Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm being chased by Tesla today for my registration details for my P order. I fired straight back that I'm not going ahead unless they reduce the price in line with the recent revisions. I also want to drop the 20" performance upgrade now its optional and switch to a black interior if necessary (original order was for white interior, which I would still prefer, but black is fine too).

I can feel a cancellation looming! If I then end up at the back of the queue behind brand new orders who didn't have a previous reservation I might even just call it a day with the M3 idea. I don't like being messed around after such a long wait while giving them £3k to sit in their account. Significantly reducing the price after locking in original orders is not a reasonable way to do business. They should have allowed our orders to be updated online in light of such drastic changes. Maybe they think I'm stupid and would still be willing to pay £59k for the car now?

I don't like being messed around after such a long wait while giving them £3k to sit in their account. Significantly reducing the price after locking in original orders is not a reasonable way to do business.

You're not locked in (unlike some of people who've ordered the Audi E-tron and are now getting very long delivery times quoted to them, with no way out that isn't going to cost them an arm and a leg). You can cancel (and reorder) at any time and your deposit is fully refundable.

I can't charge at ... work

Might your employer offer than? We are putting in 10 chargers at work (mine is the only EV currently ... some employees are talking about it ... but there are only 40 people that work on that site). Government is picking up 50% of installation cost ... and, in Scotland, I think grants for that sort of thing are far more readily available. My company also quite likes to publicise what it is doing on the Eco front, so an Upside for employer there too ...

But as with all these tings: some homes have no off-street parking / at-home charging opportunity, and some work car parks will be "difficult" to convert too.

Just got an email back regarding switching from AWD to P - they said they will place a new order and I will have to pay the current price for FSD.

That's a shame since I had a early reservation. Probably worth waiting a few more weeks though.

I'm still not sure what P- bring over LR AWD though apart from slightly quicker acceleration?

Slightly quicker acceleration is a bit of an understatement!

While you might not personally want or need the extra performance, it is still very significant in this case. While the LR AWD is a quick car in its own right, the P is well into supercar territory (at least up to around 100 mph). It's like going from a BMW 340i to an M3 in terms of acceleration (except the Tesla is quicker in both cases!).

Now that Tesla are practically giving away the extra performance of the P model it is a no-brainer for me. With the original pricing differential I could see the point in ordering a LR AWD to save a pot of money, but not anymore at these new prices. I think that's why they've dropped the LR AWD option completely. There's hardly any point unless they make it significantly cheaper than the P version. The P model is now extremely competitive against its ICE competitors, especially when you take running costs into account.

You're not locked in (unlike some of people who've ordered the Audi E-tron and are now getting very long delivery times quoted to them, with no way out that isn't going to cost them an arm and a leg). You can cancel (and reorder) at any time and your deposit is fully refundable.

Yeah I know I have the option to cancel and get my money back (thank goodness!), but nevertheless my current order is still locked in. As in I can't change it myself at this point. So I can't take advantage of either the lower pricing or spec options as it stands.

It's basically been a total waste of my time and money reserving a car that is now completely pointless to proceed with in light of recent price and spec changes. Only a complete fool would continue with a current P+ order at £59k now the revised pricing and options are available. So anyone who wants a RHD P+ with white interior should be able to buy mine at some point shortly, presuming it's on its way!

The only way Tesla are going to redeem themselves now is to allow customers like me with original P+ orders to change to the revised specs and prices without dropping right to the back of the order queue. I can understand paying a small premium to get hold of one of the very first UK cars, but this is taking the piss!

I'll see what they say now I've replied to their registration request. Maybe they are just hoping people don't read the news and are oblivious to these price/spec changes.

Reactions: ediflyer
so you get a great saving on the performance model but have to pay £1k extra for FSD, that's not a bad deal

I think they should honour the original FSD pricing too considering it was an early reservation. Especially if the new order bumps them down the queue. Otherwise what was the point of the reservation? Tesla must have expected people to modify their orders in light of these drastic changes. It's not like a customer simply changing their mind at the last minute, that would be different. In this case it is Tesla being indecisive and making it almost impossible to justify the original order.

I believe for customers who order performance and black seats they have offered a reduction in price to match current pricing, not sure if they will do this for white seats as the option doesn’t exist any longer

That makes sense otherwise they face loads of order cancellations with such a significant price drop.

I would have thought it's pretty simple for white seats. Either apply the new pricing and add £950 for the option as it was before or if white seat cars don't actually exist then switch those orders to black seats at the reduced price.

Reactions: ediflyer