months (odometer is 8 miles) before it was listed for sale?

Surely if the customer didn't pay the final invoice then they would turn around the car for resale very quickly wouldn't they?

So what do people think has happened? Could it be the original buyer rejected it on collection due to a fault or damage? Or it was damaged on the ship and Tesla themselves took it for repairs?

I'll ask them if they know the history when I go to collect but has anyone got any other things I should consider. I certainly don't want to end up with a turkey! Cheers
Well I found out the answer to why my new stock inventory MY has been sitting around in Southampton since mid-March and it was due to the LeasePlan company not taking ownership of it. For the past few weeks they've been speaking with the DVLA to deregister the car but they only had a 7 day window to do that,

A nice lady from Tesla just called me to explain that I wouldn't be the first owner of the car and whether I was happy to still collect it tomorrow. The car had a £800 discount applied to it anyway but as this was the first time I've been told about it she offered me a brand new same spec car (Blk/Blk/20) to be collected at the end of this month if I wanted it but without the discount.

I turned down the offer as I'm not fussed about being the 2nd owner of a delivery mileage car (plus I've already arranged insurance/breakdown etc...)

So for those people with the same spec on order then you might be receiving an EDD update and a VIN in the next few hours. You can thank me later!!!

Reactions: JOL1 and Snowy77
Well I found out the answer to why my new stock inventory MY has been sitting around in Southampton since mid-March and it was due to the LeasePlan company not taking ownership of it. For the past few weeks they've been speaking with the DVLA to deregister the car but they only had a 7 day window to do that,

A nice lady from Tesla just called me to explain that I wouldn't be the first owner of the car and whether I was happy to still collect it tomorrow. The car had a £800 discount applied to it anyway but as this was the first time I've been told about it she offered me a brand new same spec car (Blk/Blk/20) to be collected at the end of this month if I wanted it but without the discount.

I turned down the offer as I'm not fussed about being the 2nd owner of a delivery mileage car (plus I've already arranged insurance/breakdown etc...)

So for those people with the same spec on order then you might be receiving an EDD update and a VIN in the next few hours. You can thank me later!!!
Well that is my spec, but I don't think I'll be the first in the queue.

Reactions: macray76
I just contacted them on live chat.Even though i have a vin in source code,she said i havn't been assigned a car yet?? She said it's looking promising though because of my dates.Is there some disconnection between the vin being allocated in the code to them actually allocating a car??

I just contacted them on live chat.Even though i have a vin in source code, she said i haven't been assigned a car yet?? She said it's looking promising though because of my dates.Is there some disconnection between the vin being allocated in the code to them actually allocating a car??
They will only confirm when they are ready....its all positive with VIN assigned in source code and their comments...you should be fine.

Reactions: Kingpopsy
Gogogogo

1654793512845.png

This might not be a bad thing. Because my EDD disappeared on Monday. Then this morning I got a new 22-30 June EDD with a VIN in my source. But of course caveat here is this might not be same for you and who knows with the Tesla delivery system. But wanted to share in case it does provide some assurance/hope for now 👍
Mine came back today with slightly earlier Sept-Oct range (was Sept-Nov before)