Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my model y last Thursday and in the app it's saying software update, connect to WiFi. Should always be when on the driveway anyway but will check that.
When I click release notes in the app it just says what's currently installed which is 2024.2.8, is that a long way behind?

There has been a change to the way that automatic indicator cancelling works with this update, it seems to be cancelling much sooner - seemingly now before you’ve actually fully moved into the next lane. Over the weekend I did a familiar 200 mile round trip on mainly motorways and on a number of occasions I very specifically noticed that the indicator was cancelling much earlier than before; on some occasions I had only just started to make the lane change.

The reason I noticed this very obviously is because I have a S3XY commander set to continuous autopilot which is set to re-enable AP 3 seconds after the lane change has completed (following indicator auto-cancellation) and it was doing it waaaaay too soon on this trip and pulling me across half lanes a few times. I've now adjusted the continuous autopilot setting to 5 seconds.

Strangely seemed to be re-offered 2024.8.7 yesterday evening. Already on 2024.8.7 but noticed the update icon in TeslaMate so woke the car up with the app, sure enough it said a software update was available and clicking the release notes showed it to be 2024.8.7 with an 'Already Installed' note. Wasn't parked close enough to the wi-fi to download/install and it's gone this morning. All a bit odd.

I've moved the extender a bit to see if that helps. Is downloading now but taking some doing. Wondering if signal still not strong enough
You will know if you have a signal as the wifi will show green. If it is downloading then you are ok. Once downloaded it will invite you to install on the app or in the car. Only do so when you are parked and not needing the car for 30-40 mins. Also park on level ground if possible.

The car will do the update and you will get a notification on the app when completed.

It is a very easy process but better to do when you don’t need the car for an hour or so (or overnight).

After the first time you will have no worries about how easy it is! I went from the same software as you last night and woke up to it installed this morning.

Reactions: init6
You will know if you have a signal as the wifi will show green. If it is downloading then you are ok. Once downloaded it will invite you to install on the app or in the car. Only do so when you are parked and not needing the car for 30-40 mins. Also park on level ground if possible.

The car will do the update and you will get a notification on the app when completed.

It is a very easy process but better to do when you don’t need the car for an hour or so (or overnight).

After the first time you will have no worries about how easy it is! I went from the same software as you last night and woke up to it installed this morning.
Yeah all done. Took longer then expecting but that was my first one so there you go. Know for future anyway.

Why level ground? Because it has an update specifically for the lights?
It's on a slight incline as its on my driveway.

Got the update and really looking forward to trying the adaptive lights. Got a 2hr30 drive on Thursday night on all types of roads - lit and unlit motorway, unlit dual carriageway with central reservation and urban with streetlights.

People regularly report that when there is a light update that the car may self-level and if on a slope there are often reports of issues that then need to be recalibrated when on level ground. Not speaking from personal experience so can't vouch for it. I just mentioned it because it is your first time (so helpful to know) and this update has a matrix lights update included.

People regularly report that when there is a light update that the car may self-level and if on a slope there are often reports of issues that then need to be recalibrated when on level ground. Not speaking from personal experience so can't vouch for it. I just mentioned it because it is your first time (so helpful to know) and this update has a matrix lights update included.
Thanks. Will nip out later and see if I notice anything with the level

I can only vouch for this anecdotally, but my driveway is on a slight incline and it seemed to me like the lights were slightly high after the adaptive lights update. I “recalibrated” by going into the light calibration screen on a flat surface and that seemed to improve things. Possibly.

That oversight (forgetting the Europe has a self leveling sensor) was remediated 18 months ago

Had a go this evening in the dark, on the country roads is absolutely great, but when you're coming into a town where vehicles are parked it's a bit weird as it tries to decide if they're moving or not.

However, near me there are some dimly lit town streets, but lit more than enough that you don't need full beams. Previously the tesla would flash them on and then take them off once it realised there were streetlights. Now it leaves them on, and because it's lit well enough, it's difficult to see if the matrix lights are actually doing their job to oncoming traffic. I didn't get flashed but I didn't feel at ease either.