Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Decided to get a lease on the Tesla Y. Signed agreement by both sides on 26th, delivery date has stuck to 1st March.

Called Tesla, said all good to go.

Called finance company (CA Finance / Drivella) - to ask where I need to pay the initial payment. They said pay directly at Tesla when you collect it.

I callld Tesla to confirm this, they said actually we are waiting for payment from the lease company. I said they have informed me everything is done, and that I should pay directly at Tesla upon collection the initial payment. They assured me that it is the finance company i need to pay, and that they haven't received payment yet. But have received the purchase order.

i've literally been on hold / calls between the Tesla and the finance company for the best part of 4 hours. I'm currently on hold now with the finance company for the last 50 minutes, they shut in 15 minutes. They don't open again until 10am tomorrow which is when my friend is picking me up to take me to Manchester for collection.

Tesla just before 5pm said they'll move my delivery time to 4.30pm to give the lease company more time to make the pay out. Although the finance company have told me everything has been sorted. Even tesla this morning said everything is good to go... but now apparently not.

Not to mention i have to sort insurance and collection of my existing lease car. The insurance has already increased as i've been unable to 100% confirm everything, and i only have a few days to arrange the collection of my existing lease car.

I have to say, so far it has been a lot of hard work as I seem to be playing the middle man between Tesla and the finance company - ridiculous amount of miscommunication. I really hope I manage to sort this by tomorrow, and definitely don't end up stuck at the other side of the country, as my friend is dropping me off on the way to somewhere else.

I used black horse as redirected from Tesla app and the FAQ says initial payment is invoiced on delivery, so payment taken approx 14 days later. Am hoping that’s the case anyway as picking up tomorrow and ain’t planning to pay 3k to someone I don’t have a financial agreement with

I used black horse as redirected from Tesla app and the FAQ says initial payment is invoiced on delivery, so payment taken approx 14 days later. Am hoping that’s the case anyway as picking up tomorrow and ain’t planning to pay 3k to someone I don’t have a financial agreement with
Yeah, I managed to finally get through to them. Helpful woman, clarified everything. Still find it bizarre the other person said something completely different (that I had to pay Tesla!).

She did clarify that initial payment will be took 5-10 days after delivery of the vehicle by direct debit.

She said the pay out got actioned two days ago, but hasn’t been done yet but assured
me it should be done tomorrow morning.

She said call before setting off to make sure to not waste the journey… so I will, but I hope it has been done obviously cos I can’t do the alternative date which is Tuesday as I go away for a week 🙃

There’s nothing on my Tesla app about my lease agreement strangely.

I had lots of other options before, so I assume just today the vehicle had been transferred to a lease. Still, no other information apart from the delivery appointment.

Really glad I’m triple checked, as I may have been 2 hours away with no means to get back 😀

IMG_1182.jpeg

Had a MY RWD delivered yesterday, originally ordered 5th Feb, arrived on a trailer with 7 miles on clock and 19% battery, assume never charged since left China?

Very impressed so far, first EV and effortless, I was going to buy a M3H for cash but switched to a MY personal lease through a broker, not because of indicators as felt they were fine on Highland in my opinion but think a combination of not laying out that capital and so used to having a hatch it was the right decision for us

I had lots of other options before, so I assume just today the vehicle had been transferred to a lease. Still, no other information apart from the delivery appointment.

Really glad I’m triple checked, as I may have been 2 hours away with no means to get back 😀

View attachment 1023285
Random question has yours always shown the date? My app doesn’t even though the delivery date has been confirmed for over a week now.
IMG_6685.jpeg

Random question has yours always shown the date? My app doesn’t even though the delivery date has been confirmed for over a week now. View attachment 1023465

Hi mate,

Yes it has. To be fair, it was all fairly quick. Test drove a YLR and asked for quotes, came back decent for the performance spec. She said one was showing in stock in Manchester so just went with that and was able to get a delivery date of 29th feb. Obviously asked to postpone a day to get the 24 plate. Since then the delivery date has always shown.

P.s Your blue looks nice on the app ha

Random question has yours always shown the date? My app doesn’t even though the delivery date has been confirmed for over a week now. View attachment 1023465
Up until yesterday my app was showing as if I had done a standard cash / personal order.

