Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that Tesla continue to have big problems with software updates, wipers, indicators etc and not too mention removing stalks! I am so pleased that I sold my M3LR a few months ago and now await my new BMW i4
Wait, a software update removed your stalks ?

This must mean Tesla can OTA LIDAR.

Can't wait.

Arrived overnight for me (23MYSR) and installed with no issue - did take a little longer than the last couple but I guess it's a bigger update.

I do like the speed chimes and bigger speedo display. I have Auto-Cancel on anyway and no issue with white line detection or steering correction here.
Seems like it defaults to Large text in the Display options. Did for me but I changed it back!

The numbers on this release are skyrocketing according to TeslaFi. The number pending install is going up faster than the 2,500+ that have already installed! Still waiting for my 24 MY to pick it up though! :(

(These are big numbers for TeslaFi tracking)

Just installed mine.

Well I guess this is about as good as we'll get the wipers, the new system replicates the classic manual wiper controls where you'd twist the stalk, albeit you have to press the end in first and spin the wiper wheel of fortune.
How can such a forward tech car have such a backwards feature is beyond me.

Having the equaliser more accessible is nice but I wish I could save presets rather than trying to move sliders around mid drive, my GF and dog don't have the same appreciation for bass as me.

I saw mention of the BMW i-something. If I could swap my door handles for those I would in a heartbeat. Those are some dam nice feeling proper handles. Pass on the £24k minefield of optional upgrades though.

Still dreaming of LoFi parking assist... I've seen videos of the Intel version. Just let me see parking lines.

I'm genuinely amazed Tesla have not mentioned once in the release notes for the legacy S/X about the visualisations changes, though Vision does still need some work as it needs to realise cars cannot park in the middle of no where in a multistorey car park :).

The amount of extra stuff 'seen' is very impressive, now let's wait another 3 years before the FSD beta driving code is enabled 🤣

53753154247_0b5cae1b93_c_d.jpg
Hold on..what is your version number? I've not noticed any real changes on my Model S dash. Are you in the UK ?

It's now downloading for me, which is surprising seeing as my 24 hour timeout on software checks was 3:30pm tomorrow :D finally!

I've seen this happen a few times where if I manually search for it I don't get it, only for it to show up later the same day by itself.

Because the update being ready can occur at any time and can be seen via various other means and not just in the car.

Checking in car does not necessarily trigger it being ready, it will show it being ready if it had been scheduled to your car earlier but you didn’t get the earlier notification.

It’s kind of a manual check to see if the update had previously been released to your car, but I don’t think it’s trigger that release.

I don’t bother with in car checks as I get my download ready notification by other means. I got my TeslaFi download notification email at 19:25 yesterday but if I hadn’t seen that I could say have manually checked in car at 20:00 and the car would have offered me the download, but at 19:00 it might not have done so.

tl;dr manual in car check probably only checks that download is available but does not make it available. That will have happened earlier and can be detected by other means, not just in car.

First real drive on 18.9 and AP is definitely further from the kerb
I cannot understand why with software updates this always happens.
The first point releases shove the car nearer the kerb and later revisions put it back where it should be!