Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked my MY DM Blue/Black 20inch wheels yesterday from Trafford Centre overflow car park (?!....I know).
Went on the train on something called the trans pennine express (which it isnt) and then got a cab because the trams were having trackworks done.
the light touch handover is exactly that.....so do your homework!!!..... Make sure you have app loaded and driving licence (they didnt ask for insurance confirmation...but would anyone drive a £60K car with no insurance?). The app loads up with all the car details in about 60 seconds. You are given the key cards ...sign on a ipad to accept and then told where you car is.....thats it.

Tightly parked in rows so inspection is a bit tight. They dont clean them up and it had obviously been raining heavily the day before.
Using the Key Cards and then setting up your phone as key access is reasonably straightforward.
Pulled out and had a quick drive around the car park to re familiarise myself (test drive was in May). especially parking up and remembering to press P ....no sensors just your eyes.
I found one flaw I think....a bit of condensation in left rear light cluster which I photographed but couldnt be a**ed to go back into the centre so I'll look again this morning and decide what to do. Yes it comes with parcel shelf and cables ..yes mine had the mobile charger as well as the cable maybe its because I ordered it in May when it was still part of the price.
Then proceeded to drive back home to South Yorkshire on the wonderful M60/M62/A1.......had 51% charge at pick up had 24% when I got back home 80 miles later. Yes I did a bit of acceleration testing :)) OMG I forgot how quick) but mostly 60-65mph due to traffic and me wanting to get home without any issues. Connected it to my new Sevadis Autel Maxi Charger (non tethered...just socket as it looks tidier) and it charged up a treat to 90% (that was the current max setting on the MY when picked up)...but probably will just keep it between 20% and 80% most of the time...obviously going to be out and about this weekend.
Oh and of course I set up PIN to drive before going to bed. It doesnt appear to come with a USB stick for sentry mode so thats on my shopping list this weekend.
Enjoy yours ....I'm so glad at the end of all of the EDD changes I finally have mine (ordered in May).

Picked my MY DM Blue/Black 20inch wheels yesterday from Trafford Centre overflow car park (?!....I know).
Went on the train on something called the trans pennine express (which it isnt) and then got a cab because the trams were having trackworks done.
the light touch handover is exactly that.....so do your homework!!!..... Make sure you have app loaded and driving licence (they didnt ask for insurance confirmation...but would anyone drive a £60K car with no insurance?). The app loads up with all the car details in about 60 seconds. You are given the key cards ...sign on a ipad to accept and then told where you car is.....thats it.

Tightly parked in rows so inspection is a bit tight. They dont clean them up and it had obviously been raining heavily the day before.
Using the Key Cards and then setting up your phone as key access is reasonably straightforward.
Pulled out and had a quick drive around the car park to re familiarise myself (test drive was in May). especially parking up and remembering to press P ....no sensors just your eyes.
I found one flaw I think....a bit of condensation in left rear light cluster which I photographed but couldnt be a**ed to go back into the centre so I'll look again this morning and decide what to do. Yes it comes with parcel shelf and cables ..yes mine had the mobile charger as well as the cable maybe its because I ordered it in May when it was still part of the price.
Then proceeded to drive back home to South Yorkshire on the wonderful M60/M62/A1.......had 51% charge at pick up had 24% when I got back home 80 miles later. Yes I did a bit of acceleration testing :)) OMG I forgot how quick) but mostly 60-65mph due to traffic and me wanting to get home without any issues. Connected it to my new Sevadis Autel Maxi Charger (non tethered...just socket as it looks tidier) and it charged up a treat to 90% (that was the current max setting on the MY when picked up)...but probably will just keep it between 20% and 80% most of the time...obviously going to be out and about this weekend.
Oh and of course I set up PIN to drive before going to bed. It doesnt appear to come with a USB stick for sentry mode so thats on my shopping list this weekend.
Enjoy yours ....I'm so glad at the end of all of the EDD changes I finally have mine (ordered in May).
I’m pretty sure it should have a USB for dash am footage. If there’s not one in the glovebox I’d raise a service request stating it’s missing.

I’m pretty sure it should have a USB for dash am footage. If there’s not one in the glovebox I’d raise a service request stating it’s missing.
Thanks ....I checked again and yes it is there . Its so small and dark coloured in the dark glovebox pointing forwards in top left I missed it. Have now set up Dashcam and Sentry Mode for recording. By the way forgot to mention it has car mats front and rear (and the rear is actually a 3 seat car mat ...very neat!). Went out for a spin today tried supercharging which was an absolute doddle....eveything has worked so far via voice activation even my broad yorkshire accent is understood. Navigate to......Ikea Nottingham...LOL it just works. the bit of condensation in the left rear tail light has vanished so .......happy bunny at the mo.

