Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected my Model 3 2024 today from Nottingham service centre, very quick and easy. The staff were super, we got a little goodie bag and print for launch day. No issues at all with the car and I am fussy with these things, I could not find a fault. I have done 100 miles in it today, not a rattle in site. I averaged 245w/pm which I though was good considering I did test out the acceleration a lot. It came with 85% battery which was good, I will go and break my supercharger virginity tomorrow.
For those that are interested and feeling really negative about the indicators, I have had the car less than 24 hrs, done about 100miles and am a pretty used to them already. It will be natural in a week, no big issue.
If I was being difficult, I would say they might be easier with one on either side of the wheel rather than both on the same side.
I think the negativity around this has been blown out of proportion to be honest

I think I got lucky, I was penciled for Birmingham on the 3rd February but they rang and asked if I wanted to charge to launch day on the 27th @ Nottingham, I wasn't turning that down as I live in rutland and it 35min instead of 1.30hrs drive
As long as I still get the goody bag on 3rd Feb I don't mind the drive to Birmingham 😂

Just ordered the Y and planning to do the £399 per month contract hire but when you select finance in the app there isn't a choice for this deal? Do you just have to wait for a Tesla rep to contact you?
Go with lex as the lease option (which is the top option on finance and is called hire purchase I think…I did find it all a little confusing). The numbers won’t quite match (£3600+£406pm or something), but it gets corrected on approval and your £200 refunded.

The other lease companies are more than the £399 offer

Go with lex as the lease option (which is the top option on finance and is called hire purchase I think…I did find it all a little confusing). The numbers won’t quite match (£3600+£406pm or something), but it gets corrected on approval and your £200 refunded.

The other lease companies are more than the £399 offer

Done that now thanks for the help!

For those that are interested and feeling really negative about the indicators, I have had the car less than 24 hrs, done about 100miles and am a pretty used to them already. It will be natural in a week, no big issue.
If I was being difficult, I would say they might be easier with one on either side of the wheel rather than both on the same side.
I think the negativity around this has been blown out of proportion to be honest
FULLY agree! I’m almost completely used to the no stalks and I’ve had the car two days

Thanks to @starharbour for sharing their checklist with me. When reading through this I thought I would see if I could find out if there was a more up to date list for the Highland and stumbled across one on GitHub. I've tidied it up a little and removed a couple of irrelevant bits for the UK.

I did this solely for my own collection this weekend, but thought I would share it on here just in case it was of some use to others.

Attachments

• Highland Checklist.pdf
    67.9 KB · Views: 109
Due to collect mine on Friday but couldn't resist the offer of a test drive today. Possibly like others I had a certain apprehension about the lack of stalks but even on a short 30 minute drive I was pleasantly surprised that using the indicators was quite straightforward and worked well. Same with swiping to drive. I really hope that longer term familiarity will make this just as instinctive as using stalks.

In many ways the predetermined test route was more of a challenge than the indicators, in an unfamiliar city cente with some roundabouts, lots of direction changes and following a navigation route back to base in a brand new car. One pedal driving in a Tesla made the whole process so much easier and the camera views are excellent. I still don't understand why so many critics find that the speed displayed slightly to the left is inferior to looking down into a binnacle.

Hi all. I'm due to collect my M3 on Wednesday in Dublin. Are they sticky about collection times? They've given me a slot in the morning which isn't realistic with work etc.
Best bet is to give them a call and see if you can rearrange. They're normally pretty good about being flexible but for peace of mind you should be able to call them and get a different time.

Due to collect mine on Friday but couldn't resist the offer of a test drive today. Possibly like others I had a certain apprehension about the lack of stalks but even on a short 30 minute drive I was pleasantly surprised that using the indicators was quite straightforward and worked well. Same with swiping to drive. I really hope that longer term familiarity will make this just as instinctive as using stalks.

In many ways the predetermined test route was more of a challenge than the indicators, in an unfamiliar city cente with some roundabouts, lots of direction changes and following a navigation route back to base in a brand new car. One pedal driving in a Tesla made the whole process so much easier and the camera views are excellent. I still don't understand why so many critics find that the speed displayed slightly to the left is inferior to looking down into a binnacle.
Absolutely agree. As usual it is reluctance to change... If we were *really* reluctant to change we'd still be in horse drawn carriages...

Reactions: piffmunday
For anyone that has received their highland RWD could you please confirm the mileage shown in the app after full charge and before anyone says it’s been discussed before I have spent hours looking and just thought would ask you guys to get specific answer for highland. I thought the mileage should show the rated mileage but I’m seeing 242 which is over 100 less. Apologies if this isn’t correct place to ask but it’s only recently been delivered

For anyone that has received their highland RWD could you please confirm the mileage shown in the app after full charge and before anyone says it’s been discussed before I have spent hours looking and just thought would ask you guys to get specific answer for highland. I thought the mileage should show the rated mileage but I’m seeing 242 which is over 100 less. Apologies if this isn’t correct place to ask but it’s only recently been delivered
I am at 91% and 247 miles. I understand that the mileage is based on an estimate from recent usage, I might be wrong though.

I am at 91% and 247 miles. I understand that the mileage is based on an estimate from recent usage, I might be wrong though.

First thing to note is that quoted ranges are not gospel. Many factors can affect the range - driving style, weather conditions, battery temperature etc. Doesn't matter what EV you buy, at 100% they will never state the quoted range as this is in ideal conditions in a controlled environment. If you look at Tesla Model 3 - EV Database this shows you the variation between Hot/Cold and Motorway/City driving... its a common misconception that what is said on paper is what you always get, especially when new to EVs.

What @piffmunday says is correct, it will learn and adjust accordingly based off of driving data. Its a bit like when you get a new ICE car and it has to learn the average MPG over time and the more you drive, the more accurate the range reading from your fuel tank becomes. Same concept with EVs... If you keep mashing the accelerator or driving on motorways at full pelt then the range will always report low. If you revert to "grandpa driving" and drive around cities with lots of start/stop traffic it will go up, thanks to Regen.

Remember, BEVs are the opposite of Diesels etc. Diesels give better return at a set rev range and so are more efficient at a constant speed on a motorway. BEVs like stopping and starting so that they can put some juice back into the battery. There is a line on the screen above the driver display nd under the speedo - one way is green and is regen, other way is red and is drain - think of this as your rev counter... the less in the red you go, the better your range will be and the car will learn that over time. The BMS needs to learn about you and how you drive before it can be accurate. Same as a trip computer starts with a low average mpg and increases as it learns.

TL;DR: Perfectly normal. WLTP is a controlled environment and so hard to actually get - this is why 'real-world range' is a thing. Not specific to Tesla, all EVs (and actually ICE cars too) do it.

Last edited:
Early morning delivery 😀

Attachments

• IMG_2244 Copy.jpeg
    IMG_2244 Copy.jpeg
    792.5 KB · Views: 46