Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come to me........

1668465085309.png

Reactions: bainsy
So a quick question. When should I be contacted by Tesla to arrange a collection date?

I had the "Your Model 3 arrival date is being calculated..." on 7th November

Then I got "You've chosen your payment method as cash for your Model 3" Yesterday

So I guess it's progressing but I would really like to get a date...

On the subject of trade-ins... I finally got an offer today. It's OK, but down a fair bit from the last one a few weeks back. If I accept now (locking in the offer for 30 days, which goes beyond my collection date) can I change my mind in say 2 weeks' time, if I decide to sell/trade privately?

I'm assuming I can, as I'm guessing Tesla would prefer a cash deposit rather than trade-in anyway?

Can anyone help with this question? Thanks in advance :)

There's essentially two methods

1) Tesla SSO - Sign In - click "Manage" on your car... Then press F12 to load the developer console (or right click and "View Source"). Then search for vin (or LRW as all VINs from Shanghai start LRW)
2) https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders - you'll need to have visited the above URL anyway for this link to work. This page returns a load of values pertaining to the car that you ordered, but one of them will be "vin".

There's also a Chrome extension available that does something similar, but the above is the more manual way.

Interestingly, currently I only see a hidden VIN via the "source code", and not via the (2nd) API link. Could be that you see a VIN first in source and API gets updated "later"? Is one VIN more "hidden" than the other?

Quite why they couldn't bring this information to the forefront to save us scrapping around for any glimmer of information, I have no idea. #JustTeslaThings
Thanks for the help everyone. I tried all the methods, but still nothing which is strange. Just going to keep checking once a day and hope nothing has gone wrong!

So a quick question. When should I be contacted by Tesla to arrange a collection date?

I had the "Your Model 3 arrival date is being calculated..." on 7th November

Then I got "You've chosen your payment method as cash for your Model 3" Yesterday

So I guess it's progressing but I would really like to get a date...
I think you're in the same boat as me (probably literally) based on order dates and spec, and we got the VIN and prepare texts the same days too (I did not get a text about payment yet but I'm paying partly via tesla loan and I've already paid my deposit)

If we're on Morning Cello as I suspect I'm anticipating a scheduling message as it nears the Suez so hopefully the end of this week.

Delivery messages for RCC Europe were sent about a week ago and Morning Cello is approximately 10 days behind which is what I'm basing this on.

Reactions: M3UK and Jon_UK
I think you're in the same boat as me (probably literally) based on order dates and spec, and we got the VIN and prepare texts the same days too (I did not get a text about payment yet but I'm paying partly via tesla loan and I've already paid my deposit)

If we're on Morning Cello as I suspect I'm anticipating a scheduling message as it nears the Suez so hopefully the end of this week.

Delivery messages for RCC Europe were sent about a week ago and Morning Cello is approximately 10 days behind which is what I'm basing this on.
Thanks for the info @Danzr

Interesting...told by Octopus that I have a VIN, expecting mid December to get it, and to look out for a delivery text soon so that would tie in nicely. Morning Cello it is then.

I still have no VIN says delivery expected 8th December to 24th December M3P in Blue ordered 27th July, any idea what is happening with it, not heard anything from Tesla
Sounds like you're in the same boat as me. I have tried every method of finding a VIN. I ordered 31st July, MYLR in Blue, and now been updated to 6th Dec-21st Dec, but only progress has been a test from Tesla yesterday. Online chat tole me that i haven't been assigned a VIN as of yet as well. Hopefully will change in the next few days

Question - due to the trade in being a good couple of grand less than other place I'm thinking the hassle of selling and paying Tesla a deposit and using public transport on the day of delivery will be worth the extra couple of grand. However, is there any chance that my car won't be ready for 8th December. It's all booked in. I don't want to sell my car and then find out my car has been damaged or int avaiable. I know traditional showrooms would prob supply you with a hire car if this was the case. It makes me nervous to sell my car before the actual day.

Reactions: rowedav
Question - due to the trade in being a good couple of grand less than other place I'm thinking the hassle of selling and paying Tesla a deposit and using public transport on the day of delivery will be worth the extra couple of grand. However, is there any chance that my car won't be ready for 8th December. It's all booked in. I don't want to sell my car and then find out my car has been damaged or int avaiable. I know traditional showrooms would prob supply you with a hire car if this was the case. It makes me nervous to sell my car before the actual day.
We are in similar position. Can you keep car until you have your Tesla and then sell it? We are on finance deal and dependent on how it works out we might need to pay one month for both cars. But we figured if we do it is an extra month off the settlement amount on the old car finance so will recoup a lot if not all back there.

I sold my car in August as I initially believed the info I was given regarding delivery. It has been a struggle ever since borrowing friends and family and insuring multiple vehicles. The point is that I learned a lesson and my advice to you would be - Do not sell the car until you have the Tesla parked on your drive.

Similar position here. I've accepted Tesla's trade-in offer - it covers my deposit which is the main thing, and also the cost of getting a home charger installed AND has the convenience of keeping my car until collection day then just swapping over.

That said...I'm going to take a look at Motorway/Carwow a week or so before - last estimate was about £1,700 more which would obviously come in handy at this time of year. If it looks like it would be more hassle I'll stick with the Tesla trade-in.

Reactions: Millenium101