Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do the new longer cables allow a Tesla to also use the wrong stall to compensate? Maybe go in forwards and you can then pick the one on the other side?

<SlapsForehaed> ... in my defencing I've been backing in for many years now ...

So ... just paint the lines for a bay at the right hand end too and we are good. Except for the 1st car to arrive once all the bays are in use :)

Do the new longer cables allow a Tesla to also use the wrong stall to compensate? Maybe go in forwards and you can then pick the one on the other side?
Was having the same discussion in August when Tottenham opened and a chap over at SpeakEV tried with his model 3…

IMG_0001.jpeg

I couldn’t get it to reach on my model X either. Think it’s deliberate - the cable length - to limit “off side” charging on Tesla’s in this pedestal placement.

Was having the same discussion in August when Tottenham opened and a chap over at SpeakEV tried with his model 3…

View attachment 988114

I couldn’t get it to reach on my model X either. Think it’s deliberate - the cable length - to limit “off side” charging on Tesla’s in this pedestal placement.
It would reach if he drove in forwards

I agree charging options are not great but I’m not sure I agree it’s a priority for a significant number of ‘ultra rapid’ chargers - I just don’t see the need.

Destination charging makes the much sense, easier, cheaper and can be deployed more quickly at hotels, lodge parks, camp sites, public car parks etc.

The Lake District looks big, but really it is only ~45 miles across. The roads are relatively slow so you are not really going anywhere very quickly. The last thing I’d want to do when visiting Windermere is waste 25 mins waiting for the car to rapid charge…

I’m not saying no to supercharging in the lakes, it would be useful to some but prioritising more sites on the M6/A78M would have a bigger impact.
This is why I charged on the 11kw posts at the visitor center. Worked well while my daughter went on the adventure play park!

The last thing I’d want to do when visiting Windermere is waste 25 mins waiting for the car to rapid charge…

I see Windermere as the WC stop when going to Keswick on a nice day var Poorly Bridge.

Windermere is get a very large grid upgrade to enable electrify of the chain ferry (and I assume other boats) there is parking space near the transformer site.

(But personally I rather the charger are at Holehird Gardens.)

Isn’t it more the case that most rapid chargers, including Ionity(certainly the early ones) are standalone units and can’t share power between stalls. They are just AC in and DC out
As all chargers are software controled with upgradeable software it will be possible (by paying enough) to get any charger intergated with a systems that monitors/controls total site power usage.