Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little bit yes. Especially when reading some of the insurance quotes people are getting as well😲 But thankfully I fixed my home energy couple of months ago until 2024 so at least that will stay the same. But still feel slightly deflated. Until I remember how I felt when I test drove it and can convince myself it's all going to be worth it.
Likewise with the increase in energy prices did feel a bit deflated as it will cost me the same as a non ev car.
However, remember when I was test driving EV's tried the usual contenders BMW, Lexus, Mustang etc, all drove just like a "normal" car to me. It was only the Tesla that wow'd me with it's technology, autopilot, design that felt like no other. I'm collecting in a couple weeks and I can't wait. So be it that it will cost the same as a diesel to run, but I'm sure I'll be happier driving it....

Likewise with the increase in energy prices did feel a bit deflated as it will cost me the same as a non ev car.
However, remember when I was test driving EV's tried the usual contenders BMW, Lexus, Mustang etc, all drove just like a "normal" car to me. It was only the Tesla that wow'd me with it's technology, autopilot, design that felt like no other. I'm collecting in a couple weeks and I can't wait. So be it that it will cost the same as a diesel to run, but I'm sure I'll be happier driving it....
This for me, plus the kids (8 and 4 YO boys) f**king loved it and wouldn’t sanction me buying anything else.

100% currently driving an ICE courtesy car and it's a strange anxiety you get when you no longer have the effortless motors gliding you around everywhere, in this it just feels so strange when cruise control is limiting the engine, almost feels like it's failing or losing power. So odd. Electric 100% the way forward.

Reactions: member 229361
Hi all. I feel obligated to put out a word of caution out about checking very closely the paintwork and wheels of your long-awaited car. I just got my red Model 3 Performance, ordered in March. It's beautiful; on collection, as I approached it looked simply spectacular - shiny, beastly, and for only the aesthetics definitely money well spent. But... ... upon closer inspection I found a 'buffed out' scratch, and then another. And then another. Ultimately I found an almost laughable number of scratches and marks on the exterior. After I noticed the first, I noticed them everywhere on the flat-ish surfaces that are normally subject to the mitt. And then on the wheels. I guess at first I was simply too giddy and consumed by everything else. I mean, no doubt subconsciously I was also in denial of even the faintest idea that stuff could be wrong. But I regret that deeply, because I spent an inordinate amount of time sitting inside getting the user profiles ready and checking things like windows, wipers, the heater, etc. I thought it was literally perfect, but I thank God that I did that one final check. It is almost as if the person responsible for cleaning/moving the car purposely damaged it.

I almost didn't take the car, but the fantastic staff the the delivery hub were adamant that's it' a totally fixable problem for my local Tesla store (St. Andrews), and the I shouldn't turned of by that.

tl;dr On delivery/collection day be very rigorous in your checks of things like paintwork, the wheels, the software, and so on. Depending on where you this may not be so easy. But it's super important.

Hi all. I feel obligated to put out a word of caution out about checking very closely the paintwork and wheels of your long-awaited car. I just got my red Model 3 Performance, ordered in March. It's beautiful; on collection, as I approached it looked simply spectacular - shiny, beastly, and for only the aesthetics definitely money well spent. But... ... upon closer inspection I found a 'buffed out' scratch, and then another. And then another. Ultimately I found an almost laughable number of scratches and marks on the exterior. After I noticed the first, I noticed them everywhere on the flat-ish surfaces that are normally subject to the mitt. And then on the wheels. I guess at first I was simply too giddy and consumed by everything else. I mean, no doubt subconsciously I was also in denial of even the faintest idea that stuff could be wrong. But I regret that deeply, because I spent an inordinate amount of time sitting inside getting the user profiles ready and checking things like windows, wipers, the heater, etc. I thought it was literally perfect, but I thank God that I did that one final check. It is almost as if the person responsible for cleaning/moving the car purposely damaged it.

I almost didn't take the car, but the fantastic staff the the delivery hub were adamant that's it' a totally fixable problem for my local Tesla store (St. Andrews), and the I shouldn't turned of by that.

tl;dr On delivery/collection day be very rigorous in your checks of things like paintwork, the wheels, the software, and so on. Depending on where you this may not be so easy. But it's super important.
This may be a stupid question - I'm collecting mine on the 8th Sept from Manchester. For those of you who have collected from there, are the cars kept under cover? I was just wondering how you go about performing collection checks on the exterior if it's raining?

Thanks for sharing and I do hope (and expect) that you will be well looked after by Tesla and that this initial experience wont taint your excitement and enjoyment

Got home delivery confirmation for 29th September. Just wondering what is the best model 3 checklist available?
Honestly, your eyes 👀

Check it over visually, don’t stress, leave promptly and enjoy the hell out of it.

You’ve got a couple of days and a few miles to note any niggles. You reckon you could tell a rattle from a checklist?

Swirls irrelevant unless you can see the aluminium. These buff out. Panel gaps won’t “occur” on your drive home so again you can apply via the Tesla service in the app.

Seriously, this is not having a go but disregard the negativity and enjoy the positive. I know it’s a lot of money, which is why everyone gets tetchy wanting a perfect vehicle, we all do, but problems occur and any issues will get sorted, the guys on site are usually really nice and helpful.

Or, you could simply do the light show in the delivery tent and watch all the lights, doors etc work😂😂