Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk Homelink?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can those that have had there M3 delivered confirm it it comes with Homelink. I know they now charge for this feature but those that ordered before the change should hopefully still get this feature included.

We picked up our UK RHD Model 3 Long Range AWD with Premium Interior last Thursday and sadly it didn't come with HomeLink. We ordered the car on 10 May 2019 based on our reservation dated 2 Apr 2016.

There's an option to buy HomeLink for $300 at the web link below, but it only allows US Service Centres to be selected not UK ones. So it seems we are out of luck, which is disappointing.

Automatic Garage Opener

We picked up our UK RHD Model 3 Long Range AWD with Premium Interior last Thursday and sadly it didn't come with HomeLink. We ordered the car on 10 May 2019 based on our reservation dated 2 Apr 2016.

There's an option to buy HomeLink for $300 at the web link below, but it only allows US Service Centres to be selected not UK ones. So it seems we are out of luck, which is disappointing.

Automatic Garage Opener
As the HomeLink option was part of the Premium Interior specification when you ordered your car, you are entitled to it. It wasn’t discontinued on the Model 3 until 30th May.

I’d contact them and make a fuss.

Automatic Garage Opener
I have an email from tesla clearly stating that homelink comes with all premium upgrades on cars ordered before the 30 th of may so if you would like a copy I can send it to you don’t take any nonsense from your service centre if I don’t get this feature shortly a visit through the small claims court will solve the issue and hopefully into the press I informed them back in June about this issue before I took delivery they are just telling us all lies and not giving us any estimated delivery times which legaly they are bound by will visit the small claims court this week to lodge quite a few complaints about Tesla and hopefully get them moving in a direction towards the customer

Last edited:
As a result of the price reduction at the time, on 31 May I upgraded my order from LR AWD to a P+. I had expected to have HomeLink as part of the premium interior package, and would not have noticed it was removed from the premium interior package description when I requested the upgrade. However, because I benefitted from the reduced pricing I would be fine being charged for HomeLink if it were now offered as an add-on.

As a result of the price reduction at the time, on 31 May I upgraded my order from LR AWD to a P+. I had expected to have HomeLink as part of the premium interior package, and would not have noticed it was removed from the premium interior package description when I requested the upgrade. However, because I benefitted from the reduced pricing I would be fine being charged for HomeLink if it were now offered as an add-on.

You can get it now. £270. Contact service and they will order it for you. A ranger can come around and install it.

I have an email from tesla clearly stating that homelink comes with all premium upgrades on cars ordered before the 30 th of may so if you would like a copy I can send it to you don’t take any nonsense from your service centre if I don’t get this feature shortly a visit through the small claims court will solve the issue and hopefully into the press I informed them back in June about this issue before I took delivery they are just telling us all lies and not giving us any estimated delivery times which legaly they are bound by will visit the small claims court this week to lodge quite a few complaints about Tesla and hopefully get them moving in a direction towards the customer
Lots of us ordered 1 may so I would be interested in seeing how this goes

As the HomeLink option was part of the Premium Interior specification when you ordered your car, you are entitled to it. It wasn’t discontinued on the Model 3 until 30th May. I’d contact them and make a fuss.

Thanks for your encouragement Roy! I have sent a message through the app so I hope they respond positively. Did you receive your car with HomeLink already installed?

Thanks Stag! That's very kind of you. I'll get back to you if needed ;)

You can get it now. £270. Contact service and they will order it for you. A ranger can come around and install it.

It's great to hear that HomeLink is definitely available as a retrofit. Actually I don't think that's too bad a price considering the time and trouble of doing the work, and the convenience it brings. Now the only question is whether Tesla will waive the charge for cars ordered before 30 May. We'll wait and see...

Reactions: Roy W.
Thanks for your encouragement Roy! I have sent a message through the app so I hope they respond positively. Did you receive your car with HomeLink already installed?
No, it wasn’t installed when I got the car. I did mention it to several people at the handover, but didn’t really get anywhere.

I also had a few paint issues which I needed to book in for, so when I requested a service appointment in the app I also mentioned the missing HomeLink. A few days later I got an email from a service rep confirming the appointment, and saying that HomeLink has never been available on UK spec cars. He also attached a screenshot of the spec page. I replied with the date range when it was included, and sent my own screenshot of the original spec, which clearly stated “Location-aware garage door opener”. Service guy said he would investigate and get back to me.

About 10 days later I got another email, saying that they had agreed to fit HomeLink free of charge, and that the parts were on order, no ETA.

At the moment that appointment is set for 18 September, but I assume it’ll get knocked back until the parts arrive. I’ll keep you all posted.

No, it wasn’t installed when I got the car. I did mention it to several people at the handover, but didn’t really get anywhere.

I also had a few paint issues which I needed to book in for, so when I requested a service appointment in the app I also mentioned the missing HomeLink. A few days later I got an email from a service rep confirming the appointment, and saying that HomeLink has never been available on UK spec cars. He also attached a screenshot of the spec page. I replied with the date range when it was included, and sent my own screenshot of the original spec, which clearly stated “Location-aware garage door opener”. Service guy said he would investigate and get back to me.

About 10 days later I got another email, saying that they had agreed to fit HomeLink free of charge, and that the parts were on order, no ETA.

At the moment that appointment is set for 18 September, but I assume it’ll get knocked back until the parts arrive. I’ll keep you all posted.

Wow thanks Roy, that's a great story so far! Here's hoping for a happy ending to it. That's a potentially valuable screenshot you took :). Looking forward to hearing your updates, like several others I expect.

Reactions: Roy W.

Do you have a screen shot of the original spec that shows the homelink.