Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model Y LR battery size

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dazzap

Dec 14, 2021
UK
Now they're here did anyone with an ODB doofer and the right app measure the exact useable/max battery size?

I'm still hearing people say 75kWh and I've found the % displays in the car dont seem to tally that well with the number of kWh shown in the app because numbers are rounded up or down.

Doesnt really matter but would be nice to know.

Reactions: RichardTheKing
Finally got around to looking last night. Seems to be the 82kWh battery, with an artifical cap. This is for my UK - Model Y delivered Early March 2022

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 09.27.29.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 09.27.29.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 542
Reactions: thewanted
The MY LR in the UK has the BT43 battery, aka as the E5LD made by LG with 78.8kWh. This is different to the BT42 aka E3LD 82.1kWh battery made by Panasonic

I think US production uses different again although Texas is said to have now started deliveries with a different battery pack again.

The MY LR in the UK has the BT43 battery, aka as the E5LD made by LG with 78.8kWh. This is different to the BT42 aka E3LD 82.1kWh battery made by Panasonic

I think US production uses different again although Texas is said to have now started deliveries with a different battery pack again.
So does that tally with the screenshot above (as in, the 78.8 "when new" figure is actually the useable capacity) or are you saying that is incorrect?

Is it 75 ish useable or 79ish useable?

So does that tally with the screenshot above (as in, the 78.8 "when new" figure is actually the useable capacity) or are you saying that is incorrect?

Is it 75 ish useable or 79ish useable?
Now you've got me, I knicked the details from a website that lists these things. It's 79kwh compared to the original M3 LR which was 75kwh, then became 82kwh in europe but we didn't get in the UK and now we all get the 79kwh battery in the M3, same as MY (I know we're tallkng MY here, I'm only mentioning the M3 as that gives the context re 75kwh references and the two use the same batteries now) Whether thats "useable" or "actual" I couldn't say, useable I believe.

Reactions: Casss
Apparently some Texas Mrs are now being delivered with 4680 battery packs.
This is very exciting and I look forward to hearing how they fare in real world usage. Maybe I'll be placing an order for a MIG 4680 Model Y earlier than I expected :D
Weren't the Texas model Y's the new 'standard' AWD 279-mile range?

I was personally hoping for a small bump in range due to it being lighter, and at a similar price point. I wonder if MIG and the others will follow suit with the 'standard' range or if they will match the current LR/ P's range but increase the price when transitioning to the 4680's.

Hovering over the order button is killing me with the current residuals.

Finally got around to looking last night. Seems to be the 82kWh battery, with an artifical cap. This is for my UK - Model Y delivered Early March 2022
Hey Arran, What is that screen shot from? What is the usable size of your March MY LR, I have mid March and would love to make my spreadsheets accurate (sad) cheers Simon Z