Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Darreno may have an opportunity to kindly peruse any Reds at Staines today when he collects.🤞
Question is, was it on a transporter ready to go elsewhere or in Southampton for pickup by some unlucky punter (probably me)

Will be double checking everything on mine even if its hammerimg down.

Going in for a new car detail on the 7th and ppf on the front , they will get rid of any rubbish swirl marks

Question is, was it on a transporter ready to go elsewhere or in Southampton for pickup by some unlucky punter (probably me)

Going in for a new car detail on the 7th and ppf on the front , they will get rid of any rubbish swirl marks
I have arranged for myMY to be trailered directly from the pickup to the detailer tomorrow. However, if I lose the game of Tesla Red Roulette and she has rear end problems ( T.M.I.) I may have to cancel.

I do hope that yours in not the affected car..........the slightest smidgen less than I hope it's not mine:)

Just checking the weather, and it looks like you have a less than 30%chance of rainforest your D Day and less than 6% for mine.

Now then.....SWMBO says, paraphrasing Mr Twain's three kinds of lies statement : " There are lies, damn lies and weather forecasts...and the same goes for statistics ... tell them about your operation; a 20% chance of failure they said"

Now then again.....someone had to be in the twenty percent🥲:) but I'm alright;) it can be repeated🤞

Reactions: Sw1000
Just received an email from Tesla which I have to digitally sign and return on receipt of the car today.
It says it is an essential step to allow me to access the app within 24 hours. Just hoping it won't affect my ability to drive the car if someone at the other side is slow to authorise use of the app.
Still no time specified which isn't helping my occasional run to the front window at every noise 🙃😉
It's chucking it down here as well which may affect my scan (nothing to do with my excitement you understand).

Just received an email from Tesla which I have to digitally sign and return on receipt of the car today.
It says it is an essential step to allow me to access the app within 24 hours. Just hoping it won't affect my ability to drive the car if someone at the other side is slow to authorise use of the app.
Still no time specified which isn't helping my occasional run to the front window at every noise 🙃😉
It's chucking it down here as well which may affect my scan (nothing to do with my excitement you understand).
Haha!

Not being able to setup the car with the app immediately -not so funny. I am still learning!

All will be revealed at tomorrow's Delivery, which, now I recall, is described as self service.

I guess that might also mean self help......

Last edited:
Bit delayed this as I collected on Saturday, and the car also needs a wash already, but here she is...

IMG_3019.jpeg

I found on collection my mind just went black and I tried to go through the checklist thing but I couldn't process what was going on 🤣

I was also terrified driving it on unfamiliar roads around the M25. Ended up taking a wrong turn and was rerouted to a different SuC. I then parked up at the SuC and went to get my charging cable out forgetting there is obviously one attached to the charger 🤣. Some kind lad helped me out and gave me some good tips (thanks if you by chance read this).

After charging I headed home and there was torrential rain to the point where the road was a swimming pool. Not ideal! Anyway made it home.

Next morning I spotted a paint chip! Nightmare. Fortunately Tesla have agreed to come and fix it as a gesture of goodwill.

Other than that I can't see anything wrong with it, and I am already absolutely loving the car.

Bit delayed this as I collected on Saturday, and the car also needs a wash already, but here she is...

View attachment 822057

I found on collection my mind just went black and I tried to go through the checklist thing but I couldn't process what was going on 🤣

I was also terrified driving it on unfamiliar roads around the M25. Ended up taking a wrong turn and was rerouted to a different SuC. I then parked up at the SuC and went to get my charging cable out forgetting there is obviously one attached to the charger 🤣. Some kind lad helped me out and gave me some good tips (thanks if you by chance read this).

After charging I headed home and there was torrential rain to the point where the road was a swimming pool. Not ideal! Anyway made it home.

Next morning I spotted a paint chip! Nightmare. Fortunately Tesla have agreed to come and fix it as a gesture of goodwill.

Other than that I can't see anything wrong with it, and I am already absolutely loving the car.
Looking great. The ordeal bit is over...just joy from here on ....

I'll be collecting my RWD M3 in late August, do i have to order floor mats or does the car come with floor mats? I know the Long range does and performance model but anyone who collected their RWD M3 this year does that car come with carpet floor mats now?
Checkout Ryan techs most recent Youtube video for his top accessory list.
You will have carpet/mats but, they say, not of the highest quality. Also any carpet will suffer in the winter so all weather mats are a favourite purchase.
Many to choose from online.

Checkout Ryan techs most recent Youtube video for his top accessory list.
You will have carpet/mats but, they say, not of the highest quality. Also any carpet will suffer in the winter so all weather mats are a favourite purchase.
Many to choose from online.

I'll check his video out now. I don't mind the carpet floor mats even if I have to replace them once every year or two if they get destroyed. I think Tesla have them on their website for 99 euro.

Not exactly sure on the rear wheel drive model but every other Tesla model made comes with floor mats.
Re Red Rear issue: Just spoke with the very kind and professional Stef, at Tesla. She assures me that if any car is not up to handover specification due to damage, we will be informed in good time and our delivery appointment will be cancelled. They will do their best to get a replacement vehicle.

She was unaware of the condition of my car because it has not yet arrived at Staines for tomorrow's D Day.

I take from this that a scuff which can be polished out, as apposed to something more significant, would not prevent handover.