For those waiting ....its worth it ....actually the ride is pretty supple even over pot holes ...so assuming my 23 model has all the upgrades so far mentioned ....except possibly the back seat depth leg depth .....doubt I'll measure it ...sat in the back and stared at the sky and stretched out my legs fully (I'm 6 foot) and thought ..yeah I could be chaufferred in this........

Guys your EDDs will bounce around, your delivery date may have a last minute(ish) change (mine did due to the transporter not getting to Manchester in time from Southhampton....I got a nice telephone call from a Newcastle number and a text and an instant update on the app once I'd agreed a 24 hour delay (hey I waited 6 months and it was 6 days notice....it cost me 20p to change my train ticket (see previous).

I sold my car in September (via Motorway as it gave best cost and easiest way) based on the EDD not moving for ages and being 2 weeks away .......to say I was disappointed when like you all know the day after I sold my car ...EDD went to Dec ......fortunatley just decided to run with car sharing with Mrs for a few months and its worked out okay.
Mrs was so impressed with our drive out today .....we may become a one car family again in the summer.

Thanks ....I checked again and yes it is there . Its so small and dark coloured in the dark glovebox pointing forwards in top left I missed it. Have now set up Dashcam and Sentry Mode for recording. By the way forgot to mention it has car mats front and rear (and the rear is actually a 3 seat car mat ...very neat!). Went out for a spin today tried supercharging which was an absolute doddle....eveything has worked so far via voice activation even my broad yorkshire accent is understood. Navigate to......Ikea Nottingham...LOL it just works. the bit of condensation in the left rear tail light has vanished so .......happy bunny at the mo.

For those waiting ....its worth it ....actually the ride is pretty supple even over pot holes ...so assuming my 23 model has all the upgrades so far mentioned ....except possibly the back seat depth leg depth .....doubt I'll measure it ...sat in the back and stared at the sky and stretched out my legs fully (I'm 6 foot) and thought ..yeah I could be chaufferred in this........

Guys your EDDs will bounce around, your delivery date may have a last minute(ish) change (mine did due to the transporter not getting to Manchester in time from Southhampton....I got a nice telephone call from a Newcastle number and a text and an instant update on the app once I'd agreed a 24 hour delay (hey I waited 6 months and it was 6 days notice....it cost me 20p to change my train ticket (see previous).

I sold my car in September (via Motorway as it gave best cost and easiest way) based on the EDD not moving for ages and being 2 weeks away .......to say I was disappointed when like you all know the day after I sold my car ...EDD went to Dec ......fortunatley just decided to run with car sharing with Mrs for a few months and its worked out okay.
Mrs was so impressed with our drive out today .....we may become a one car family again in the summer.
and finally before I go to the other threads as an owner and now not 'waiting'..........No parking sensors and no parking aids is a pain its like going back 20 years. Allegedly Tesla are going to use the cameras at some point in the future with an OTA update......but to sell a very expensive car without parking aids in 2022 is a bit naff even if it is coming in a few months.......apart from that I'm happy but now getting stressed when pulling up to front of house ....ridiculous

I read that these are being replaced by new tech or being restored in the future? Sorry for brevity

Got my model 3 last week.
No sensors. No tech to replace what you expect to experience with sensors - not yet.

So when parking front in you use your judgement only. In reverse you can at least use the camera
This is a disaster for me as my current garage involves me parking tightly in an open garage behind my house and I need the assistance to ensure I don't hit the neighbours fence or mine as I reverse in.

Pretty annoyed at this move, so will have to practice this several times and be extra conservative with space in front and behind!!

I guess the only help left is the rear camera which again I'll need to learn in terms of tolerance Tesla gives so that I don't bang into my fence as I reverse, made worse in the night as I don't have any lighting back there...my Kia Rio offers more assistance for heaven's sake!

Reactions: Dannyk123
Just to add, say I am reversing in the dark on full steering lock and I'm approaching my fence with the only way I can see anything really is from the brake lights / rear lights.

In practice then, will the car allow me to continue reversing into the fence without stopping or cautioning me? Same for going forward into my neighbours fence?

Obviously I will avoid doing it but to allow a driver to do this is so far away from the practical (park assist) type driving you'd expect from a Tesla.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Just to add, say I am reversing in the dark on full steering lock and I'm approaching my fence with the only way I can see anything really is from the brake lights / rear lights.

In practice then, will the car allow me to continue reversing into the fence without stopping or cautioning me? Same for going forward into my neighbours fence?

Obviously I will avoid doing it but to allow a driver to do this is so far away from the practical (park assist) type driving you'd expect from a Tesla.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes it’s like driving a car with no sensors fitted so it would allow you to crash without shouting at you. For now.