Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk enhanced autopilot changed??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am pretty sure a month ago when I checked this is the app to purchase summon and smart summon were included but now some features have regressed to Coming Soon.

Has anyone else seen this or can confirm?

My MYLR has USS so not sure why summon and auto park would be removed from availability

Attachments

• IMG_8054.png
    IMG_8054.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Solar Windman
I am pretty sure a month ago when I checked this is the app to purchase summon and smart summon were included but now some features have regressed to Coming Soon.

Has anyone else seen this or can confirm?

My MYLR has USS so not sure why summon and auto park would be removed from availability
Perhaps the app just doesn’t differentiate between USS and non-USS cars when it comes to listing the option as an upgrade, since it’s available to everyone.

I have EAP. It has exactly two practical uses:

1. Being able to do a motorway journey without a non-stop bing-bong bong-bing bing-bong (repeat until crazy) as you change lanes.
2. Being able to put the car in a space slightly too small (although you basically have to be standing on top of the car to do this).

For £3,400 it's a rip-off. You can pay an additional £5/month and get a better implementation with Ford Bluecruise. The irony is that Tesla think they're going to licence Autopilot to other manufacturers, when I wish they'd take the Ford system and use that - smooth, accurate, happily passes traffic on the left when it's busy, doesn't panic brake for other vehicles, and if you flick the indicator on to change lanes it handles it SO smoothly and accelerates towards the car in front to help you pull out. You don't realise how erratic Tesla Vision is until you drive another car.

On the other hand ever other manufacturer is five years behind Tesla - at least - from a powertrain perspective.

I have EAP. It has exactly two practical uses:

1. Being able to do a motorway journey without a non-stop bing-bong bong-bing bing-bong (repeat until crazy) as you change lanes.
2. Being able to put the car in a space slightly too small (although you basically have to be standing on top of the car to do this).

For £3,400 it's a rip-off. You can pay an additional £5/month and get a better implementation with Ford Bluecruise. The irony is that Tesla think they're going to licence Autopilot to other manufacturers, when I wish they'd take the Ford system and use that - smooth, accurate, happily passes traffic on the left when it's busy, doesn't panic brake for other vehicles, and if you flick the indicator on to change lanes it handles it SO smoothly and accelerates towards the car in front to help you pull out. You don't realise how erratic Tesla Vision is until you drive another car.

On the other hand ever other manufacturer is five years behind Tesla - at least - from a powertrain perspective.
Not doubting any of that.

It’s more the case that the offering has changed in the app.

£3400 would get all the features.
Now the upgrade is same price but many are listed as coming soon.

They were previously available, why has it changed is the query.

Not doubting any of that.

It’s more the case that the offering has changed in the app.

£3400 would get all the features.
Now the upgrade is same price but many are listed as coming soon.

They were previously available, why has it changed is the query.
I would assume its because those features they have changed to "coming soon" don't actually work properly since they removed USS ( its arguable that they worked before tbh) and they are probably getting sued by people.

Even if I think Summon and Autopark are crap, I dare Tesla to try and remove those specific features I've paid extra for...
Try looking at your centre screen for a few seconds while in AP....Do this 5 times with no reset timeframe, and they will take AP away from you for a week, even though this feature is a standard feature of the car.

Tesla : We moved all controls to the centre screen.

Also Tesla if you actually look at the centre screen for 2 seconds : LOOK AT THE ROAD NOW, DONT LOOK A THE SCREEN....

Reactions: Cooker
Try looking at your centre screen for a few seconds while in AP....Do this 5 times with no reset timeframe, and they will take AP away from you for a week, even though this feature is a standard feature of the car.

Tesla : We moved all controls to the centre screen.

Also Tesla if you actually look at the centre screen for 2 seconds : LOOK AT THE ROAD NOW, DONT LOOK A THE SCREEN....
Just stick a bit of blue-tack on the camera!

Just stick a bit of blue-tack on the camera!
Yeah i have bought and installed one of those laptop camera shutters so i can block the camera or not.

Problem is....When the camera is blocked the car seems to be even more aggressive if it thinks i am not holding the steering wheel.

Normally it does the blue flashing screen but with the camera blocked atleast in my car i more often get the "BEEP BEEP" with the small red hands on steering wheel alert, which is annoying and cuts the music in the car for a second or 2.

I usually cover the camera if i need to look at the navigation for some reason, it is very aggressive in letting me know i can not look at that.

I’ve had the occasional “pay attention to the road” warning when digging deeper into the navigation than I should have done, but very rarely and never to the extent of being locked out (whether for the one drive or a week).

I do 99% of my driving with Autopilot engaged so your car either has a faulty / misaligned camera, or you’re genuinely taking your eyes off the road for a significant amount of time.

Reactions: Durzel