Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't help getting a real sinking feeling :(

EDD is still listed as 9-25th Sept, but no sign of a VIN - have used the VIN finder link in Frizzy DB (after logging into account), and searched for 5YJ *and* LRW in source. Nothing.... but I see plenty of folks here getting VINS and delivery appointments etc.... (Does the Frizzy DB link work on 5YJ, LRW, or both?)

I did speak to someone at Tesla yesterday, who confirmed no VIN yet, but (it was a fairly bad line and I couldn't make him out 100%) was also saying that VINs aren't assigned until the ship is fairly close, in case of damage to the car in transit, which would cause no end of problems etc (which made sense). But does that mean anyone with a VIN / actual delivery date now has a car that was on either summit or chorus?

Ignoring possible cancellations etc, am I right to hope that a car with a VIN that will soon be assigned to me is on either Companion or Antwerp? Or realistically, am I just waiting for the moment they decide that September will become December for us?
The vin link works on both. Most folks use the link from the link tree after logging on and VIN is more clear and will start with LRW. Antwerp and companion may not yield many cancellations but you may get lucky. Glovis challenge left today and is almost certainly bound for Europe( possibly UK or as well as UK). Glovis sunrise is moored for loading now and will likely push off Friday evening. It too may have UK cars and would get here in time for end Q3 deliveries. If one or both of these boats have UK cars on board then VINS will likely appear across Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I’m showing EDD 2nd to 30th September but mine has not changed in very many weeks. The wait will be over soon but I suspect many of the folks showing September EDDs , with no VIN yet, will be disappointed. I can’t see many, or any, May orders getting joy and that would be disappointing as less than 1 quarter of orders will have been fulfilled and the queue will have lengthened going into Q4. For April ODs, hopes should remain alive for a few days yet and if that’s you- best wishes and good luck.

Reactions: Rensteruk
Can't help getting a real sinking feeling :(

EDD is still listed as 9-25th Sept, but no sign of a VIN - have used the VIN finder link in Frizzy DB (after logging into account), and searched for 5YJ *and* LRW in source. Nothing.... but I see plenty of folks here getting VINS and delivery appointments etc.... (Does the Frizzy DB link work on 5YJ, LRW, or both?)

I did speak to someone at Tesla yesterday, who confirmed no VIN yet, but (it was a fairly bad line and I couldn't make him out 100%) was also saying that VINs aren't assigned until the ship is fairly close, in case of damage to the car in transit, which would cause no end of problems etc (which made sense). But does that mean anyone with a VIN / actual delivery date now has a car that was on either summit or chorus?

Ignoring possible cancellations etc, am I right to hope that a car with a VIN that will soon be assigned to me is on either Companion or Antwerp? Or realistically, am I just waiting for the moment they decide that September will become December for us?
I'm almost certain I had no hidden VIN yesterday got a text to arrange collection today and tonight I can see my VIN so there's still hope

Everything i've seen on this forum including speculation from Tesla suggests at least one more ship is UK bound this quarter. Your allocation will be based to some degree on the time you placed your order, this is obvious no?

The vin link works on both. Most folks use the link from the link tree after logging on and VIN is more clear and will start with LRW. Antwerp and companion may not yield many cancellations but you may get lucky. Glovis challenge left today and is almost certainly bound for Europe( possibly UK or as well as UK). Glovis sunrise is moored for loading now and will likely push off Friday evening. It too may have UK cars and would get here in time for end Q3 deliveries. If one or both of these boats have UK cars on board then VINS will likely appear across Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I’m showing EDD 2nd to 30th September but mine has not changed in very many weeks. The wait will be over soon but I suspect many of the folks showing September EDDs , with no VIN yet, will be disappointed. I can’t see many, or any, May orders getting joy and that would be disappointing as less than 1 quarter of orders will have been fulfilled and the queue will have lengthened going into Q4. For April ODs, hopes should remain alive for a few days yet and if that’s you- best wishes and good luck.
What about March? 😅😭

Gonna be an interesting week to see how these shipping developments play out.

My boss (who ordered his M3P a few days after I did) in early July had his EDD brought from forward Nov-Dec to 24 Sep-29 Sep. Not sure if he has a VIN in source but advised him to check.

Suspect that ties in with at least 1 more shipment to UK forecast some of us have.

Wednesday 17 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

MORNING CHORUS has arrived in Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY.

GLOVIS SUMMIT has also arrived in Zeebrugge with 3,026 M3 and 853 MY.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is not a Tesla charter but she is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!
She is in the Mediterranean heading to Livorno, Italy (a non-Tesla related stop). No more stops after that - direct to Zeebrugge.

RCC ANTWERP is presently in the Gulf of Aden and she remains 'dark' ie she has switched off her AIS, so you can ignore the position shown on our Tesla Ship Tracker. As I have previously explained this is not unusual, especially for Israeli owned ships like her. She is due to arrive in Koper on 23 Aug with 4052 MY on board. Whether this will be her only stop we don't yet know. She should switch her AIS back on when she is in the Red Sea.

GLOVIS COMPANION is crossing the Arabian Sea. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Don't forget the GLOVIS COMPANION competition! Click HERE to enter.

