Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK / London - Model X - anyone out there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason the bike rack /accessory hitch option seems to have gone ... It was only £150 but I wonder why?

TBH I was going to order that as bikes is the only thing I would ever put on it. However, when I realised that once I had put bikes on it I would then need to add a light bar and the accessory hitch didn't come with the socket for that, I upgraded to full towbar...

TBH I was going to order that as bikes is the only thing I would ever put on it. However, when I realised that once I had put bikes on it I would then need to add a light bar and the accessory hitch didn't come with the socket for that, I upgraded to full towbar...
Ah. I have 3 small kids so was just future proofing in case they wanted to take bikes around.... What is a 'light bar'?

Ah. I have 3 small kids so was just future proofing in case they wanted to take bikes around.... What is a 'light bar'?

Sorry, I meant lighting board.

A board with your registration plate and lights on it, like you would have on the back of a trailer. If your registration plate or rear lights are obscured by the bikes in any way then legally you should have one.

Halfords Cycle Carrier Lighting Board

Hi guys,

I have just noticed that autopilot has gone up by £400 overnight? I have spoken to my DS and even though they have not had an official update from Tesla they are guessing that this will include the new updates. Sounds like good news for the guys like me who are expecting delivery early next year............

Has anyone else got any info on this they can share with the group?

Hi Folks - sorry late onto this thread.
I reserved in early December '15, have been told delivery December '16..but that's obviously Tesla time.
Ordered on 24/06 a 75D Midnight Silver, Black Leather, 6 Seats, 20", AP, PUP, UHFS...couldn't personally justify spending the extra on the 90s/100s/Performance etc. as most of my driving is in London.
Love the car (even though not driven it), my only concern being a Londoner is the width of the thing on London roads/width restrictions, it's giving me sleepless nights at the moment because apart from that it's the perfect car!
Have previously had a BMW X6 and currently in a Porsche Macan, width of the X6 was just about manageable and this is wider! Might have to factor in full wheel refurb every month!

Hi Macca, I am in at Leeds to look at the model X on Sunday so I'm will ask the question and report back , in the meantime let me know if you get any news from your DS.
Sorry am away so delayed looking at the forums - good luck tomorrow hope it goes well - FYI we went / have gone midnight sliver (I think that it what it is called - like a dark deep grey colour) with white seats

Sorry am away so delayed looking at the forums - good luck tomorrow hope it goes well - FYI we went / have gone midnight sliver (I think that it what it is called - like a dark deep grey colour) with white seats
No news from my DS regarding the hitch still waiting for her to come back to me. I am test driving on the 10th so it will be interesting to compare to the MS. Having seen one in the flesh I was absolutely blown away by the quality of trim and just how cool it looks.Looking forward to trying the valet parking function which should be fun!!
Just changed to met black with white seats before the deadline , trying to choose colour was proving significantly more difficult than the initial decision on the purchase of the car!!

Hi Macca, I am in at Leeds to look at the model X on Sunday so I'm will ask the question and report back , in the meantime let me know if you get any news from your DS.
I spoke with my DS. He said if you had already ordered the accessory hitch (£150) then they would honour that, but that for subsequent orders its not an option and you need to go for the fuller tow-bar thing. Not sure why, but that's the position.

Reactions: Tanflado
i have officially upgraded my order to P100DL.
The price tag hurts my eyes.

Time for Tesla to start producing those RHD cars for us!
I upgraded also....price hurts. But it was already high, so felt less painful.

Any idea when the cars will hit the UK? I see Europe is starting to get deliveries, but again LHD. Have to think the P100DLs might get some advantage in the queue due to margin and the marketing /PR bump of seeing them first on the road in UK

I spoke with my DS. He said if you had already ordered the accessory hitch (£150) then they would honour that, but that for subsequent orders its not an option and you need to go for the fuller tow-bar thing. Not sure why, but that's the position.
Cool, thanks for the heads up . Sounds like I ordered it just in time.....!
My wife and I have just been looking at the dimensions of the MX and blimey it's bloody massive, makes my Previous VW Toureg look small in comparison! Glad it can self park..............
Once again thanks for the discount voucher I upgraded to the matte obeche with it!! If your ever up in this neck of the woods (darlington) I clearly owe you a Beer or 20.........
Regards
Tanflado

Looked at one in Bluewater on Saturday It's blinking wide! Won't get through many width restrictions.

Must admit I'm a tiny bit worried getting into normal UK sized parking spaces, and driving around most UK towns will be tricky, no?

Last edited: