Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slightly alarmed at the idea of having to do a fresh business PCP application at higher rates, I just did a pretend order on the Tesla site (excluding EAP to try and offset price rises since we ordered). Monthly payments seemed largely unchanged...

Then I noticed in the small print "This finance example applies to new vehicles ordered to July 31, 2022."

To me that suggests our original rate should be honoured, even as business customers, since it seems to be based on order (and subsequently original finance application) date?

Am I missing something?

Slightly alarmed at the idea of having to do a fresh business PCP application at higher rates, I just did a pretend order on the Tesla site (excluding EAP to try and offset price rises since we ordered). Monthly payments seemed largely unchanged...

Then I noticed in the small print "This finance example applies to new vehicles ordered to July 31, 2022."

To me that suggests our original rate should be honoured, even as business customers, since it seems to be based on order (and subsequently original finance application) date?

Am I missing something?

Yes if you’re financing through Tesla they honour the rate when you applied.

When did you apply for finance? There is no mention of black horse on mine. Only Tesla financial services… I applied 5th of april
A few days after ordering... Ordered 24 April. I did subsequently contact black horse looking for copies of the documentation, they told me anything like that I'd have to go to tesla for, so given your comments above, I'm kinda optimistic we're ok....

A few days after ordering... Ordered 24 April. I did subsequently contact black horse looking for copies of the documentation, they told me anything like that I'd have to go to tesla for, so given your comments above, I'm kinda optimistic we're ok....
Yeah as far as I’m aware they honour the quote you agreed to. I’ve read that if you’re agreement expires before you get delivery then do not do another as it will be done at the new rate. I hope that is true anyway because if they charge the latest finance rates I’ll be forced to cancel

Yeah as far as I’m aware they honour the quote you agreed to. I’ve read that if you’re agreement expires before you get delivery then do not do another as it will be done at the new rate. I hope that is true anyway because if they charge the latest finance rates I’ll be forced to cancel
I applied for Tesla loan when it expired I had to reapply but they honoured the original rate. On the basis that you do not change the loan amount / product.

Reactions: Daedalus
Am I missing something?
Yeah - you are missing seeing the posts from Q2 deliveries on here where new business finance had to be arranged, as the original quote had expired and is with a third party (Black Horse) so outside of Tesla’s control.

To clarify, this is when purchasing as a business.
Personal rates are direct with Tesla and being honoured so far.

Reactions: Rensteruk
I hope that is true anyway because if they charge the latest finance rates I’ll be forced to cancel
Not for me to judge, but if you can’t afford a modest increase in finance rates you should perhaps question if you should be buying at all.
Inflation is 10% so everything is getting more expensive. Your energy bill this winter will have increased much more than the Tesla monthly payments have in absolute terms.

Not for me to judge, but if you can’t afford a modest increase in finance rates you should perhaps question if you should be buying at all.
Inflation is 10% so everything is getting more expensive. Your energy bill this winter will have increased much more than the Tesla monthly payments have in absolute terms.
I spoke to tesla this morning and they confirmed that I'll be facing the new rate of 5.9 instead of 4.9. However I can't extend my finance offer until the day it is due to expire, next Tuesday!

She told me she'd been through similar with another customer recently, and it put their payments up by about 20 quid a month

Reactions: Toblerone

Am I missing something?
Hi, I’ve had to do a new application with Blackhorse as mine expired, ordered on the 18th march. It will be 5.9% I’ve tried moaning saying they should honour the 4.9% as originally my EDD was May but they wouldn’t have it, let me know if anything different for you. Spoke to a independent and they said they couldn’t get close to 5.9% as this was subsidised by Tesla

Hi, I’ve had to do a new application with Blackhorse as mine expired, ordered on the 18th march. It will be 5.9% I’ve tried moaning saying they should honour the 4.9% as originally my EDD was May but they wouldn’t have it, let me know if anything different for you. Spoke to a independent and they said they couldn’t get close to 5.9% as this was subsidised by Tesla
I think the higher APR should only be applicable if your financial circumstances have changed since the last credit check e.g lower score etc... but as with everything these days its only going one direction.

• Disagree
VIN recieved today. UK M3P Black/White interior ordered on March 17. EDD 9th August-23 August.
For Blackhorse you will have to redo the application and it will be the higher rate it is today. For Tesla Loans, it will be at the rate when the application was approved.
Try forza finance. Still quoting 4.9%

Reactions: Rensteruk
Thanks for the concern but not that I can’t afford the increase, but more is it worth the increase in APR and the 5.5k increase for the product since I purchased. It’s more an assessment of value than affordability

Thanks for the concern but not that I can’t afford the increase, but more is it worth the increase in APR and the 5.5k increase for the product since I purchased. It’s more an assessment of value than affordability
If by product you mean the car, not the finance product, then that's in your favour ... you'll pay what you signed at the time... subsequent price rises will in theory only serve to hold the value of your car up a bit at the end of your PCP deal, which could be good...

But yes, the APR change sucks...