Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following this thread and can chime in now 😃

Ordered my M3RWD in red on 6th March via SalSac (Tusker).

From reading the shipping thread I'm almost certain it's on the GRAN MIRAFIORI and according to Mr Miserable it'll be in Southampton on 20th May

Got a few messages this week from Tesla including VIN and reg no. It was supposed to be getting delivered via Glasgow on 30th May but my employer vetoed that date and it's been pushed back to 1st June due to salary payment dates.

Reactions: tophertronic
Been following this thread and can chime in now 😃

Ordered my M3RWD in red on 6th March via SalSac (Tusker).

From reading the shipping thread I'm almost certain it's on the GRAN MIRAFIORI and according to Mr Miserable it'll be in Southampton on 20th May

Got a few messages this week from Tesla including VIN and reg no. It was supposed to be getting delivered via Glasgow on 30th May but my employer vetoed that date and it's been pushed back to 1st June due to salary payment dates.
We had the same when we got our M3P back in 2021. Our employer would only accept delivery up to the 15th of a month due to Tusker payment dates.

Sounded odd to us at the time but based on the way Tesla did it back then we had to accept delivery on 21st June otherwise it would have been September, took a lot of negotiation and I think ultimately they accepted the car while it was down in Southampton docks on the 15th then delivered it a week later.

I cancelled my Model 3 LR order on the May 5th. I had been given a delivery date of the 5th June but I decided I wanted the Model 3 Performance instead.

I eventually got my order for the M3P (white paint & white trim) placed with Tesla on Thursday the 11th may (had to go through work HR etc as its SS Lease so took a little longer than simply placing the order with Tesla myself).

I was completely speechless when Tesla called me direct the very next day (Friday 12th) and advised my car was ready to pickup!

They (Newcastle Tesla) advised it had only came in on Thursday evening and I guess I just got lucky with a match which had already been shipped. I assume it came in on the Grande Houston which arrived at Southampton on April the 25th as this aligns perfectly with carrier estimates from Southampton to Newcastle.

Just sharing for info. When I cancelled the M3LR I expected to wait longer, not get it quicker! Just shows it all depends on your ordered spec vs what is available around the time you order.

Attachments

• M3P.jpg
    M3P.jpg
    704 KB · Views: 95
Hi all,

With my Tesla due this Thursday I just wondered if anyone could point me towards any delivery day guides/tips for checking car over etc.

As a salary sacrifice lease it's being delivered direct to me so awareness of what i should be checking on delivery and what over the first few days.

Thanks

I got sent this today

Yeah was sent these also, useful but i'm more looking for tips on quality checks (panel gaps etc) and raising any issues - with an idea of when you need to raise these. i.e. do you have a longer window or do you need to check over car before signing delivery.

Hey everyone!

Placed an order for an inventory model 3 around a week ago. Was just wondering how long it typically takes tesla to update the order page after PCP has been approved. Been stuck on the "Payment Method" step for around a week

1685059516749.png

Hey everyone!

Placed an order for an inventory model 3 around a week ago. Was just wondering how long it typically takes tesla to update the order page after PCP has been approved. Been stuck on the "Payment Method" step for around a week

View attachment 941065

Can't seem to edit. Contacted support, it's still with Tesla Financial Services to link the loan with my order. Apparently takes at least 7 days, would have been nice to know up front rather than silence

I wouldn’t worry about it, probably be weeks before you see the car.
They know they have plenty of time to manually do all the admin stuff…like marking up finance, finding the car(yes, really), forgetting to mark it for prep, making up random unavailable parts it needs, ignoring all requests for info (that’s hard work!), deciding which random number generator for use for trade in price updates etc

Sit back, forget you ordered it and it will be a nice surprise around Xmas time 🎅🏻👍

Status
Not open for further replies.