Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Model S/X LHD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they not honouring the order price or is it like the Model 3 reservations when it just got you on a so called priority list and specs and pricing changed significantly
In 2021 when the model X/S new orders stopped for a while they removed all pricing. Around that time I had an email from Tesla to say the price I had ordered at would be honoured aslong as I did not make any changes to the configuration. Currently my order has no option for editing on the website.

We’re contacting you regarding the timing of your Model X order.
As we ramp up production, launch timings for markets outside North America have been delayed. We will further update you on delivery timings through your Tesla Account as the production of your Model X approaches.
In order to expedite delivery of existing orders, including your Model X order, as much as possible we will for now no longer accept new orders for Model S and Model X in markets outside North America. Your Model X will continue to adhere to the price at the date of ordering unless you modify your Vehicle Configuration.
If you would like to apply your Order Fee to a different model or receive a full refund, request a call to speak directly with a Tesla Advisor.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team

Does anyone have any updates from Tesla on availability on MX in 2023?
Still no news. Best guess is "maybe" Q3, but thats a guess based on the 9 month lag to Europe we've had before. There are lots of LHD inventory cars in the US and Canada so maybe they'll bring dates forward, but its guess work

And then, even they do start delivering, you don't know where you are in the queue, and if a new order today it may be 3-6 months behind the first shipments, if you've an order already in, somewhere between the two.

But that all said, I'd probably be more accurate guessing the lottery numbers.

For all those waiting for the new model X/S like myself there seems to be some changes to the configurator this morning. Option to have a round steering wheel or yolk now being offered. Red brake callipers appear to be back for plaid models. Hopefully il have the option to change my 2021 plaid order for a round steering wheel 🤞 I’ve been following the EU delivery threads closely and customers now have the refreshed models so hopefully UK customers should have their orders completed this year. 🤩
Hi there do you have a VIN number I only have am order agreement order placed Aug 2021 At what point to I get to choose the new option of the wheel if I decide to go that route ?

Hi there do you have a VIN number I only have am order agreement order placed Aug 2021 At what point to I get to choose the new option of the wheel if I decide to go that route ?
I also only have the RN order number, placed July 2021. The yoke wheel is listed in the features but at that time there was no alternative. I’m hoping closer to the time of shipment we will be allowed to make that change without affecting our agreed price. When I did order I do remember there being the 7 seat option aswell so that must of changed for some people.
390C7FCA-409D-4AF4-BEFD-18024475D087.png

I also only have the RN order number, placed July 2021. The yoke wheel is listed in the features but at that time there was no alternative. I’m hoping closer to the time of shipment we will be allowed to make that change without affecting our agreed price. When I did order I do remember there being the 7 seat option aswell so that must of changed for some people.
View attachment 902090
Thanks for the update ...still undecided with regards the yoke as I kind of like the idea of learning how to use it. Trying to get info from Tesla is pretty difficult I'm hoping it wont be the same once we have delivery and really need assistance/help, however I opted for 5 seat config so do you think I will be charged for 6 seat as this is now the only option available for the plaid. Was also concerns about the build quality of the X's but just notice that Tesla may be using robots to ensure better QC ...https://insideevs.com/news/632530/tesla-automated-quality-control-fremont/ :)

In 2021 when the model X/S new orders stopped for a while they removed all pricing. Around that time I had an email from Tesla to say the price I had ordered at would be honoured aslong as I did not make any changes to the configuration. Currently my order has no option for editing on the website.

We’re contacting you regarding the timing of your Model X order.

As we ramp up production, launch timings for markets outside North America have been delayed. We will further update you on delivery timings through your Tesla Account as the production of your Model X approaches.

In order to expedite delivery of existing orders, including your Model X order, as much as possible we will for now no longer accept new orders for Model S and Model X in markets outside North America. Your Model X will continue to adhere to the price at the date of ordering unless you modify your Vehicle Configuration.

If you would like to apply your Order Fee to a different model or receive a full refund, request a call to speak directly with a Tesla Advisor.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Regards,
The Tesla Team
Hi Help me out here, when I ordered my MXP there was the option of 5, 6, or 7 seat I went for the 5 seat as the Plaid is now only offered with 6 will they cancel my order !? :-(

I think if they were going to cancel the order they would probably have notified you by now, hopefully they just move your order to the 6 seater as you haven’t changed your model choice. I’ve also been looking at the reliability especially the recent EU deliveries and in the US, and it does seem to be the case of if the car has issues it has many, and if not it doesn’t have any. I believe Elon himself has said in the past don’t get a Tesla during production ramp up as quality can be affected so I’m hoping by the time they come round to the UK deliveries they will be stable. I also think all this waiting has worked in our advantage ie the larger rear screen, potential round steering wheel, improved brakes, new styling and who knows maybe even matrix headlights by the time we get our cars 😁

I think if they were going to cancel the order they would probably have notified you by now, hopefully they just move your order to the 6 seater as you haven’t changed your model choice. I’ve also been looking at the reliability especially the recent EU deliveries and in the US, and it does seem to be the case of if the car has issues it has many, and if not it doesn’t have any. I believe Elon himself has said in the past don’t get a Tesla during production ramp up as quality can be affected so I’m hoping by the time they come round to the UK deliveries they will be stable. I also think all this waiting has worked in our advantage ie the larger rear screen, potential round steering wheel, improved brakes, new styling and who knows maybe even matrix headlights by the time we get our cars 😁
The EU cars do have the matrix headlights. Hence I assume, so will we. Oddly no review seems to mention the 30-40 mph vibration on the Palladium models that's reported in several threads.