Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK / London - Model X - anyone out there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've ordered a P90D in the last couple of weeks. Mostly fully spec'd but w/o Ludicrous.
The website said Feb 2017, although I am taking that with a grain of salt

I don't know if there are other Britons meandering around on these forums but if so, I would be interested to know:

1. What did you order?
2. Anyone expecting delivery soon, or even this year. If so, when did you order?
3. Insurance seems pretty steep - we've tried 3 places so far and all were almost 3x our current quote (for an Audi RS6)

Thanks for any responses....

Not ordered yet, will be heading to Bluewater this weekend to look at one. If we do it'll be a P60.

Did you see one before ordering?

3x what you paid for an RS6 sounds mental, have you tried any of the online comparison sites?

I ordered white colour 90D 22" black wheels. I can't decide colour either black, white or midnight silver. I like midnight silver but white will be more eyes catching. May be i will change the colour later before the cooling off period. The white colour MX in weybridge showroom is so cool. Initially i can't decide between a range rover or Model X.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not ordered yet, will be heading to Bluewater this weekend to look at one. If we do it'll be a P60.

Did you see one before ordering?

3x what you paid for an RS6 sounds mental, have you tried any of the online comparison sites?
Yes we saw one in London. They are beautiful.
Still trying the comparison sites - many don't have the x listed yet (I used S as a proxy) but I think it is the car value that is doing it. There are a couple of lower quoted using the black box things they put in your car - for 3 months - but I don't like that idea. Will keep looking

I ordered white colour 90D 22" black wheels. I can't decide colour either black, white or midnight silver. I like midnight silver but white will be more eyes catching. May be i will change the colour later before the cooling off period. The white colour MX in weybridge showroom is so cool. Initially i can't decide between a range rover or Model X.
Cool - good luck on your colour choice. White is striking. Black a little too 'addlee' for me. Much much cooler than a Range Rover in my opinion.

Ordered fully loaded P90DL with 6 seats. (pearl white, 22" onyx black wheels)
emailed my DS yesterday regarding he 100kWh upgrade.
reserved last October 2015. Designed and confirmed order end of June (25th)
Delivery estimate is end of the year. not holding my breath though. Yet would be good to go to ski with the car.

cheers

I fancy white myself, will see what the wife thinks. For us it's between this and the XC90 T8, I don't really like the idea of hybrids (2 sets of powertrain just seems so wrong) but the XC90 is a LOT cheaper. If I had the budget I'd go for P90/P100 for the extra range.

Has anyone seen an X without the premium upgrade package?

Yup - reserved end Feb, ordered the first day orders were allowed in the UK. P90DL 7-seats with everything apart from the fact I'm going with 20" wheels.
Currently being told delivery estimate early 2017...

Just spoken to sales team to follow up on my mail request last night to upgrade to P100DL.

Yup - reserved end Feb, ordered the first day orders were allowed in the UK. P90DL 7-seats with everything apart from the fact I'm going with 20" wheels.
Currently being told delivery estimate early 2017...

Just spoken to sales team to follow up on my mail request last night to upgrade to P100DL.
I just did the same, but up from P90D to Ludicrous and then up to P100DL.... They were not able to give me a firm £GBP price on the 100kWh upgrade though ... I know it is $10k in the US but did they confirm to you what it was in th UK? My sales advisor gave me a number on email buy then rowed back and said his manager had told him not to commit. We will see.

Thoughts on this and if this means further delays likely?

I just did the same, but up from P90D to Ludicrous and then up to P100DL.... They were not able to give me a firm £GBP price on the 100kWh upgrade though ... I know it is $10k in the US but did they confirm to you what it was in th UK? My sales advisor gave me a number on email buy then rowed back and said his manager had told him not to commit. We will see.

If Tesla remains true to form, upgrading to 100kWh + Ludicrous will push your order to the front of the queue.

Nope, he was still waiting for the price to come through (it was only 9:30am), but assured me it would be done for me as soon as he could process it - I'm guessing it will be £7500 or thereabouts. I also asked if the adjustment would then mean I would also get hit by the AP and PUP price rises, but no answer yet.

As @vandacca says, I'm hoping being a fully specced P100DL will bring to top of queue, but who knows...? I hoped I was near the front anyway being a fully-specced P90DL!

Oh dear:

"Musk stated that P100D production would be limited at the start, noting that the manufacturing complexity of the 100 kWh battery pack is significantly greater than the current 90 kWh pack. "It gets exponentially harder to increase energy density," Musk said. He estimated initial production at 200 batteries per week.

Musk explained that the individual battery cells are the same, but cooling and support structures have been heavily modified. The external shape and size of the battery pack are unchanged, allowing battery upgrades for owners of existing P90D models."

Tesla Model S P100D Is the Quickest New Car You Can Buy, Doing 0-60 in 2.5 Seconds

Oh dear:

"Musk stated that P100D production would be limited at the start, noting that the manufacturing complexity of the 100 kWh battery pack is significantly greater than the current 90 kWh pack. "It gets exponentially harder to increase energy density," Musk said. He estimated initial production at 200 batteries per week.

Musk explained that the individual battery cells are the same, but cooling and support structures have been heavily modified. The external shape and size of the battery pack are unchanged, allowing battery upgrades for owners of existing P90D models."

Tesla Model S P100D Is the Quickest New Car You Can Buy, Doing 0-60 in 2.5 Seconds

Hmmm. Clinging to the hope that new production models will come before retrofits (higher margin). 200 a week means 3200 by end year. Does not seem like many, though .....

emailed my DS re the upgrade. No clear answer. they sat they will get back to me.
I guess they weren't brief prior to the announcement otherwise we would have gotten some clear instruction and pricing.

that said they haven't even started building any of our cars so I think timing wise we are hopefully fine...

Reactions: JayBeeBee