ASIAN VISION is enroute to Port Kembla, Australia with an ETA there of 28 Aug. After that she should head on down to Melbourne.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE has now departed Shanghai South and is heading initially for Singapore where I expect she will refuel before carrying on to Suez. Today's report is a posted later than normal because I was hoping to receive some more information on her. That hasn't yet arrived and if it does I will post an update. She took a long time to load - GLOVIS SUNRISE which replaced her at Shanghai South had wait 24 hrs for her to complete loading, which is pretty unusual. At the moment we don't know where she is heading although the money is on Europe. That could be Zeebrugge, Barcelona or Koper at the moment. VIN activity at the end of the week may give us some clues.

GLOVIS SUNRISE, a bigger ship than GLOVIS CHALLENGE, is now alongside. We know she will be heading to NW Europe but we don't know whether that will include UK or not.

Looking at timings, I would expect the last opportunity for a UK-bound ship to depart will be around 24 Aug - so plenty of time yet. Sitting off the coast at the moment is GLOVIS CRYSTAL and I have my eye on her.

Over in San Francisco GLOVIS SIGMA is about to arrive. Again, I was hoping to post some more information on whether anything can be seen on Pier 80 waiting to be loaded but nothing has arrived - I will post an update if I receive more details. It would be very unusual for Tesla to ship at this stage of the quarter from Pier 80.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.
Hi Mr M,

Just got my VIN number from the Source check. Not tracking on the Hoegh checker. Ireland order, placed March 2022. ETD is currently 16th - 30th September.
405 is the first 3 digits of the VIN.

Regards,

Ryanno.

MYLR Blue, black interior 19" Geminis.
Ordered 16th March, VIN xxxx405, Del 16th - 30th ETD
Ryanno

Gonna be an interesting week to see how these shipping developments play out.

My boss (who ordered his M3P a few days after I did) in early July had his EDD brought from forward Nov-Dec to 24 Sep-29 Sep. Not sure if he has a VIN in source but advised him to check.

Suspect that ties in with at least 1 more shipment to UK forecast some of us have.
Likely on the same ship that all the RWD M3’s who have had the EDD’s brought forward to 22-30th September. It will be interesting to find out which ship they end up on!

A questions how does the trade-in process work with Tesla. Do they guarantee your future value or do you have to allow extra funds to cover a new value. If so are you not loosing the deal.
I had uploaded pictures of a trade in 4 months back. Just yesterday got the valuation i.e. 30 days before the scheduled delivery date. The valuation is on the basis of the current odometer reading and the pics uploaded 4 months back. Clearly mentioned in the mail that for any additional cosmetic defects from the pics uploaded will need to be resolved by me. Guessing they will evaluate at the time of trade in and for any new cosmetic issue identified, will need to pay at the point of collection.

Quick question, is there a way to see your delivery location once you went thru all the steps? Except for final payment
I got a text with a link to schedule delivery date/time. That link takes you to a site to confirm pick up date/time and also shows the pick up location. Not sure if the page is integrated with the main application or a separate site. But best place to see pick up location.

There are many who have waited a few months and even more still waiting after 7 months.
Yes but as I stated. I’ve only just started gathering data and that is an average wait time. 50% will be longer 50% will be shorter :) My data is currently MYLR biased.

I posted for those people who ordered recently and want to know how long they may weight.

Yes but as I stated. I’ve only just started gathering data and that is an average wait time. 50% will be longer 50% will be shorter :) My data is currently MYLR biased.

I posted for those people who ordered recently and want to know how long they may weight.
8 months on the 6th September. Will be a nearly a year when arrives in Q4. To be honest we signed up too an estimate on the Tesla’s site and this is what they should expect and for the early orders it was 14 to 16 weeks and their was no order the white seats you can have it early at the time so we are especially annoyed to be deliberately placed behind the later orders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lewis Smith
I had uploaded pictures of a trade in 4 months back. Just yesterday got the valuation i.e. 30 days before the scheduled delivery date. The valuation is on the basis of the current odometer reading and the pics uploaded 4 months back. Clearly mentioned in the mail that for any additional cosmetic defects from the pics uploaded will need to be resolved by me. Guessing they will evaluate at the time of trade in and for any new cosmetic issue identified, will need to pay at the point of collection.
I wouldn't worry unduly about this as the experience of many on the day of handover is that they barely look at the car (unless of course there has been a material change). It's likely to be standard language there to protect them and is entirely reasonable and understandable.

• Helpful
Reactions: Pajo78
8 months on the 6th September. Will be a nearly a year when arrives in Q4. To be honest we signed up too an estimate on the Tesla’s site and this is what they should expect and for the early orders it was 14 to 16 weeks and their was no order the white seats you can have it early at the time so we are especially annoyed to be deliberately placed behind the later orders.
I have no idea what this has to do with me or what I said. You have been waiting a while and that is unfortunate, got nothing to do with me. Your also not new to the waiting game and as stated this was mostly for people who have ordered recently so they have a better guess at how long they might need to wait. It's just the morning, chill out.

Reactions: Toblerone