Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine’s a white a Model Y and as it’s my subjective opinion that the model 3 is an ugly duckling, I’ve named my Y ‘The Swan’.
Hey chewy, using your example (subjectively of course😉) then actually the 3 is the graceful grown up swan and the Y is the very slightly chubby (but not ugly)duckling😀.
Seriously whilst I prefer the 3s look I do like both and would have one of each in our household if I could afford it!

Reactions: Wattsisname
Hey chewy, using your example (subjectively of course😉) then actually the 3 is the graceful grown up swan and the Y is the very slightly chubby (but not ugly)duckling😀.
Seriously whilst I prefer the 3s look I do like both and would have one of each in our household if I could afford it!
From some angles and in the right colour, the M3 is a young, just fledged Swan watched over by her fuller bodied mother; a beauty in her prime; the why....? no! the Y
( imagine these words spoken by Sir David A.)

Reactions: ScorpioRising
Cool! Mine is being trailored from Staines to Cranliegh for a spa treat. They are very busy at present and so he will not be ready until 10:00 am on the 7th July🥲.
(I hope it's worth it).

But (uncharacteristically ) I digress........further off thread...

The point is that on pickup from her pamper, we have to dive to Bury St Edmunds via a stop at Cambridge. Not a corridor exactly bursting with superchargers, though Uxbridge would/could work; 43 miles (plus 10 for getting lost and not doing what SWMBO "suggests").

It all add's a frisson of adventure into the unknown....a bit like your first Uber ( in my case, also my last).

Will the spa use up much of her life source during the pampering? Maybe she could be tucked up next to a wall socket at night........
Wattisname wave as you go past. BSE is my home town. There is a Supercharger in Elveden. It’s rather conveniently in the car park of the Elveden Inn. A bit of a detour from the A14…. And if you a really stuck, there’s a charger at my house 🤣

There is a supercharger in Cambridge.

It’s the thing that I hope is looked at. There is a new service station being built at Junction 45, and I hope that they put some 150kw chargers in there…

Wattisname wave as you go past. BSE is my home town. There is a Supercharger in Elveden. It’s rather conveniently in the car park of the Elveden Inn. A bit of a detour from the A14…. And if you a really stuck, there’s a charger at my house 🤣

There is a supercharger in Cambridge.

It’s the thing that I hope is looked at. There is a new service station being built at Junction 45, and I hope that they put some 150kw chargers in there…
Xttatsbox thank you for that. We are actually staying overnight with my nephew very close to BSE. He is Lizzie's son. The day we go to an airbnb near Southwold via Hinderclay for a cupper with Lizzie's husband,

When we collect Lizzie from the Spa, I will drive her for the first time.🥳

Listen out for a fart on the evening of 7th July.😀

• Funny
Reactions: xtattsbox
Xttatsbox thank you for that. We are actually staying overnight with my nephew very close to BSE. He is Lizzie's son. The day we go to an airbnb near Southwold via Hinderclay for a cupper with Lizzie's husband.
When we collect Lizzie's namesake Y from the Spa, I will drive her for the first time.🥳

Listen out for a fart on the evening of 7th July.😀
Can't edit/ correct on my iphone🙃 The next day....

While completely respecting your position on this, I absolutely hate having a palaver made and am entirely happy with waving my driving licence and poddling off to find my vehicle. Always horses for courses though!
Definitely that is a bonus, just a very different experience.

The good news is being red it should be easier to find 👍😀

Good news is at 7pm it's still.ligjt so it won't be like a festival walking around trying to find your car

For those of you waiting to collect this is quite an interesting video comparing collection experiences of a Tesla vs a Porsche. Quite shocking how close the Tesla’s are parked together and just how little help you get.
I guess Tesla just couldn't offer much more considering the huge number of vehicles being handed over at any one time. Personally, I like the idea of the no fuss handover, im not interested in pointless chit chat nor do I want someone showing me how everything works, I like to figure that out myself.

With that being said, the state of the Tesla's when they're handed over is pretty disgusting really, the fact that there were dirty marks and footprints inside is absolutely shocking! Mines only going to be a company car but I'll still be going over for it with a magnifying glass, it'll be looked after like it's my own so it needs to be perfect.

Tesla's when they're handed over is pretty disgusting really, the fact that there were dirty marks and footprints inside is absolutely shocking! Mines only going to be a company car but I'll still be going over for it with a magnifying glass, it'll be looked after like it's my own so it needs to be perfect.
So, @beasty54 , you almost burst my happy Saturday bubble. Then, I remember all those complimentary reports from those who collected this week. It did my heart good to raise my expectations and spirits along with them.

Did you: A.) I misinterpret them? or B.) Did you not read them? or C.) Were there also post relating the sort of nightmare experiences to which you refer and I ignored ?

So, @beasty54 , you almost burst my happy Saturday bubble. Then, I remember all those complimentary reports from those who collected this week. It did my heart good to raise my expectations and spirits along with them.

Did you: A.) I misinterpret them? or B.) Did you not read them? or C.) Were there also post relating the sort of nightmare experiences to which you refer and I ignored ?
Well said. Maybe @beasty54 should wait until he receives his car before making an assumption. He may actually be very surprised. My Y was spotless yesterday.

I guess Tesla just couldn't offer much more considering the huge number of vehicles being handed over at any one time. Personally, I like the idea of the no fuss handover, im not interested in pointless chit chat nor do I want someone showing me how everything works, I like to figure that out myself.

With that being said, the state of the Tesla's when they're handed over is pretty disgusting really, the fact that there were dirty marks and footprints inside is absolutely shocking! Mines only going to be a company car but I'll still be going over for it with a magnifying glass, it'll be looked after like it's my own so it needs to be perfect.
I think @phoenixcat may be a Taycan owner 😂, infiltrating the group. I've done the same on the kia and Hyundai fb groups, just to compare. I think the fact Porcshe aren't selling anywhere near the numbers Tesla are is the main point here. The have got more time to do unveiling etc, which I prefer not to spend 2 hours faffing around in a car dealership.

I watched the video posted above ;) I Should have said Tesla (as in, the main one in that video) , rather than Tesla's

I'm not suggesting all collections are like that, even 1 or 2 is unacceptable though when it's a brand new car. With that being said, it's how tesla do things so unless the car is falling apart, I'll take it and book to get any issues resolved.