Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive just spoke to Tesla. My delivery date is 8th. But have been told my trade in which I accepted is due to run out on the 5th. So could go down in value. Could not cover the value of deposit meaning I have to fork out money and hope it reaches Tesla in time to clear so I can still pick up on 8th.

I'm furious that they have offered me a price and did so before the the delivery date after I was told that the valuation would only be made after a delivery date had been accepted. It happened the other way round.

So I have an EDD or 17th Nov - 2nd Dec and confirmation that a car has been assigned to me..... its a company car ordered through our lease company.

No VIN or text as yet...... trying to read between the lines that is quite normal as im not a private customer? is that right? or should I be worried that they are leaving it a little late to hit my EDD?

I sold my car in August as I initially believed the info I was given regarding delivery. It has been a struggle ever since borrowing friends and family and insuring multiple vehicles. The point is that I learned a lesson and my advice to you would be - Do not sell the car until you have the Tesla parked on your drive.
Were you given a delivery date and time? How long after that date did the car turn up?

So I have an EDD or 17th Nov - 2nd Dec and confirmation that a car has been assigned to me..... its a company car ordered through our lease company.

No VIN or text as yet...... trying to read between the lines that is quite normal as im not a private customer? is that right? or should I be worried that they are leaving it a little late to hit my EDD?
Im in the same position, Ive been told delivery to my house will be between 7am-8am on 9th Dec and Ive been matched to a car but they dont have the VIN to give me and just said ill get a text to confirm the delivery and reg closer to the time.

Im in the same position, Ive been told delivery to my house will be between 7am-8am on 9th Dec and Ive been matched to a car but they dont have the VIN to give me and just said ill get a text to confirm the delivery and reg closer to the time.
I haven't even been given an exact date but they did confirm it would be delivered to my house.

Have asked them if collecting the car could/ would bring the date forward (as I'm carless) but just being told to sit tight and wait for a text....... easier said than done o_Oo_Oo_O😄😄

Reactions: Millenium101
Also same situation. Been told I have a VIN but they won't give it me so I can't work out which boat I'm on. Just told to expect the delivery confirmation SMS in the next week or so. End seems to be in sight though.

Reactions: Millenium101
I haven't even been given an exact date but they did confirm it would be delivered to my house.

Have asked them if collecting the car could/ would bring the date forward (as I'm carless) but just being told to sit tight and wait for a text....... easier said than done o_Oo_Oo_O😄😄
haha yeah i asked if I could collect it earlier and was told no, so if the delivery is that early in the morning I may as well have it delivered, saves me getting up to Bristol.

Interesting...told by Octopus that I have a VIN, expecting mid December to get it, and to look out for a delivery text soon so that would tie in nicely. Morning Cello it is then.
Ordered via Octopus also so couldn't check for hidden VIN either. I was rather impatient so opened a live chat with Tesla to see if they could offer any further information and they told me that a VIN had been assigned and the car was in transit. I then reached out to Octopus on 7/11/22 who gave me my VIN (LRW3F7FS4PC675XXX). Tesla text received on 9/11/22 to confirm delivery date of 7/12/22.

If you're as impatient as me, try speaking to Tesla directly as I haven't found Octopus massively proactive so far!

Same here - M3P, ordered Aug 1st. Two texts today. One saying same as above, another asking me to confirm payment method. I have a VIN (didn’t show up through source code but chrome extension pulled it up). Spoke to Tesla - they said expect text to schedule collection within 2 weeks. My EDD is 24/11 - 9/12.
Txt just received - collection (London) on the 29th Nov!

How can you work out the boat from the vin? I have a vin that they eventually have me.
It's possible I have the wrong end of the stick...I've tried to resist going down the rabbit hole of tracking boats etc but from what I believe, if you have a VIN then you can work it out because there's a batch number within the string of digits...I might be wrong so don't quote me...

Ordered via Octopus also so couldn't check for hidden VIN either. I was rather impatient so opened a live chat with Tesla to see if they could offer any further information and they told me that a VIN had been assigned and the car was in transit. I then reached out to Octopus on 7/11/22 who gave me my VIN (LRW3F7FS4PC675XXX). Tesla text received on 9/11/22 to confirm delivery date of 7/12/22.

If you're as impatient as me, try speaking to Tesla directly as I haven't found Octopus massively proactive so far!
I am similarly impatient (aren't we all!) - Tesla live chat gets a workout from me most days haha. They are the ones who told me I'd been assigned a VIN, which I went and then told Octopus, who checked their systems and then confirmed back to me. However, both Octopus and Tesla have said they can't tell me the VIN until I have a delivery date SMS so I'm waiting on that now. It's all a little confusing. Tesla said the boat mine is on should dock soon (think he said next week) and then it gets taken to the NEC in Birmingham where Octopus go and check it out, make sure it's not scratched or whatever, and then they arrange delivery. I'd rather collect it myself but that's not an option apparently. Anyway. VIN is assigned, text is due hopefully by end of the week and delivery is 'around the middle of December'.

Overall Octopus have been fine, no real complaints there. They're a little conservative with their EDDs - until yesterday I was still going to be Mar-May '23 according to their tracker - but they've responded to questions and texts quickly so can't fault them on that front.

Oh, and is it a little sad that the first 'big drive' I have planned when it arrives is to the supercharger in Aberystwyth?!

It's possible I have the wrong end of the stick...I've tried to resist going down the rabbit hole of tracking boats etc but from what I believe, if you have a VIN then you can work it out because there's a batch number within the string of digits...I might be wrong so don't quote me...

think it's Sleuth Skills tbh - I was lucky enough to message tesla while I had been soft matched a VIN - as I got this just as Summit passed Taiwan I figured my car was on that ship. They then fully allocated me this soft VIN after fuelling in Singapore.

It's now in Southampton teasing me until the 2nd December when I pick up from Glasgow. 16 days waiting seems excessive but then again I am impatient.

Think the way to guess at ship is what ship is between Shaghai & Singapore when the VIN appears. Hope that makes sense as it's my understanding as opposed to facts.

Reactions: Spacerat