Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Model S/X LHD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think if they were going to cancel the order they would probably have notified you by now, hopefully they just move your order to the 6 seater as you haven’t changed your model choice. I’ve also been looking at the reliability especially the recent EU deliveries and in the US, and it does seem to be the case of if the car has issues it has many, and if not it doesn’t have any. I believe Elon himself has said in the past don’t get a Tesla during production ramp up as quality can be affected so I’m hoping by the time they come round to the UK deliveries they will be stable. I also think all this waiting has worked in our advantage ie the larger rear screen, potential round steering wheel, improved brakes, new styling and who knows maybe even matrix headlights by the time we get our cars 😁
You're so right the delay has helped in that respect! even with all the negative elements I so want to love Tesla as it will be my first EV and excited to try one! ...hopefully we will start to hear more positive views from the EU guys :)

You're so right the delay has helped in that respect! even with all the negative elements I so want to love Tesla as it will be my first EV and excited to try one! ...hopefully we will start to hear more positive views from the EU guys :)
I order yoke on my MSplaid, but would like to change, since I have a yoke on my M3P. I have found it awkward, only good for going straight, or curves, not for everyday driving.

I order yoke on my MSplaid, but would like to change, since I have a yoke on my M3P. I have found it awkward, only good for going straight, or curves, not for everyday driving.
I fear you could be right! there are many roundabouts where I live and the yoke could be a problem but many have said they got the hang of it pretty quickly and would not go back to the wheel!....the main issue reported seems to be with the indictors being on both the wheel and the yoke ....I'm still undecided hoping I get the chance to try the yoke before my delivery. How long have you been driving with the yoke...and did it get any easier?

They do the Yoke part I guess as it looks cool but say so it gives you an unrestricted view of the display behind. Do others have issues with this as honestly I never have done, can align the wheel so I can see it just fine in a straight just like I imagine the yoke would be. It's solving a problem that didn't need solving if you ask me, as the problem doesn't exist.

They do the Yoke part I guess as it looks cool but say so it gives you an unrestricted view of the display behind. Do others have issues with this as honestly I never have done, can align the wheel so I can see it just fine in a straight just like I imagine the yoke would be. It's solving a problem that didn't need solving if you ask me, as the problem doesn't exist.
Have never had an issue with visibility of the binnacle display. Unsurprisingly as the car has adjustable steering and seats like anything else.

A HUD option would be useful

I'm very tall and do have to compromise on my ideal driving position to avoid obscuring the top of the binnacle display with the top of the wheel. Can't say i fancy the yolk with the turning ratio although I could live with it..but I won't consider the car without stalks.
Mine had a minor ding and I've been mostly using my ancient car but did borrow my wife's Crashcart Quasquai recently... I hadn't driven it beyond the test drive when she bought it but was intuitively able to adjust lights for rural single track, adjust wipers, turn down the radio all at night just by feel. Even familiar in my S I often have to stop on rural single track to adjust stuff 'cos you can't take your eyes off those roads - OK on roads where you can trust TACC for a few seconds or where there's enough mobile signal to use voice - rare around here.

Have never had an issue with visibility of the binnacle display. Unsurprisingly as the car has adjustable steering and seats like anything else.

A HUD option would be useful
Yes a HUD is the proper answer to this problem, not that it's much of a problem but a HUD keeps your eyes looking at the road the most. It's the best solution and not that expensive to put in, lots of cars have them these days.

Reactions: Sean.
I’ve started to go off the Plaid gear selection approach lately and indicator control that moves with steering yoke/wheel. See owners perform 3+ turn manouevures or trying to switch indication when exiting a roundabout on 3rd+ exit. Just another of those things to be overlooked for the performance?

Reactions: Leytonstone
Shipping thread (although I'm not following it closely) was not seeing boats with MS/X heading for EU ... seems unlikely none are being shipped this quarter though ...

... but there is rumour of HW4 on MS/X ... maybe there is a production delay to get that incorporated ... either way, if it is imminent I will wait for that despite having decided my umpteenth mid-life crisis needs a Plaid ...

You’ll wait either way if it’s a RHD car you want seeing as they aren’t making any yet ;)

I was hoping the short lead times for Teslas in general and the news that they had spare S / X’s from first shipments in Norway I think it was as signs RHD could be soon. I suspect though the price drops could have pushed that back a bit as it stimulates demand again.

Bjorns YouTube (if you haven't seen it) was definitely not complimentary

BatteryLife seems happy with both Yoke and the indicators / gear selection. ("Its fine, if you need it fast yes a normal gear / stalk would be easier"). He was complimentary about the ride and how quiet it was (Germany, even driving at 100 mph) and charging speed (e.g. if @ Ionity/similar )