Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this has been posted but the good folk of Bradford are getting a 16 x v4 SuC at Cedar court at the end of M606 taken from the ToC UK twitter feed:-

That'll be a good addition and save me stopping at the god forsaken Hartshead Moor Eastbound services on my regular trips from Dublin to Leeds.

The Leeds SuC location is good but its a pain being right on the outskirts of the city which can be a nightmare at busy times.

Could someone confirm this please? Not sure if implying the stalls are being swapped out or a Random comment

IMG_4507.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Buckminster
I think the ponies in that picture are identical to the ones in the photo just above from Reading - only difference is the trench has been back-filled.
It looks to me like the squarer square ponies are all ending up as V4 stalls - based on what I've seen in pictures so far from Tottenham, Reading Burghfield, Kingsley Village and Truro Treliske (which all now have V4 stalls).

Reactions: petit_bateau
Latest TOGUK SuC sheet if interested to review. Some differences in info on there, like Ipswich.

• Helpful
Reactions: cezdoc
Sounds like Woodall is back on the cards!! Hearing 66 kV double circuit infrastructure is being put in for support of “massive EV charging spot at the services”, towards the end of the year!

Current planning expires in July 2021 so might be some activity soon to keep it active.

Everything points at Woodall North going ahead later in the year - with power supply upgrade work by the DNO starting starting late autumn.

Southbound upgrade could be a a side project as a result of the upcoming power supply upgrade. But no evidence. Purely speculative.

Update on Woodall Northbound. Nearest substation is Kiveton Park and DNO upgrade work at that site to the Services has slipped from Autumn 2021 to now starting June 2022 due to contractual issues. :rolleyes:

DNO work at Leeds Orbital Road / Thorpe Park (East Leeds marker) is also due to finished mid-September 2021. (Which aligns with Tesla’s Q3 2021 target).

I’ve got it on good authority that enabling works by NPG (supply increase) are being completed in June 2022 for Woodall’s new chargers. Should have been Autumn 2021 but contractual issues have made the timeline slip.

Before this is done there will be no V2 or V3 increases as power is already at grid capacity
Still confident on Woodall services. Bit of public evidence to support the upgrade works (first discussed in 2021!).. latest news as of a few weeks ago. Road closures booked as per link below

A total of 14 projects in 17 locations across the network operators region are set to benefit

1693516367266.jpeg

Last edited:
Theory means Tretham could become a mix of V3 and V4… or are they too chamfered?
This will be a good test of the theory. The new Trentham stall bases definitely look like the new squarer type, but having a mix of V3 & V4 on the same site could be messy/confusing if they are all then made available to non-Teslas. But surely a site like Trentham would want to be open for use by all EVs (I’m surprised it hasn’t already been opened up).
Let’s see what happens…

Reactions: CMc1
Does anyone have an invoice via the app from Tottenham? Just want to see if 250 kW is noted there too under the stall serial number…
The QR code takes you to a web receipt page with the basic summary info (date/time, duration, energy delivered, charging fees and documents).

The link here from ‘documents’ opens a more detailed PDF (VAT receipt) with the location of the site and the charge point serial number and next to that it says “ / 250 kW DC”

The QR code takes you to a web receipt page with the basic summary info (date/time, duration, energy delivered, charging fees and documents).

The link here from ‘documents’ opens a more detailed PDF (VAT receipt) with the location of the site and the charge point serial number and next to that it says “ / 250 kW DC”
Thanks for confirming. I suspected they may have hinted at other capabilities within there. (They hinted at higher rates during previous demos “250 kW+” and prior to V4 being public.

FYI You can also find invoices (as well as rate last charge) in the Tesla app via
Profile > Account > charging > history > click the session > invoice

Reactions: Sean.
Thanks for confirming. I suspected they may have hinted at other capabilities within there. (They hinted at higher rates during previous demos “250 kW+” and prior to V4 being public.

FYI You can also find invoices (as well as rate last charge) in the Tesla app via
Profile > Account > charging > history > click the session > invoice
I looked at the cabinet rating plates at Tottenham and they are firmly 250 kW to the post.

Now made in China rather that Buffalo, NY (as the posts still are). Post though are rated out to 1000 VDC.

IMG_2018.jpeg

IMG_1995.jpeg

IMG_1996.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc and arg