Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you an Amazon Prime member?

It does look from today's VIN activity that GLOVIS CHALLENGE is UK bound. I estimate she could arrive in Southampton on 09 Sep. 08 at a push.
Only just catching up on today’s posts across a few threads but I haven’t seen any posts of people getting VINs assigned. Have I missed something? I’m really hoping to be in the next wave so I hope i didn’t miss it!

Reactions: QuanTim
Only just catching up on today’s posts across a few threads but I haven’t seen any posts of people getting VINs assigned. Have I missed something? I’m really hoping to be in the next wave so I hope i didn’t miss it!
I don’t think you’ve missed much. Just the usual posts of EDD windows in the shipping thread and people demanding to know what ship their non-existent car is on 😉
Oh, and August orders asking when the car will be delivered…

If there are to be any VIN assignments from the recently departed ships, they would be expected at the weekend, so there is uncertainty about when the vin event would be and we still don’t know the ships final destinations.

Finally you missed lots of people preparing to pickup their cars over the coming days.

I don’t think you’ve missed much. Just the usual posts of EDD windows in the shipping thread and people demanding to know what ship their non-existent car is on 😉
Oh, and August orders asking when the car will be delivered…

If there are to be any VIN assignments from the recently departed ships, they would be expected at the weekend, so there is uncertainty about when the vin event would be and we still don’t know the ships final destinations.

Finally you missed lots of people preparing to pickup their cars over the coming days.
Nice summary, thank you. You've saved me an hour. 🙂

I believe there is a longer wait on the RWD white cars too
There are lots of Model 3 RWD being delivered this quarter (see my details in signature below). When it comes to Lease orders it introduces more variables specific to those companies ...but what is clear is that both Model 3 (Incl RWD) and Model Y are being produced AND shipped from Shanghai to Europe destinations.

Reactions: Seaview
Reports in the shipping channel that there is a wave of Singapore VINs being assigned.
Which suggests RHDs on Glovis Challenge...no guarantees of course that that means there are RHDs for UK on it but I will take the dose of morning hopium. No VIN for me yet but I guess they would prioritise Singapore VINs as it would be the first stop.

Morning all,

Long time Lurker - Mr Miserable, your updates are the highlight of my day! MYLR/White/20" wheels - no Vin received yet but delivery of 7th - 30th Sept.

A quick question regarding the credit offer. I've seen an update on my order saying "Credit Offer Expired - Your offer is older than 90 days and is now expired. Resubmit your credit application to proceed"

I took the Tesla Credit option at the point I was ordering in the first place - however I remember hearing some people discussing whether or not Tesla would honour the original interest rates (as I've assumed they have increased since placing the original order.

Do I have to renew? If I renew will the interest rates increase?

Thanks

Sam

Great - so it's just a case of clicking renew on the link provided and stepping through the process?
I had the same issue. I called Tesla and they said don't click renew, just wait and they will re-issue the credit agreement on the original terms. They did a few days later. I have heard people have clicked renew and got their original terms though so I'm not sure which the 'right' way is! Maybe give them a call.

I ordered a White/Black 20" MYLR the 16th of March (Sweden) and have had all kinds of estimated dates. Last week it finally narrowed down to 21-30 September. Today it changed again to October 11-December 5

Mr Miserable mentioned that about 24th is the deadline for ships leaving Shanghai when delivering Teslas to UK in Q3. The deadline for deliveries to Lillestrøm, Norway would obviously be a few days earlier, but I'm not sure how much earlier. Would a Q3 delivery be possible from GLOVIS CHALLENGE and GLOVIS SUNRISE, or would it have to be a car from the earlier ships?

March 12 I ordered a Y LR white/white/19"/EAP for pickup in Lillestrøm, and this tuesday the EDD changed from october/december to 18-30 september. No hidden VIN yet. Not sure if I should start getting excited, or try to ignore it until I see a VIN.
Fantastic its now the turn of the Q4 orders. lol.

