Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s a losing battle if I ever heard one.
Yep, she drove to her boyfriend's three days ago, haven't seen her or the car since. I think she's worried I'll repossess it if she comes back 😄
When you win that must be classed as a hollow victory 😁
I'll let you know if I ever win! 😂
Same for me, Tesla gave me a 'delivery' date of 31st of March (which they've since pulled) so I sold my current car, it got picked up today. Unless they get their act together, I'll have to spend the next few weeks battling with the Wife over who gets her car (I think we all know who will win) and how we manage logistics with 2 young kids, should be fun!
Yeah, that's a real pain! At least I work from home so don't typically need to get anywhere! That battle is way worse than mine.

• Funny
Reactions: Exy1
How long ago did you order? I'm up to 14 days now without hearing a peep from Tesla.
"Used vehicles are located in our Service Centers across the country. Your delivery timeframe depends on a variety of factors including preparation time and transportation time, and may take around two to four weeks. When you place your order, the Tesla Delivery team will provide you with a more specific timeframe."

I just hope the second sentence is more accurate than the third!

Thanks for that. I just got my callback.

A very charming and cheerful person to speak to, but she had no information for me at all. She just said "used cars can take 2 to 4 weeks, and when we have news for you you'll find yourself receiving text messages from us."
Standard response, do you know where your car is currently? If you do, request them to get someone from there to ring you, they will give more info.

Thanks for that. I just got my callback.

A very charming and cheerful person to speak to, but she had no information for me at all. She just said "used cars can take 2 to 4 weeks, and when we have news for you you'll find yourself receiving text messages from us."
Yeah, I had similar yesterday afternoon. Lovely friendly chap, who once he had backed up from telling me my vehicle was still at Corby 'as it had quite a bit of work still to be done', told me it would be going to Birmingham in the next couple of weeks, but maybe earlier. Weirdly actually speaking to somebody who could see that it was in the system, even though he didn't really know, or didn't want to say, where it was actually up to, has put my mind at rest. I'm at least going to leave it for another couple of weeks before I chase again.

Reactions: AndyFov
I got a text yesterday saying 'Due to unforeseen circumstances' they have had to cancel my collection appointment on the 31st. I got on the chat straight away and they're saying there is a delay getting some 'minor cosmetic work' done, but they couldn't even give me an estimate of a new date. The guy on the chat promised to get back to me today, i'm not holding out much hope.
I’ve just been put in the same position! Delivery was meant to be tomorrow!

It's so infuriating, they shouldn't be handing out dates until the car is ready to go. I would have rather not had a date than have one, then have it taken away.
Yeah, I consider myself lucky that I'm not in that position. I would be really frustrated if that had happened, it's really not on and just makes a poor experience worse.

I just got an update from Tesla after requesting a callback.

The lady said that mine is 'one of a few cars' currently stuck in Corby, they are apparently having a carrier issues moving the cars from Corby -> Birmingham. I tried to get some idea of time scales and she said it 'could be up to a week', but take that with a very fine pinch of salt. Then it was the same message 'one of the team will contact you when you can collect'. :rolleyes:

I just got an update from Tesla after requesting a callback.

The lady said that mine is 'one of a few cars' currently stuck in Corby, they are apparently having a carrier issues moving the cars from Corby -> Birmingham. I tried to get some idea of time scales and she said it 'could be up to a week', but take that with a very fine pinch of salt. Then it was the same message 'one of the team will contact you when you can collect'. :rolleyes:
And I was told it was due to work needing done on the car although they couldn’t say what nor why there had been a confirmed date for over a week before that was pulled.

Sounds like we are all being fed nonsense.

For me they are simply focussing on other customer types before the financial year end.

Reactions: Matrel