Tesla said there are delays with CA finance / Drivella as they’re now the preferred / priority lender.

Attachments

• IMG_1185.png
    IMG_1185.png
    403.8 KB · Views: 19
Tesla called said they still haven't got confirmation regarding the payment from my lease company. Lease company said they instructed payment 3 days ago. Tesla said they'll confirm by 12:30 today, i'm currently on hold to the finance company... 90 minutes and waiting so far :)

Hi mate,

Yes it has. To be fair, it was all fairly quick. Test drove a YLR and asked for quotes, came back decent for the performance spec. She said one was showing in stock in Manchester so just went with that and was able to get a delivery date of 29th feb. Obviously asked to postpone a day to get the 24 plate. Since then the delivery date has always shown.

P.s Your blue looks nice on the app ha
Thanks mate. Strange mine has never had a date in there just confirmation an appointment is booked. Got the date by text. Possibly because mines done through a work scheme so maybe different?? And thanks, the blue and black wheels looks great to me I think

• Love
Reactions: covacure
Thanks mate. Strange mine has never had a date in there just confirmation an appointment is booked. Got the date by text. Possibly because mines done through a work scheme so maybe different?? And thanks, the blue and black wheels looks great to me I think
I haven't received a single text from tesla, or e-mail - just randomly see the app and something has updated.

Reactions: Anthony Overy
Drivelia still not paid out according to Tesla so now my delivery will be postponed until Tuesday, which I will be unable to do as I’m away for two weeks. Current lease car goes back Monday 🙃 my partner is gunna be without a car for two weeks / have to hire a car.

Absolutely livid with both finance and Tesla.

Tesla called again. Said the payment is on the payment run, but won’t be today. Can push for Monday. Said they’ll give me a call if anything changes.

Moved all my appointments today to Monday due to this, now having to do the same for Monday to a day for when I’m back from being away 🙃 I sincerely hope the car is worth it 😃

My model Y order has been a nightmare it's on PCP. Had delivery booked for 7th March, got a text this morning that a VIN had been allocated again so it looks like they changed the car for some reason. Then I got another text an hour or so ago saying a new VIN again. The Tesla app is now showing a 73 number plate instead of my 24 plate that I had allocated for weeks. After the second VIN change my delivery date dropped off the app. Had to phone Tesla and they said they've sorted it now and my delivery is back on. However the 73 plate is still showing in the app....

My model Y order has been a nightmare it's on PCP. Had delivery booked for 7th March, got a text this morning that a VIN had been allocated again so it looks like they changed the car for some reason. Then I got another text an hour or so ago saying a new VIN again. The Tesla app is now showing a 73 number plate instead of my 24 plate that I had allocated for weeks. After the second VIN change my delivery date dropped off the app. Had to phone Tesla and they said they've sorted it now and my delivery is back on. However the 73 plate is still showing in the app....
I had similar, although I called up and my plate changed automatically.

Got through to a senior manager at the finance company who has been really reassuring, and said she has direct contact with someone at a senior level at Tesla and access to the bank to keep an eye out for incoming payments. She said she’ll put them to get me in for delivery tomorrow, which would be more than ideal.

I feel like the way Tesla does things is too confusing with a lot of moving parts, changes and misinformation.

I had similar, although I called up and my plate changed automatically.

Got through to a senior manager at the finance company who has been really reassuring, and said she has direct contact with someone at a senior level at Tesla and access to the bank to keep an eye out for incoming payments. She said she’ll put them to get me in for delivery tomorrow, which would be more than ideal.

I feel like the way Tesla does things is too confusing with a lot of moving parts, changes and misinformation.

My number plate has changed 3 times now. After phoning them to complain it’s reverted to a 24 plate again. Getting sick of calling my insurance company to update the plate. The agent promised me this would be the last change.

My number plate has changed 3 times now. After phoning them to complain it’s reverted to a 24 plate again. Getting sick of calling my insurance company to update the plate. The agent promised me this would be the last change.
Mine changed twice, but mine was a stock vehicle. I wasn’t able to sort insurance out for the reg, gunna try now.

Finally got confirmation payment has been received, and able to pickup tomorrow. So after all the hassle, it seems they’ve pulled it out the bag…