There are lots of Model 3 RWD being delivered this quarter (see my details in signature below). When it comes to Lease orders it introduces more variables specific to those companies ...but what is clear is that both Model 3 (Incl RWD) and Model Y are being produced AND shipped from Shanghai to Europe destinations.
And even longer wait for M3RWD white white. Another quater watching people get excited about delivery! EDD still nov 25 - jan 9 (ordered 1/04)

I had the same issue. I called Tesla and they said don't click renew, just wait and they will re-issue the credit agreement on the original terms. They did a few days later. I have heard people have clicked renew and got their original terms though so I'm not sure which the 'right' way is! Maybe give them a call.
When I spoke to Tesla a few weeks ago regarding this they thought that the new rate would apply. When all the documents came through it had the original rate on it so all good

Hello all,
Fairly new to the forums and shipping information, so still catching up on a few things... however great to see how much info everyone is contributing to this.

I have a MY LR White/Black Interior/20" ordered back in mid-May for the UK. This was via lease company so haven't had great communication with regards to EDD from them or Tesla. I was told up until a week ago I was due for Sept. delivery, however been notified its now Nov-Dec... and they have said its still "awaiting build allocation"? When I pushed a bit further they did say that Berlin was apparently close to starting up the RHD models, however not sure if this will just be for the MYP or how accurate the info was?

Do some lease companies have access to more information and can actually see a timeline of the cars being built, or is this likely just referring to have an actual car allocated? I'm assuming the latter however obviously keen to have the car ASAP so updates like this are a pain!

On another note, and what point are VINs normally allocated? My optimistic side is hoping for at least one more ship this Quarter that could be assigned, however not sure if all of the ships for Q3 have had their VINs allocated.

Thanks.

Hello all,
Fairly new to the forums and shipping information, so still catching up on a few things... however great to see how much info everyone is contributing to this.

I have a MY LR White/Black Interior/20" ordered back in mid-May for the UK. This was via lease company so haven't had great communication with regards to EDD from them or Tesla. I was told up until a week ago I was due for Sept. delivery, however been notified its now Nov-Dec... and they have said its still "awaiting build allocation"? When I pushed a bit further they did say that Berlin was apparently close to starting up the RHD models, however not sure if this will just be for the MYP or how accurate the info was?

Do some lease companies have access to more information and can actually see a timeline of the cars being built, or is this likely just referring to have an actual car allocated? I'm assuming the latter however obviously keen to have the car ASAP so updates like this are a pain!

On another note, and what point are VINs normally allocated? My optimistic side is hoping for at least one more ship this Quarter that could be assigned, however not sure if all of the ships for Q3 have had their VINs allocated.

Thanks.

Lease companies don’t have access to anymore information than most of us, they set their delivery times based off the EDDs they get from Tesla. The delivery has to go to them then to the customer so you might be told October because they’ve got to arrange delivery when they receive the car in late September. There’s reports here that some have had their cars being held by their lease companies since June - so I suppose it depends on the company you’re leasing from.

As for when VINs are allocated, plenty of information about that across these forums, only takes a quick search.

Usually they’re assigned just a few days after departure during Texas opening hours. We’re currently expecting some activity early next week for the latest sip that set sale - GLOVIS CHALLENGE

Reactions: Toblerone
Hello all,

Thanks.
The latest orders I have seen assigned VINs is 7th April. Tesla still seem to be trying to fulfil Q2 orders. Glovis Challenge and Glovis Sunrise could still be potentially coming to the UK. Challenge is heading to Singapore right now with some people mentioning VINs assigned for orders there but Challenge could still carry on to the UK afterwards but that's an unknown.

If neither are coming to the UK then we won't see orders arriving until around mid-late November. VIN allocation seems to have changed from being assigned (hidden) in the Suez to just a 2-3 days after leaving Shanghai so if you check via (https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders) and have a VIN there is a strong (not 100%) chance you will get text/email about your vehicle in the coming weeks.

For a May order, I think you will be Nov-Dev. Pretty much in the same boat as anyone from early April onwards as we sit currently. Model 3 orders appear to be effected by a longer delay than Model Y. So anyone with a Model 3 could still be waiting from Jan-Feb depending on spec. Model Y Performance is currently Dec-Feb for most.

Reactions: QuanTim and nscar