Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a lot of progress at Fort William. From this morning:

https://twitter.com/Thatcargeek/status/1300741051104333826?s=20

Eg0o4OwWsAAwooC

In the second photo it looks like the substation is there and the wooden unit. (Is that recent progress?)

Last edited:
Not a lot of progress at Fort William. From this morning:

https://twitter.com/Thatcargeek/status/1300741051104333826?s=20

Eg0o4OwWsAAwooC
Disappointing, picking up new M3P from Stockport in the morning and heading right up the west coast next week, I was hoping this site would be up and running in time for our trip. We will need to rely on the Chargeplace network which looks fairly unreliable the further North you get. The wife is not yet convinced of the merits of EV and I need this trip to go well!

Checked the Aberdeen location this week. No physical progress so far, but contractors were on site estimating for the building conversion to Service Centre. Completion still estimated at end of year. Still open for test drives and so on.
I heard from a fellow Tesla driver who'd been along to the site that they're planning for October for sales and December for the superchargers.

Sure I read somewhere that TOGUK were meeting the UK SuC team this week. Hopefully get some news and updates from that, especially on the more stagnant locations.
There was a post about this which I noticed yesterday; there wasn't anything mentioned regarding stalled/stagnant sites but Tesla did say that there is a new UK Supercharger currently being built that hasn't been spotted by anyone in the owner's group (which means it hasn't been reported in this thread either).

Tesla also asked that any visitors to Superchargers under construction don't picture engineers at work (they have a right to privacy) and be mindful that construction areas have safety hazards so don't get too close to them. From what I've seen on here people are being sensible and already adhering to those common sense reminders.

• Love
Reactions: CMc1 and DJP31
There was a post about this which I noticed yesterday; there wasn't anything mentioned regarding stalled/stagnant sites but Tesla did say that there is a new UK Supercharger currently being built that hasn't been spotted by anyone in the owner's group (which means it hasn't been reported in this thread either).

Tesla also asked that any visitors to Superchargers under construction don't picture engineers at work (they have a right to privacy) and be mindful that construction areas have safety hazards so don't get too close to them. From what I've seen on here people are being sensible and already adhering to those common sense reminders.
The chase is on... I wonder if it’s somewhere remote hence it not being spotted.

As if they’re checking out what we’ve found / haven’t found.

We see you Tesla.. we see you.. just not your other site.

The chase is on... I wonder if it’s somewhere remote hence it not being spotted.

As if they’re checking out what we’ve found / haven’t found.

We see you Tesla.. we see you.. just not your other site.
It's an intriguing treasure hunt. Tesla do monitor the owner's Facebook group so I do think they are well aware of what's been spotted, especially as it's now being collated in a spreadsheet over there.

They've implied it's not one of the "Construction" sites on Supercharge.info, and I'm guessing it's unlikely to be a "Permit" site because the location is known and they are likely to be checked from time to time.

It could be somewhere remote but then again Hilton Park wasn't spotted until the stalls were all in place and that's a big service area on the M6. And then there's the possibility of a development in another underground hotel car park in central London, like the O2 one which opened in January this year...

Still, great to know yet another site is being worked on right now.

• Love
Reactions: CMc1
Ferrybridge services on the M62/A1??? Not been past there for a while and IIRC it was on a 'expected 2020' list but nothing has been seen for a while, I may have to drop past after work on my way home and see.

Ferrybridge | Tesla UK
I dropped by Leeds Tesla Service Centre a couple weeks back and asked a few questions about new locations - the member of staff I spoke to mentioned there may be what looks like Supercharger installation works going on at Ferrybridge...although they hadn’t had official Tesla confirmation so maybe/maybe not! But worth checking out just in case...

• Helpful
Reactions: cezdoc and CMc1
Perhaps they’re counting Rugby as “construction started”
The FB group has received word from Tesla that Rugby is not the site in question (which pleases me as I’d regard it as “already spotted”).

They seem to imply it’s more like Wyboston which was in plain view in a car park and days away from going live when it was spotted by a forumite.

Ferrybridge is a possibility but since there’s been a Tesla pin there for a while I would have thought it would be regularly checked out by hopeful owners. I reckon it takes a month minimum for a site to come online once groundworks commence. Definitely worth a look though!

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
The FB group has received word from Tesla that Rugby is not the site in question (which pleases me as I’d regard it as “already spotted”).
They seem to imply it’s more like Wyboston which was in plain view in a car park and days away from going live when it was spotted by a forumite.

Ferrybridge is a possibility but since there’s been a Tesla pin there for a while I would have thought it would be regularly checked out by hopeful owners. I reckon it takes a month minimum for a site to come online once groundworks commence. Definitely worth a look though!
Could it be hiding in plain sight like one of the sites that was started but stalled so long ago people gave up checking like woodall North. I know that one was even taken off the map so probably not but I can still dream

Could it be hiding in plain sight like one of the sites that was started but stalled so long ago people gave up checking like woodall North. I know that one was even taken off the map so probably not but I can still dream
Definitely not Woodall North, Moto Peartree or LFE N/S. I check them twice a week on my weekly commute :oops:
Will swing by Ferrybridge next few days unless someone beats me to it

Reactions: cezdoc