Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Model S/X LHD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’re becoming tiresome trying to cause an argument.
It must be the weather as you've a few people trying to pick an unreasonable argument when they're told something they don't want to hear. I get the same at work. as Brits we want a good summer and then nobody can stand the heat.

There was a glitch when Tesla sent out text messages earlier in the year but it does seems that deliveries may be due to start in Europe. As you pointed out inventory cars do frequently appear in the US so a slice of production can now be earmarked for export. But I'm very very doubtful to the UK. As anybody who's followed the launch of any Tesla Model into Europe knows, the UK trails well behind the LHD market. So even if we did see some Q4 EU deliveries, we're probably back end of next year before we get them here.

You’re becoming tiresome trying to cause an argument. You still can’t get a price in the UK, and every configuration I tried in Germany said 2023.
If that’s seen as argumentative to you, so be it, I’m just trying to tell you what the new information DIRECTLY FROM TESLA is here rather than your outdated hearsay.

You're tried to make a brand new order today and expecting it delivered in a few months? okaaaaaay!!

• Disagree
Reactions: DrJFoster
You're tried to make a brand new order today and expecting it delivered in a few months? okaaaaaay!!
You're off again. You're the one that posted a screenshot of the configurator saying orders would be delivered from Dec 2022. If you've ever used the configurator before, that date is the expected delivery date for when new orders are placed, not when existing orders might be delivered. That's partly why few really believe it as being meaningful info at the moment.

CF52C743-CE61-4AE1-844E-07C8D322D8AE.png

CDEB10E0-E433-481A-BE5C-9FA709350937.png

Just for giggles… (I’d be amazed if it was otherwise)

If you believe the configurator, in Germany you can get a new MS quicker than a new M3

You're off again. You're the one that posted a screenshot of the configurator saying orders would be delivered from Dec 2022. If you've ever used the configurator before, that date is the expected delivery date for when new orders are placed, not when existing orders might be delivered. That's partly why few really believe it as being meaningful info at the moment.
Yes! Well done!
Ergo it stands to reason that existing orders will be delivered before Dec '22

Does anyone know if there are any RHD model S's out in the real world yet?
None that I’m aware of.

LHD are in US, Canada and Mexico, and one’s been spotted in China ahead of customer deliveries.

Strong rumours Europe will also be getting some LHD but so far none seen. I’m sure we’ll hear a lot when the first cars actually arrive in Europe.

Anyone hoping some of the 7,250 S/X that are due in Europe from October '22 are Plaid X and arriving in the UK?
If Fremont makes 933 Plaid x per month out of 4,333 S&X ie 22% of production then technically of the 7250 arriving then 1559 "should" be plaid X's but divided by Europe then Uk = 10% of that? 156 Plaid X arriving in UK in Q4??
Clearly lots of variables but can you estimate better?
This was your prediction - yet none arrived in Oct or Nov, and none in the U.K. at all this year which I told you wouldn’t happen.

Just to add, not only are we not seeing UK deliveries, Model S and X order holders are currently being rung up asking them to switch their orders to Model Y and being told their owrders are unlikely to be fulfilled until the end of 2023, so it may well be a year behind your speculation.

For all those waiting for the new model X/S like myself there seems to be some changes to the configurator this morning. Option to have a round steering wheel or yolk now being offered. Red brake callipers appear to be back for plaid models. Hopefully il have the option to change my 2021 plaid order for a round steering wheel 🤞 I’ve been following the EU delivery threads closely and customers now have the refreshed models so hopefully UK customers should have their orders completed this year. 🤩

Hopefully il have the option to change my 2021 plaid order for a round steering wheel 🤞
From experience, just be wary of any price adjustments that may have occurred since ordering. A spec change has in the past triggered a whole order current book value repricing, so a minor tweak has the potential to cause a big price hike. We got hit by this when we added a tow bar to the order and lost the early FSD discount. Downward shifts are normally automatically adjusted and they will give lower of new order price or previous order price.

From experience, just be wary of any price adjustments that may have occurred since ordering. A spec change has in the past triggered a whole order current book value repricing, so a minor tweak has the potential to cause a big price hike. We got hit by this when we added a tow bar to the order and lost the early FSD discount. Downward shifts are normally automatically adjusted and they will give lower of new order price or previous order price.
Thanks for the heads up, if it did come down to paying significantly more for the round steering wheel then I would leave it at my current price and stick with the yolk, its also difficult to get an idea of what the prices will be when they are re-instated but basing it on the EU prices I think it will be significantly more than what I ordered in 2021.