Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The actual regs are unequivocal.

The web page is above is not the actual regulation, but a digestible summary - as the title suggests - it is merely 'guidance'.

"You should read this guidance alongside the regulations."

Actual regulation below:

PART 2

Payment requirements

Contactless payment

5.—(1) For a new public charge point with a power of 8 kilowatts or above, a charge point operator must, within one year from the date on which these Regulations come into force, ensure that a person using that charge point is able to pay by contactless payment to charge an electric vehicle.

(2) For a rapid charge point in operation before the date on which these Regulations come into force, a charge point operator must, within one year from the date on which these Regulations come into force, ensure that a person using that charge point is able to pay by contactless payment to charge an electric vehicle.

(3) Where an existing charge point becomes a public charge point after the coming into force of these Regulations, a charge point operator must, within one year from the date on which the charge point becomes a public charge point, ensure that a person using that charge point is able to pay by contactless payment to charge an electric vehicle.

(4) In this regulation—

(a)“contactless payment” means a payment made at a contactless payment terminal using the contactless payment facility of a payment card that does not require the payer to have entered into a pre-existing contract with the charge point operator;

(b)“existing charge point” means a charge point with a power of 8 kilowatts or above in operation before these Regulations come into force;

(c)“new public charge point” means a public charge point installed after the coming into force of these Regulations.

Following the above post I think this discussion is now pretty much over!

This is the best site for roadworks in Scotland: Scottish Road Works Online

Shame this info isn’t sent to the car’s navigation system automatically. A lot of people will arrive at the junction unaware that they would have been better off exiting a junction earlier…
Thanks for that site reference. This seems to be what is says:

IMG_4721.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc
Does anyone know if the Destination Chargers are still in action at Denbies Wine Estate in Dorking? ZapMap/Plugshare have them listed, on Street View I can see them attached to some wooden post next to what appears to be a relatively new SC site, but Tesla doesn't list them.

We're there for a wedding in a few weeks so it would be good to know if I can charge FOC or if i'll need to use the SC's.